+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
Kayaker said:
Hi Awesomeg,

yes, we sent them 20+ pages of proof that we applied for the additional document as soon as we could - copies of the application for police certificate, photos of the xpress post envelope it went out in, a screenshot of Canada Post website confirming delivery, the tracking number for the return envelope, screenshots of the Russian consulate website that says a police certificate takes 2 months to process, etc. Overkill maybe but we're pretty paranoid.

I guess we'll send them additional proof (bank statements and photos from our wedding reception, which took place after we applied for PR) along with the additional document when it comes...

Fingers crossed!
Well done...better to play safe...
I hope that they will take that as a proof that the previous
police certificate is valid...
and hope that they will proceed without delays...

sweetiepie46

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2014
AOR Received.
SA August 1, 2014
File Transfer...
August 1, 2014
Med's Done....
June 3, 2914
Passport Req..
soon please!
VISA ISSUED...
soon please!
LANDED..........
soon please!
CEM is working pretty hard today because lots of applicants got DM,In Process, and Visa on hand......yehheeeeyyyyy....I am already excited for the June applicants for PPR.

alexmae

Jul 31, 2014
hi good evening everyone!

I just want to ask to make it sure APPENDIX A DO I NEED TO WRITE THE NAME OF MY HUSBAND? he is Canadian citizen coz I saw there is a box for spouse name.

thanks for the reply

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexmae said:
hi good evening everyone!

I just want to ask to make it sure APPENDIX A DO I NEED TO WRITE THE NAME OF MY HUSBAND? he is Canadian citizen coz I saw there is a box for spouse name.

thanks for the reply
Yes, Appendix A has a column for the information of your spouse. It does not matter whether he is Canadian Citizen or not. However, his passport number is not necessary. Only the passport number of yourself and your children, if you have any who are going with you.

alexmae

Jul 31, 2014
O_guy said:
Yes, Appendix A has a column for the information of your spouse. It does not matter whether he is Canadian Citizen or not. However, his passport number is not necessary. Only the passport number of yourself and your children, if you have any who are going with you.
thank you so much for ur reply

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Anyone else from December still waiting?? We got (and sent in the next day) our PPR two months ago and have not heard anything since. Contacted a MP and they said our call forward day was Aug 31 but still no change in the status. Just about driving me crazy.

Heather

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Hwseyl said:
Anyone else from December still waiting?? We got (and sent in the next day) our PPR two months ago and have not heard anything since. Contacted a MP and they said our call forward day was Aug 31 but still no change in the status. Just about driving me crazy.

Heather
Hi Heather....STILL waiting eh? Aye carumba. Since you're not technically over the stated 14 month processing time for Manila I'm not sure they would view your visa situation as "overdue" & just how much your MP can do. We're over a month heading to two now too after returning passports to CEM, very frustrating wait that's for sure! (As Jan 2014 applicants we probably technically can't gripe until March 2015, unfathomable to think it could really take that long.) Hang tough is all we can say right now.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hwseyl said:

Heather
Heather, I strongly urge you to email the Manila VO and tell them you are worried that your passport may have gotten lost since you sent 2 months. Then simply ask them if they have received it. My wife and I were worried about something which prompted us to email the Manila VO and they gave us an answer.

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
they better not ask any more at this point
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
Gumper said:
Hi Heather....STILL waiting eh? Aye carumba. Since you're not technically over the stated 14 month processing time for Manila I'm not sure they would view your visa situation as "overdue" & just how much your MP can do. We're over a month heading to two now too after returning passports to CEM, very frustrating wait that's for sure! (As Jan 2014 applicants we probably technically can't gripe until March 2015, unfathomable to think it could really take that long.) Hang tough is all we can say right now.
Hate to break the news but the processing times were updated today and Manila now shows 15 months. I checked yesterday, it said "as of March 10, 2014" and Manila was 14. Today it changed to 15 months - quarterly update as of July 22nd, 2014. I am on my MP's case every day; since it was 8 months in Manila when I applied in June 2013. But that is another story.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
GabbieLovesAya said:
Hate to break the news but the processing times were updated today and Manila now shows 15 months. I checked yesterday, it said "as of March 10, 2014" and Manila was 14. Today it changed to 15 months - quarterly update as of July 22nd, 2014. I am on my MP's case every day; since it was 8 months in Manila when I applied in June 2013. But that is another story.

What the statistics say and what is happening now in Manila is something different,
Manila is moving cases faster than ever,
they are sending passport requests for applicants from the month of May I think...
and that is really fast...
I have seen cases with passport back in very short time.... like 180 days... that is 6 month

So, take the stats with a grain of salt....

reality in Manila right now is completely different.....

I am sorry that your case is taking so long....

I am February 2014 applicants and we are waiting for DM...
our file will be completed in about 7 months... Thanks God

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hwseyl said:

Heather

Since December... that is really long....
you should e-mail CEM and ask if they have received your passport since you have not received any feedback

Did you send it through Courier ?
You can ask your courier for delivery information also....
that will clear the concern of being received or not....

For some reason some unlucky cases get very slow response.... I am so sorry that you fell in that category...
I don't know why they take so long to process some cases... but as a matter of fact, it happens more than what we would like....

Be positive, and deposit your faith in God, and everything will work for good...

Send Manila a note and ask them to clarify your concern...

Blessings

chach

Star Member
Jan 10, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2, 2013
AOR Received.
December 21, 2013
File Transfer...
December 27, 2013
Med's Done....
November 4, 2013
Passport Req..
June 10, 2014, IN PROCESS August 13, 2014, DM Sept 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Received Sept 5, 2014
LANDED..........
NA
I am a Dec 2013 applicant, and got IN PROCESS 3 weeks ago. I just recently got Decision Made. You should definitely email CEM. The day after I emailed CEM my status changed to IN PROCESS.

eiluj

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov.,2013
File Transfer...
9-Dec.,2013
Med's Done....
(Upfront)24-August-2013-- Remed (Oct.14,2013)
Passport Req..
PPR- Jan.13-2014 IN PROCESS ( 8-July,2014)
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... in Gods time
LANDED..........
The sooner hopefully...
chach said:
I am a Dec 2013 applicant, and got IN PROCESS 3 weeks ago. I just recently got Decision Made. You should definitely email CEM. The day after I emailed CEM my status changed to IN PROCESS.

good for you :) do you have your visa in hand now?

do you guys know how long will it takes before the CEM usually ask for remed? ???

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
O_guy said:
Heather, I strongly urge you to email the Manila VO and tell them you are worried that your passport may have gotten lost since you sent 2 months. Then simply ask them if they have received it. My wife and I were worried about something which prompted us to email the Manila VO and they gave us an answer.
Hi, Actually we're in Japan so we didn't need to send in my husband's passport, only Appendix A. :(

Heather

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
BTW, what address do you use to ask questions to the embassy?

Heather