+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Manila VO folks,

I have question for you. When the Manila VO sends PPR email, does that mean they waived interview? Has any of you ever seen a situation where they sent PPR to someone and then requested interview?

chach

Star Member
Jan 10, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2, 2013
AOR Received.
December 21, 2013
File Transfer...
December 27, 2013
Med's Done....
November 4, 2013
Passport Req..
June 10, 2014, IN PROCESS August 13, 2014, DM Sept 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Received Sept 5, 2014
LANDED..........
NA
O_guy said:
Hello Manila VO folks,

I have question for you. When the Manila VO sends PPR email, does that mean they waived interview? Has any of you ever seen a situation where they sent PPR to someone and then requested interview?
i had the same question. my lawyer said, "yes, that means you have passed the potential interview stage."

Congrats!! :D

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
Edgehead78 said:
I think everybody that is leaving Philippines is required to attend the CFO seminar. Christoph100 mentioned that his wife had the seminar before going to work in Thailand so its not only aimed to foreigner's wives. I guess she had it before meeting him.
Yes she did have it but does not have the CFO sticker anymore it was in one of her first passports this is why I have been wondering if it was needed to go back to Philippines to get it again. Plus if she did decide to go back there before departing for Canada would she need to redo the PDOS CFO requirements or would her name be in some file that shows it as complete? Knowing what I have learnt about her country the powers that be would probably request it to be done again so more fees can be charged lol.

Chris

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Been awhile since I was here last. I no longer recognize any names. LOL. I guess that's a good thing.

If I understand your situation your Filipina wife is in Thailand. She will have to submit her passport when requested by CIC to get her PPR. I'm not sure if she will want to be in another country without her passport. If she returns to the Phils she may as well get the CFO as it will be required for her to leave.

limejuice_23

Star Member
May 2, 2013
SINGAPORE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
June 3, 2013; Re-med done June 27, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-04-2014; sent May 20; re-sent July 1;
VISA ISSUED...
DM: JUL 28, 14
LANDED..........
God's Perfect Time
Christoph100 said:
Yes she did have it but does not have the CFO sticker anymore it was in one of her first passports this is why I have been wondering if it was needed to go back to Philippines to get it again. Plus if she did decide to go back there before departing for Canada would she need to redo the PDOS CFO requirements or would her name be in some file that shows it as complete? Knowing what I have learnt about her country the powers that be would probably request it to be done again so more fees can be charged lol.

Chris
Hi Chris, If she is going to Canada from PH, then yes, you would have to re-attend these seminars and what-have-yous. If she decides to go to Canada from Thailand, then there is no need, because the Thai Customs officer wouldn't require these stickers from here.

I do believe Canada immig at the airport doesn't really care much for it; Jus so long as they have the proper COPR and passport and maybe some supporting document; eg marriage cert

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
limejuice_23 said:
Hi Chris, If she is going to Canada from PH, then yes, you would have to re-attend these seminars and what-have-yous. If she decides to go to Canada from Thailand, then there is no need, because the Thai Customs officer wouldn't require these stickers from here.

I do believe Canada immig at the airport doesn't really care much for it; Jus so long as they have the proper COPR and passport and maybe some supporting document; eg marriage cert
Correct, all CBSA looks for is: PASSPORT with VISA and 2 copies of COPR that you will receive in package from CEM to land.

eiluj

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov.,2013
File Transfer...
9-Dec.,2013
Med's Done....
(Upfront)24-August-2013-- Remed (Oct.14,2013)
Passport Req..
PPR- Jan.13-2014 IN PROCESS ( 8-July,2014)
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... in Gods time
LANDED..........
The sooner hopefully...
ericibebe said:
thank you for reply.my ecase showed in process on 4 July.really hope I can get ppr in 15 days too!

helo there..just new in this thread and I kept on searching the same situation as I had which my ecas turned to " in process" last July 8 but I haven't receive any email for PPR yet... ??? ::)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eiluj said:
helo there..just new in this thread and I kept on searching the same situation as I had which my ecas turned to " in process" last July 8 but I haven't receive any email for PPR yet... ??? ::)
I'm sorry your wait has been long. Most folks who have submitted application in January, February, and some who submitted in March have received PPR. Just remember that the VO workers are humans and could have accidently put your application in the wrong cabinet. At least now they are looking at it since your ecas changed to "in process" so it should not be long. I'm wondering, does your spouse live in a country other than the Philippines? I wonder if that made the wait longer.

eiluj

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov.,2013
File Transfer...
9-Dec.,2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... in Gods time
LANDED..........
The sooner hopefully...
O_guy said:
I'm sorry your wait has been long. Most folks who have submitted application in January, February, and some who submitted in March have received PPR. Just remember that the VO workers are humans and could have accidently put your application in the wrong cabinet. At least now they are looking at it since your ecas changed to "in process" so it should not be long. I'm wonder, does your spouse live in a country other than the Philippines? I wonder if that made the wait longer.

