+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Anyone getting anything out of Manila??

abscott

Feb 24, 2013
Manila
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
15-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-2014
LANDED..........
02-20-2015
O_guy said:
It is not normal for the Manila VO to keep passport for 4 months. Perhaps you should send an email to them telling them you are worried about your passport since you mailed it 4 months ago.
Done that already...several times...still up to now apps received under ecas and meds results received...

I keep reminding them to notify us soon because our meds had been a year and 3mos expired now haven't done remed...

momeh_30

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila- Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOVEMBER 07, 2013 - CONJUGAL
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 11, 2013
File Transfer...
SA - NOVEMBER 26, 2013
Med's Request
REMED: FEB 14, 2015
Med's Done....
AUGUST 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 03, 2014; DM - APR. 09, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 24, 2015
LANDED..........
sooon
Hi everyone.

I'd like to ask if anyone here how had PPR last June and still got no progress with their application.

Any advise you can give me?

Thanks! ;D

God bless everyone hopefully, Visa officers are back to work now. Been a "bed weather" lately.. haha

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
they better not ask any more at this point
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
momeh_30 said:
Hi everyone.

I'd like to ask if anyone here how had PPR last June and still got no progress with their application.

Any advise you can give me?

Thanks! ;D

God bless everyone hopefully, Visa officers are back to work now. Been a "bed weather" lately.. haha
Hi there, they have our passport since April. We sent about 4 e-mails after which we received this (not very encouraging):

Dear Applicants,

We note your email below. Please be advised that this file is currently queued for review. Depending on the results of the review, further information/documents may be required. You will receive appropriate instructions by mail when we are ready to finalize your application or if any additional information/documentation is required.

Please be advised that it is now our office policy to request submission of the passport early on during processing in order to shorten the processing time of the applicant's permanent resident visa application. It does not however indicate that the application has already passed the selection stage or that a positive decision has been rendered about this application.

Thank You,
Family Reunification Unit | Unité regroupement familiale
Immigration Section | Section de l'Immigration
Embassy of Canada, Manila | Ambassade du Canada à Manille

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
GabbieLovesAya said:
Hi there, they have our passport since April. We sent about 4 e-mails after which we received this (not very encouraging):

Dear Applicants,

We note your email below. Please be advised that this file is currently queued for review. Depending on the results of the review, further information/documents may be required. You will receive appropriate instructions by mail when we are ready to finalize your application or if any additional information/documentation is required.

Please be advised that it is now our office policy to request submission of the passport early on during processing in order to shorten the processing time of the applicant's permanent resident visa application. It does not however indicate that the application has already passed the selection stage or that a positive decision has been rendered about this application.

Thanks for posting this. Not terribly encouraging in some ways, as we know when they ask for the passport they also ask for additional documents like Appendix A, etc. at that time. Now they're saying they could ask for even more documents. Geez. If they ever do then it will just add more time to the whole process, cripes!

momeh_30

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila- Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 11, 2013
File Transfer...
SA - NOVEMBER 26, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
AUGUST 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 24, 2015
LANDED..........
sooon
GabbieLovesAya said:
Hi there, they have our passport since April. We sent about 4 e-mails after which we received this (not very encouraging): [/i]
I see. We did sent an email and my partner already talked to an MP last week. What they told us was to wait and will take an action, a month prior the end of the timeline process. Good thing for you since you're a 2014 applicant. Mine was since last year and I just got my PPR this June. I think we really just have to wait. :'(

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
momeh_30 said:
I see. We did sent an email and my partner already talked to an MP last week. What they told us was to wait and will take an action, a month prior the end of the timeline process. Good thing for you since you're a 2014 applicant. Mine was since last year and I just got my PPR this June. I think we really just have to wait. :'(
Sorry guys I just fixed a wrong date in my timeline. We are actually June 2013 applicants....

momeh_30

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila- Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 11, 2013
File Transfer...
SA - NOVEMBER 26, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
AUGUST 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 24, 2015
LANDED..........
sooon
GabbieLovesAya said:
Sorry guys I just fixed a wrong date in my timeline. We are actually June 2013 applicants....
haha.. I see...i don't understand too why it's taking that long.. What's the status of your application again?

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
GabbieLovesAya said:
Some other stuff that I found out:

All applications go through a triage process administered by local staff. The straight forward applications go to a queue that is reviewed & approved by local staff. These get pumped out in 7-8 months. The complicated applications are triaged to a different queue, to be reviewed by more senior, Canadian visa officers. This is the slow lane, so those of you who are there with me, hang in there.

