+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
A thousand bucks wouldn't even cover a weeks wages after the strike. That doesn't getcha very far.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
GabbieLovesAya said:
I just got my GCMS notes. From what I see, there is a hierarchy in the process; for example at one point somebody wrote into my file "not ready for B/CRIM", which I interpret as Background / Criminality check. Furthermore, in the summary area, it says "Security: Not Started, Criminality: Not Started" and guess what - Medical: Not Started. What this tells me, that they don't even bother doing these checks until they decide that otherwise the application is heading for approval. What a process - is this what I paid thousand bucks for???? My blood is boiling OMG, my wife's medical expired in April...

I am sorry that your files is not moving....
But calm down, you will not get anywhere by getting upset...
I know its difficult, but you need to keep calm...
I hope that you get a response soon,
and that you find the way to be with your spouse.

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
they better not ask any more at this point
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
GabbieLovesAya said:
I just got my GCMS notes.
Sorry for quoting myself LOL just did not want to post something long... but I also discovered, that according to my GCMS notes, they only attached one of my 3 couriered in "further submissions" to my file. See I keep visiting my wife every 3 months and since our application is dragging on, I keep sending in updates to show that the relationship continues. So 3 Fedex envelopes went in with photos, airline tickets and a brief summary. Only one is noted in the GCMS notes as received and attached to the physical (paper) file. The other 2 seem to be missing. I am going crazy. Heading out to Manila in 3 weeks again...

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
Hwseyl said:
Just curious, is your wife japanese? I wonder if there are different piles for phillipins, Japan and South Korea??
My wife is a Filipina. My true problem is... that she originally applied to work for me as a caregiver, while I was looking for a caregiver (my 3rd one) and she was working in Hong Kong. We discussed a few things over skype.. one thing led to another... we fell in love...

So guess what, she abandoned her caregiver application, she quit her well paying job, so that she could go home, I could visit there, meet the family, we could get married and do it the proper way... Now they look at her as an opportunist. Our file is being "reviewed" by some fart in some cushy office who is putting us through the "stress test" - making us wait and wait, to see if something will give in the relationship. I curse the day when I agreed to this "long road"... her caregiver application was a few weeks from being approved... we should have kept our mouth shut and we could have been together for the last 2 years.... But my sweetheart was worried that I will use her and never marry her OMG she wanted to see if I really mean it...

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Hi folks!

I heard somewhere on this forum that background/criminal checks (other than the police certificates we submitted - they do their own verification, in case we forged our documents I suppose) are the most costly so they do it last - after they're satisfied we're a legit couple, etc. I'm not sure that's true of all visa offices, since they seem to differ a lot.

By the way, I'm Japanese, and I applied in February. They asked for an additional document in July and we just sent it in 2 weeks ago. I'm afraid this additional document thing has probably set us back by several months... but we're all in the same/similar boat. We sit here waiting, not knowing what's going on. I'm afraid my background checks are going to take a long time because I lived in Russia for over 10 years, and Russia takes forever to answer inquiries and produce documents (if CIC is contacting Russia to check up on me.)

We also sent in additional relationship proofs (once) and I just ordered my GCMS notes.

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
Kayaker said:
I heard somewhere on this forum that background/criminal checks (other than the police certificates we submitted - they do their own verification, in case we forged our documents I suppose) are the most costly so they do it last - after they're satisfied we're a legit couple, etc.
Most costly? No matter what, we are paying for all of that. They should just do all aspects of the application at once OMG.. even if there is a refusal; should we appeal and win, will they then give us another few months of processing???? Outrageous.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Well, the bulk of the cost of our PR applications are taxpayers' money, probably. As truesmile says, our $1040 probably won't even cover a week's wages for one person working at CIC. I guess they set the fee at around $1000 so that they don't get random people applying on the off chance they get approved, and so that people would take it as a serious undertaking and prepare accordingly. They won't charge us for the actual cost of processing because that could make it prohibitively expensive for people who aren't well off. It would be awful if they made people pay the full price of the costs before they issue COPR - imagine they said "your application took xxx hours to process, please pay 15,000CAD and we will issue your COPR." A lot of people who applied Inland were complaining that they paid for it so they have a right to have their applications processed within the timeframe they expected when they applied. While I totally agree that there needs to be more transparency, the argument "we paid for it" doesn't really apply. As hefty a sum as $1040 is, it's probably a small amount compared to CIC's operational costs. :/

