+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
TeamGO said:
Hello everyone,

We received contact from CEM today. Our application status is as follows:

Application eligibility for PR- Approved
Applicant criminality checks- Approved
Applicant background checks- Approved
Applicant medical review- In Progress

Re-meds were requested last week, and submitted yesterday. DM should be coming soon. Fingers crossed.
Heh teamgo. So happy for you. And so jealous How did you receive this info??

TeamGO

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-SEP-2013
AOR Received.
29-OCT-2013
Med's Request
23-OCT-2014 (Re-Med)
Med's Done....
06-JUN-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-DEC-2014 (DM 15-DEC-2014 VISA Rec'd 12-JAN-2015)
LANDED..........
Flights Booked 17-JAN-2015
Hwseyl said:
Heh teamgo. So happy for you. And so jealous How did you receive this info??
Thank you for your well wishes. No need to be jealous. All applications have their own timeline. The information came from CEM as a response to an email sent from our MP asking why passport was being held for so long.

Jesbin

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesomeg said:
If there is someone that I really feel happy that have received confirmation that everything is good, that is you Gumper....
I also contacted my MP "Again"... and he has been very kind and helpful,.... not like many other cases....

I am hoping that when my MP contact me will be to give me the good news also....

God Bless you and your wife.... hoping all the best in your new life
Hi just want to ask what did your mp tell you when you call him? Sorry for asking cause i read in one of your post that you called your mp.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
Jesbin said:
Hi just want to ask what did your mp tell you when you call him? Sorry for asking cause i read in one of your post that you called your mp.
Yes, I received a call from my MP and he told me that they have sent the file for background check
and that was the situation...
But he advise me that if the file was approaching the expiration date to the medical examinations, then
I go back and he would see what he can do to help...
So, if nothing change from now to the end of December, then I think that I will be going back ...

But at this stage I can see that everybody is in the same situation,
just a few files seem to be moving, plenty of files from 2013 still waiting,
So, we are just watching how everything develops... and waiting, like everybody else.

Jesbin

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesomeg said:
Yes, I received a call from my MP and he told me that they have sent the file for background check
But he advise me that if the file was approaching the expiration date to the medical examinations, then
So, if nothing change from now to the end of December, then I think that I will be going back ...

So, we are just watching how everything develops... and waiting, like everybody else.
Going back to your mp? Ah ok becuz we have the same timeline my medical will expire on January to. So I see they just send your papers for background check.

EBUENCONS

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-7-2013
Interview........
hope not anymore
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
LANDED..........
hopefully this july
Awesomeg said:

wat does it means if its on background checking? our MP told my partner that im already on background checking i dont know wat it exactly means.is it like on the final stage?how long will it take and whats next on that.im already on my 14th month also this nov 18 and my medical has already been expired 3 months ago ...so frustrating,it was nice of your mP that she/hee is helpful.

Jesbin

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EBUENCONS said:
wat does it means if its on background checking? our MP told my partner that im already on background checking i dont know wat it exactly means.is it like on the final stage?how long will it take and whats next on that.im already on my 14th month also this nov 18 and my medical has already been expired 3 months ago ...so frustrating,it was nice of your mP that she/hee is helpful.
Did you email CEM about the expiration of your medical?

EBUENCONS

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-7-2013
Interview........
hope not anymore
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
LANDED..........
hopefully this july
Jesbin said:
Did you email CEM about the expiration of your medical?
yes they said that they will just email me if they need any additional docs or remedical,. so frustrating

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
they better not ask any more at this point
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
[size=12pt]Demonstration in Ajax, Ontario November 13th
[/size]
All of you who have been waiting to be united with your loved ones!

All of you who are fed up with endless, ever increasing processing times!

Come and join a demonstration in Ajax at the Honorable Chris Alexander's constituency office on November 13th at 2:00 PM
For those of you who don't know, Chris Alexander is the Minister of Immigration and Citizenship. He is also the MP of Ajax / Pickering. He's been closing visa processing centres, not caring how will that affect families that are kept apart.

If we get 15 people to demonstrate... we'll make it into the newspapers. If we get 150 people... we'll make it into the evening news on TV. That is the only time CIC will pay attention, so let us do it!

Please join our FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/769729313073859/

and mark your calendars! You owe it to yourself to do this!

Jesbin

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EBUENCONS said:
yes they said that they will just email me if they need any additional docs or remedical,. so frustrating
Maybe you don't have to do remed. The visa officer might just extend your medical, cuz it's been 3 months already when your medical expired.

EBUENCONS

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-7-2013
Interview........
hope not anymore
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
LANDED..........
hopefully this july
Hi guys just heard goodnews from my partner's MP we already passed the eligiblity on genuiness of our relationship and where already in process.,though where not yet finish on my background checking hopefully will recieve visa soon.sept 2013 applicant here.im just a bit worried my medical is already expired 2 or 3months now im expecting for a remedical request.our MP said we just have to wait.were still waiting patiently.goodluck to all of us.

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
EBUENCONS said:
Hi guys just heard goodnews from my partner's MP we already passed the eligiblity on genuiness of our relationship and where already in process.,though where not yet finish on my background checking hopefully will recieve visa soon.sept 2013 applicant here.im just a bit worried my medical is already expired 2 or 3months now im expecting for a remedical request.our MP said we just have to wait.were still waiting patiently.goodluck to all of us.
Great news. Hope you hear soon.

Heather

EBUENCONS

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-7-2013
Interview........
hope not anymore
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
LANDED..........
hopefully this july
Hwseyl said:
Great news. Hope you hear soon.

Heather
thanks heather. hoping to hear goodnews very soon.

TeamGO

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-SEP-2013
AOR Received.
29-OCT-2013
Med's Request
23-OCT-2014 (Re-Med)
Med's Done....
06-JUN-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-DEC-2014 (DM 15-DEC-2014 VISA Rec'd 12-JAN-2015)
LANDED..........
Flights Booked 17-JAN-2015
Great news!!!!

bealem

Jul 19, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kayaker said:
Well, your original statement was a little confusing, as it implied that everyone, including Canadians, Koreans and Japanese, should speak Tagalog if they want their application processed faster.

As for Phillippino-Canadian couples speaking Tagalog, I suppose that can help. But probably if the sponsored person has a good level of English, that would probably be just as good, if not better.
Ok I really don't understand this. The whole PR application is in English, not a word of Tagalog in there. What does language have to do with it? CEM may never physically talk to either of us unless they ask my Filipino wife for an interview. She can speak both Tagalog and English.

Surely everyone that works at CEM on processing at PR applications for Canada has a firm grasp of the English language.