I think the following supports the above info (that I got from a different source):

Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration
NUMBER 006, 2nd SESSION , 41st PARLIAMENT - EVIDENCE
Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My name is Catherine Bailey, and I am the immigration program manager in Manila.
The Manila visa office is a large centre for both permanent and temporary migration. Our office currently consists of 19 Canada-based officers, including two medical officers and a CBSA liaison officer. There are also 77 locally engaged staff, 10 of whom are designated to render decisions on visa applications. We are responsible for a large territory that includes the Philippines, Japan, South Korea, and a large swath of small Pacific islands.

You can find the whole hearing here http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=6338509&Language=E&Mode=1

I think the Canadian staff just had their annual f'in vacation leave and there is nobody home.... hope they start working again soon....

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
What's the status of your application again?
The status.... according to GCMS is "queued for review by a visa officer"... my application is complicated.... 2nd Filipina wife, age "gap" - so they deem me a womanizer and my wife a scammer I guess? I don't think anybody has looked at our evidence of the relationship... like 9 visits to Philippines, Europe (we traveled together to see my family there) 2500+ hours of skype logs, pictures that radiate love and happiness... nah, this guy belongs to the slow lane.

What pisses me off, that according to the spreadsheet, people that applied way after us are already in Canada. So where is the equal process for everybody, I paid the 1000 bucks just like everybody else... sorry for venting.

momeh_30

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila- Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 11, 2013
File Transfer...
SA - NOVEMBER 26, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
AUGUST 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 24, 2015
LANDED..........
sooon
GabbieLovesAya said:
The status.... according to GCMS is "queued for review by a visa officer"... my application is complicated.... 2nd Filipina wife, age "gap" - so they deem me a womanizer and my wife a scammer I guess? I don't think anybody has looked at our evidence of the relationship... like 9 visits to Philippines, Europe (we traveled together to see my family there) 2500+ hours of skype logs, pictures that radiate love and happiness... nah, this guy belongs to the slow lane.

What pisses me off, that according to the spreadsheet, people that applied way after us are already in Canada. So where is the equal process for everybody, I paid the 1000 bucks just like everybody else... sorry for venting.
I do understand you... By the way, the link you sent was interesting. It just means they are giving time in doing something in making their processes amiable for everyone. Don't worry about the proofs, long as you know your love is genuine that should be out of the question. Our application is quite complicated too, "conjugal partner" plus a few more interesting stuff.. haha..
Let's just look at it this way, some got their visas and are getting theirs, just means VO's are working. Could be we're on a different queue since our respective application is "complicated". Stay positive and it will follow through. Good thing you vented it out.. makes you feel better.. and we're all here to listen.. By the way, is your medical expired too?

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Thank you everyone for supplying as much information as you have.

I'm really pissed now. How the hell would we have ended up in the 'complicated' pile? My husband and I have been married 14 years and have three children (who are duel citizens!) How could that be any simpler??

They questioned my desire and intent to return to Canada. How dare they??

All we can do is wait but my husband keeps questioning the intent of the Canadian govt. Do they not want Canadians to return??

We had another large earthquake yesterday and the stress of all this is driving me crazy!

Sorry, this seems to be the only place we can vent since the govt doesn't want to listen. And yes, I have written to an MP and saw them is the summer. And all they seem to say is 'Sorry, you just have to wait.' But this wait is unexceptable!!

Heather

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
GabbieLovesAya said:

Dear Applicants,

Thank You,
Family Reunification Unit | Unité regroupement familiale
Immigration Section | Section de l'Immigration
Embassy of Canada, Manila | Ambassade du Canada à Manille
This is not really good for some applicants especially when they are not in the Philippines such as my wife who is a citizen of the Philippines but a current resident for Thailand and requires her passport frequently for Thai immigration.

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
Hwseyl said:
All we can do is wait but my husband keeps questioning the intent of the Canadian govt. Do they not want Canadians to return??

We had another large earthquake yesterday and the stress of all this is driving me crazy!

Sorry, this seems to be the only place we can vent since the govt doesn't want to listen. And yes, I have written to an MP and saw them is the summer. And all they seem to say is 'Sorry, you just have to wait.' But this wait is unexceptable!!
Well remember when election time rolls around. Nothing can be worse than this. Green party! Marihuana party! Tea party! Actually, next year, I am voting Liberal, just because they have the highest chance beating the Harper government.... and nothing can be worse than this