I suppose the background checks take a long time because it has to be done outside CIC, they have to contact the respective governments and agencies, etc. Wish they didn't have to double check us, but I suppose, if someone were desperate enough to feign a genuine loving relationship to gain PR, they might also submit falsified documents or omit to mention issues that would get them denied... I don't like it any more than you do, but I can see that they can't give us the benefit of the doubt and have to put us through all the screening. Unfortunate, but it's a fact.

By the way, when did you send those 3 "additional proofs" and when did you get the GCMS notes? I know that they take a while to open their mail and attach things to your file... maybe they still hadn't gotten around to it? Or if it's been more than a few months, maybe they do take that long to go through the mail :/ Or do they (sometimes) discard things they didn't ask for? Discouraging.

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
Well... considering that Manila deals with anywhere between 9,000 and 12,000 PRs annualy, plus about 60,000 TRV applications; considering that they employ local staff and pay them peanuts in comparison to what the 17 Canadian staff makes.... I think they get their costs out of us. Let's face it, I am a taxpayer. And God knows I paid enough into their coffers. So if they did not get their money out of me by making me pay $1,040, they did get it in another way. BTW I also pay for "Joe's" disability pension and "Mary's" heart transplant just as I pay into every public servant's salary whether they do any service for me or not. Excuse me if I demand the same service as everybody else gets. The application does not take as long as it takes because they are working on it for weeks... It takes long because they deal with one application at the time and you have to wait until your turn comes. Except.. sometimes they put your application on hold for who knows what reason. Like mine, it says "assigned to officer Axxxx; assigned by officer Axxxx, due date June 10 2014" but as per the GCMS, nothing happened on June 10th or ever since....... Yes, it is the same officer who assigned it and to whom it was assigned.

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
Kayaker said:
By the way, when did you send those 3 "additional proofs" and when did you get the GCMS notes? I know that they take a while to open their mail and attach things to your file... maybe they still hadn't gotten around to it? Or if it's been more than a few months, maybe they do take that long to go through the mail :/ Or do they (sometimes) discard things they didn't ask for? Discouraging.
I sent in stuff in January 2014, in March 2014 and in July 2014. The March 2014 is in, the rest is not. GCMS dated August 18, 2014. Discard things? When they issued my Sponsor Approval, they gave me a mailing address expressly saying that any additional information has to be sent to said address in Manila. have you seen the FB post from the PAFSO Facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=100754513461776&set=o.356565487753628&type=1&theater

The capture should read.... "Sh*t, did the recycling guy just take one of our baskets?" or "OMG there is more spousal's there in the corner. Sh*t, they are from last year"

My wife is completely losing trust in the Canadian Government and we are contemplating settling in Europe. I am a dual citizen, we've visited there last year (no problem getting a visitor's visa, since she is my spouse) and guess what, you can apply for residency while visiting, you can stay there until you receive your answer and your answer will be ready for you within 120 days guaranteed. You also get a contact number of an officer who is dealing with your application - to be able to inquire any time. Granted, there is no million person lineup to get into the country.. but still. Oh and property taxes are 14 Euros annually for a 2 bedroom condo. Still, I love Canada for it's diversity, nature etc... I have a well established business... but maybe it's time for a change. Certainly, if they will be yanking my chain for much longer, I will have to make some drastic decisions. I did not get married to be barred from living with my wife for the first 2 years+ of our marriage.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
That's discouraging news that they only attached one of your additional proofs to your file :/

I can imagine, if you have the possibility to settle in a 3rd country, it would be very tempting to do so....

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Kayaker said:
Hi folks!

I heard somewhere on this forum that background/criminal checks (other than the police certificates we submitted - they do their own verification, in case we forged our documents I suppose) are the most costly so they do it last - after they're satisfied we're a legit couple, etc. I'm not sure that's true of all visa offices, since they seem to differ a lot.

