+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

chach

Star Member
Jan 10, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2, 2013
AOR Received.
December 21, 2013
File Transfer...
December 27, 2013
Med's Done....
November 4, 2013
Passport Req..
June 10, 2014, IN PROCESS August 13, 2014, DM Sept 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Received Sept 5, 2014
LANDED..........
NA
eiluj said:
Oh your wife is lucky enough as she did not go through this kind of frustrations I guess..
With regards to my medical I'm bit confused if what should I consider as the date of expiration..1.) is it the date when I undergone or 2.) the time when the clinic submitted it to the CEM? and if it is the first one can I ask a favor if you can give me the format on how to send them email? hope it's not too much to ask.. ??? thanks a lot in advance :)
it is the date that you took your exam.

trewmenn

Champion Member
May 23, 2012
pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
04-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
16-June-2014: In Process July 10, 2014-submit passport and docs July 15, 2014 by SG beronia
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2015 DM-04-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
4-Sept-2014 Going to Calgary
eiluj said:
Oh your wife is lucky enough as she did not go through this kind of frustrations I guess..
With regards to my medical I'm bit confused if what should I consider as the date of expiration..1.) is it the date when I undergone or 2.) the time when the clinic submitted it to the CEM? and if it is the first one can I ask a favor if you can give me the format on how to send them email? hope it's not too much to ask.. ??? thanks a lot in advance :)
This what will you expect. Just be ready to be called by the embassy to call you to bring your passport for stamping. It will take 1 day for the printing and also before your medical expires be ready for your stuffs and luggages. sometime they give you 1 to 2 weeks visa validity. to leave to philippines

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eiluj said:
I have sent you a private message. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Just called the CFO office for some clarifications. After going through four different people to get to someone with passable English I wasn't reassured at all. Hoping to hear from others on here who have actually done it recently.

In the "Requirements" list for the seminar it indicates obvious things to bring (passport(s), visa(s), marriage certificate, ID, etc.) but there is a murky point # 4 "other documents as may be required by counselors". The woman I spoke with told me this could mean pictures as proof of relationship. What?! The marriage certificate & CDN visa might not be sufficient for these people?! Do I need to send copies of my passport page too? What if there are other documents that they demand to see -- my wife has to travel 100's of kms to Manila for this -- and we don't have them on hand...?

Otherwise the woman said there is no need to fill out the "Information Sheet" that can be downloaded on their web site....just bring whatever is generated from the online booking of the session. She didn't know if it was necessary to bring a hard copy photo, in addition to the one to be uploaded (JPEG) in the online reservation. She said to bring a photo (Filipino passport size) of my wife's son who will be travelling with her, but didn't know what other form if any was needed for him. Also didn't know if the 400p fee was just for my wife or if the same had to be paid for the boy.

Man! Very frustrating nonsense for this complete charade that only adds needless stress to the whole process.

Appreciate any feedback from those with spouses (and children) who have been through it. Thanks!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gumper said:
Just called the CFO office for some clarifications. After going through four different people to get to someone with passable English I wasn't reassured at all. Hoping to hear from others on here who have actually done it recently.

In the "Requirements" list for the seminar it indicates obvious things to bring (passport(s), visa(s), marriage certificate, ID, etc.) but there is a murky point # 4 "other documents as may be required by counselors". The woman I spoke with told me this could mean pictures as proof of relationship. What?! The marriage certificate & CDN visa might not be sufficient for these people?! Do I need to send copies of my passport page too? What if there are other documents that they demand to see -- my wife has to travel 100's of kms to Manila for this -- and we don't have them on hand...?

Otherwise the woman said there is no need to fill out the "Information Sheet" that can be downloaded on their web site....just bring whatever is generated from the online booking of the session. She didn't know if it was necessary to bring a hard copy photo, in addition to the one to be uploaded (JPEG) in the online reservation. She said to bring a photo (Filipino passport size) of my wife's son who will be travelling with her, but didn't know what other form if any was needed for him. Also didn't know if the 400p fee was just for my wife or if the same had to be paid for the boy.

Man! Very frustrating nonsense for this complete charade that only adds needless stress to the whole process.

Appreciate any feedback from those with spouses (and children) who have been through it. Thanks!
My wife went through this a few months ago before even getting her PPR and when she went to the seminar, she was not asked to provide any pictures to prove our relationship. The way this came about is that she went to renew her passport since the old one was close to expiry date and she told the passport office that she is going through spousal sponsorship and then they told her she has to go through this seminar. She quickly made an appointment and she went to the seminar. 4 Filipina women, all married to Canadian men, and one counsellor were in a room and had generic conversation about marriage. The only document she took to the seminar was our marriage certificate and her old passport as an ID.