I'm getting worried here now actually as I don't know what to expect next as my case is pretty unusual ???
..my husband is a foreigner who raised and live there now.. even if I don't like to compare my case to others I can't help myself not to think now.. ???

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eiluj said:
I'm getting worried here now actually as I don't know what to expect next as my case is pretty unusual ???
..my husband is a foreigner who raised and live there now.. even if I don't like to compare my case to others I can't help myself not to think now.. ???
Your husband being foreigner does not matter. He lives in Canada and he was approved as a sponsor, so the Manila VO is not concerned about him being foreigner. The VO is simply looking at you as a couple and whether your relationship is genuine and continuing. Did you include proof in your applicatino showing you and your husband have had ongoing communication before you got married? Did you take many pictures at your wedding? Were your family and friends at your wedding? Basically, the Manila VO will look for the answers to those questions to judge whether or not your marriage is legitmate. I recently received PPR email and at the bottom of the email it says, "Family Reunification Unit, Manila Embassy" so that tells you the people processing your application work for the Family Reunification Unit and they will reunite you with your husband if they think your marriage is legitimate.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
Thanks limejuice and step for this information.

Chris

eiluj

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov.,2013
File Transfer...
9-Dec.,2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... in Gods time
LANDED..........
The sooner hopefully...
O_guy said:
Your husband being foreigner does not matter. He lives in Canada and he was approved as a sponsor, so the Manila VO is not concerned about him being foreigner. The VO is simply looking at you as a couple and whether your relationship is genuine and continuing. Did you include proof in your applicatino showing you and your husband have had ongoing communication before you got married? Did you take many pictures at your wedding? Were your family and friends at your wedding? Basically, the Manila VO will look for the answers to those questions to judge whether or not your marriage is legitmate. I recently received PPR email and at the bottom of the email it says, "Family Reunification Unit, Manila Embassy" so that tells you the people processing your application work for the Family Reunification Unit and they will reunite you with your husband if they think your marriage is legitimate.
Before I go on.. I appreciate your time in making conversation with regards to my worries here..when it comes to prof of being together right before the wedding I'm sure we're very much ok with that as We sent pics.from the first time we saw each other in person,until the wedding,from the oldest ym messages,his phone bill receipt which shows that he is constantly calling me, exchanged card from different occasions,etc.so I'm having this big question like what's wrong with our papers.. ??? and what I'm afraid most is that my medical is about to expire on Aug.24.. I really hope that they will really give us the chance to reunite with our loved ones.. so soon ::)

do we have the same case?? ::)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eiluj said:
Before I go on.. I appreciate your time in making conversation with regards to my worries here..when it comes to prof of being together right before the wedding I'm sure we're very much ok with that as We sent pics.from the first time we saw each other in person,until the wedding,from the oldest ym messages,his phone bill receipt which shows that he is constantly calling me, exchanged card from different occasions,etc.so I'm having this big question like what's wrong with our papers.. ??? and what I'm afraid most is that my medical is about to expire on Aug.24.. I really hope that they will really give us the chance to reunite with our loved ones.. so soon ::)

do we have the same case?? ::)
No, my wife's case did not take much time to get PPR and we thank God for that.

With respect to your medical being close to expiring, if I were you, I would send email to the VO (MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca). I would put my File number in the subject line, and in the body of the email, I would simply tell them that I'm concerned with my medical expiring soon and ask them to PLEASE extend my medical. Don't tell them about how others who applied after you already received PPR because they would just see that as complaining and they will simply delete your email. Instead, tell them about your concern, which is very valid concern.

eiluj

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov.,2013
File Transfer...
9-Dec.,2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... in Gods time
LANDED..........
The sooner hopefully...
O_guy said:
No, my wife's case did not take much time to get PPR and we thank God for that.

With respect to your medical being close to expiring, if I were you, I would send email to the VO (MANILIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca). I would put my File number in the subject line, and in the body of the email, I would simply tell them that I'm concerned with my medical expiring soon and ask them to PLEASE extend my medical. Don't tell them about how others who applied after you already received PPR because they would just see that as complaining and they will simply delete your email. Instead, tell them about your concern, which is very valid concern.
Oh your wife is lucky enough as she did not go through this kind of frustrations I guess..
With regards to my medical I'm bit confused if what should I consider as the date of expiration..1.) is it the date when I undergone or 2.) the time when the clinic submitted it to the CEM? and if it is the first one can I ask a favor if you can give me the format on how to send them email? hope it's not too much to ask.. ??? thanks a lot in advance :)