By the way, I'm Japanese, and I applied in February. They asked for an additional document in July and we just sent it in 2 weeks ago. I'm afraid this additional document thing has probably set us back by several months... but we're all in the same/similar boat. We sit here waiting, not knowing what's going on. I'm afraid my background checks are going to take a long time because I lived in Russia for over 10 years, and Russia takes forever to answer inquiries and produce documents (if CIC is contacting Russia to check up on me.)

We also sent in additional relationship proofs (once) and I just ordered my GCMS notes.
Hi, just curious what other documentation did they ask you for? Are both the sponsor and the applicant living in Japan? That's where we ran into trouble. I'm the sponsor and because I live here they wanted me to prove that I wanted to return to Canada. Hard to do for us as I severed all ties when I wanted to become a non-resident for tax purposes.

Heather

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
Hwseyl said:
Hi, just curious what other documentation did they ask you for? Are both the sponsor and the applicant living in Japan? That's where we ran into trouble. I'm the sponsor and because I live here they wanted me to prove that I wanted to return to Canada. Hard to do for us as I severed all ties when I wanted to become a non-resident for tax purposes.

Heather
Heather if you are still a Canadian citizen, you should have no problem coming back to Canada; if your husband is Japanese (I am assuming so?) then he is visa exempt and he should have no problem traveling to Canada. You could then provide the best proof... by actually starting to make steps to normalize your relationship with Canada (i.e. deal with CRA, ouch) and start by establishing a residence, getting yourself a drivers licence, find a job and do all those things that will put you on the "grid". Granted, your husband could not legally work for a while... but just to be the devil's advocate, it is indeed hard to see that you guys want to move to Canada if you keep living in Japan. At least you guys are not apart.... Wish you the best!

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
GabbieLovesAya said:
My wife is completely losing trust in the Canadian Government and we are contemplating settling in Europe. I am a dual citizen, we've visited there last year (no problem getting a visitor's visa, since she is my spouse) and guess what, you can apply for residency while visiting, you can stay there until you receive your answer and your answer will be ready for you within 120 days guaranteed. You also get a contact number of an officer who is dealing with your application - to be able to inquire any time. Granted, there is no million person lineup to get into the country.. but still. Oh and property taxes are 14 Euros annually for a 2 bedroom condo. Still, I love Canada for it's diversity, nature etc... I have a well established business... but maybe it's time for a change. Certainly, if they will be yanking my chain for much longer, I will have to make some drastic decisions. I did not get married to be barred from living with my wife for the first 2 years+ of our marriage.
Hi - I'm in a similar situation, i.e. losing patience quickly with CIC and have the EU option. I didn't know you could apply for permanent residence in EU though while visiting. Is that ALL EU countries? I have communicated with the French Embassy in Manila several times very easily by email & phone, a refreshing change. In hindsight I think I would have done the application first over there -- I was working there last year, could probably return if I really want.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Hwseyl said:

Heather
Hi Heather,

they asked for a second Russian Police Certificate. They didn't like mine because it didn't look like the ones Russians get. (Duh, I'm not Russian and I don't live in Russia anymore. The only way I can get the same certificate as Russians is if I immigrate to Russia and establish residency there. I got my first PC from the Russian consulate in Japan. The second one I got from the Russian Consulate in Canada. They look almost identical, so I'm still worried that they will reject the second PC. I'm guessing that in the Manila VO they've never dealt with a Japanese (or Korean or Philippine) person who's lived in Russia.)

My husband lives in Canada and I'm here with him as a visitor.

Yeah, I've heard that CIC can be really strict about whether the Canadian sponsor intends to return to Canada or not. To us it seems obvious that the sponsor is only going to return to Canada if and when the applicant is approved for PR, but they seem to want things like a job, a lease, house ownership... things you're not going to have yet, really.

C.R.S.

Sep 17, 2014
Hi everyone,, Does anyone here knows regarding PPR appendix A, if this form need to be signed although no instruction was given from the letter, and it says from the letter that to write the file number in it so where should i write it since the portion where it labeled " Application Number" is under "For official use only" table.
Kind a confused right know.

Any Advice Please.. Thanks