Do not stress over this.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
O_guy said:
My wife went through this a few months ago before even getting her PPR and when she went to the seminar, she was not asked to provide any pictures to prove our relationship. The way this came about is that she went to renew her passport since the old one was close to expiry date and she told the passport office that she is going through spousal sponsorship and then they told her she has to go through this seminar. She quickly made an appointment and she went to the seminar. 4 Filipina women, all married to Canadian men, and one counsellor were in a room and had generic conversation about marriage. The only document she took to the seminar was our marriage certificate and her old passport as an ID.

Do not stress over this.
Thanks o-guy. Looks like your wife was/is in or near Manila? Mine is in Bicol, a flight (or overnight bus) away. Hence the stressing. For that reason we've also decided not to leave it to a day or two before she flies out of the Phils.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gumper said:
Thanks o-guy. Looks like your wife was/is in or near Manila? Mine is in Bicol, a flight (or overnight bus) away. Hence the stressing. For that reason we've also decided not to leave it to a day or two before she flies out of the Phils.
You are absolutely right, it would be insane to leave the seminar within a few days of flying. My wive lived 3 hours from Manila and after the passport office told her she has to get the sticker, I had quickly get on my laptop and make hotel reservations for her so that she can stay in Manila for couple of days and do the seminar. When I said don't stress, I meant in terms of what she needs to take to the seminar. All she needs is the marriage certificate and passport. And shen she calls them to make the appoint, she SHOULD inform them that her husband is Canadian. That is how my wife ended up in a room with 4 women, all of hom are married to Canadian men.

My wife called them and was able to get an appointment for the very next day.

I wish you best of luck.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
O_guy said:
You are absolutely right, it would be insane to leave the seminar within a few days of flying. My wive lived 3 hours from Manila and after the passport office told her she has to get the sticker, I had quickly get on my laptop and make hotel reservations for her so that she can stay in Manila for couple of days and do the seminar. When I said don't stress, I meant in terms of what she needs to take to the seminar. All she needs is the marriage certificate and passport. And shen she calls them to make the appoint, she SHOULD inform them that her husband is Canadian. That is how my wife ended up in a room with 4 women, all of hom are married to Canadian men.

My wife called them and was able to get an appointment for the very next day.

I wish you best of luck.
She ended up with for other Canadian's wives because they are separating groups by country. Canada seminar days are Tuesdays and Fridays morning.
According to their website, she cant call or walk-in anymore for appointment, she have to enroll online.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Edgehead78 said:
She ended up with for other Canadian's wives because they are separating groups by country. Canada seminar days are Tuesdays and Fridays morning.
According to their website, she cant call or walk-in anymore for appointment, she have to enroll online.
That's right Edgehead, and you have to upload a photo (JPEG) with the online enrollment.

eiluj

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov.,2013
File Transfer...
9-Dec.,2013
Med's Done....
(Upfront)24-August-2013-- Remed (Oct.14,2013)
Passport Req..
PPR- Jan.13-2014 IN PROCESS ( 8-July,2014)
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... in Gods time
LANDED..........
The sooner hopefully...
O_guy said:
I have sent you a private message. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

I got that message.. you've been too nice... Thank you so much :)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bryanisip said:
hi, do i really need 9 photos (appendix B) ?
Very good question. Well, we included 9 passport sized photos of my wife but we did not include photos of any family members. What caused confusion is that the Sponsorship package asks for 9-photos of each of the family members. But no, that is not necessary. Only focus on the applicant.

eiluj

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov.,2013
File Transfer...
9-Dec.,2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... in Gods time
LANDED..........
The sooner hopefully...
chach said:
it is the date that you took your exam.
oh ok..so it means I should start my countdown now ??? I'm hardly praying that I could get a call from the embassy as Trewmenn said right before its expiration.. thanks to you :)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eiluj said:
I got that message.. you've been too nice... Thank you so much :)
you are very welcome. Feel free to message me in private if you need help.

eiluj

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov.,2013
File Transfer...
9-Dec.,2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... in Gods time
LANDED..........
The sooner hopefully...
trewmenn said:
This what will you expect. Just be ready to be called by the embassy to call you to bring your passport for stamping. It will take 1 day for the printing and also before your medical expires be ready for your stuffs and luggages. sometime they give you 1 to 2 weeks visa validity. to leave to philippines

ahh it's like everything is rush but then if that's the decision maybe I'll take it with wide open arms rather than waiting for the uncertain time.. I wish that will be the exact thing to happen.. thank you Trewmenn.. really nice of you. :)