+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
After a long journey, my wife and are here at home having our first breakfast together. Now we can get on with our lives and start doing the things we planned to do. To all of you who are still waiting, hang in there, as frustrating as this process can be, at the end of it all, its all worth it.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkandElvie said:
After a long journey, my wife and are here at home having our first breakfast together. Now we can get on with our lives and start doing the things we planned to do. To all of you who are still waiting, hang in there, as frustrating as this process can be, at the end of it all, its all worth it.
Congrats Mark. Yes, if it wasn't worth at the end, no one would go through this long process. But even a wait that is about a year or so is niniscule compared to lifetime together.

hanna747

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
27-Nov-2013
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2013
Med's Request
remed: 18-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
14-Oct-2013
Interview........
17-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
18-Dec-2014
MarkandElvie said:
Thank you for the encouraging words... I reaLLy can't wait for the day that i wiLL wake up in the morning and my partner is on my side... ::) ::) ::) congrats MarkandElvie! ;)

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
MarkandElvie said:
Congrats. Process seems to drag on forever but is definitely worth it in the end.Last stages of process move relatively fast, in the blink of an eye finished.
Enjoy MarkandElvie , I know we will.

trewmenn

Champion Member
May 23, 2012
pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
04-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
16-June-2014: In Process July 10, 2014-submit passport and docs July 15, 2014 by SG beronia
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2015 DM-04-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
4-Sept-2014 Going to Calgary
MarkandElvie said:
wish all the best

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Heh GT,

If you're still hanging around here can you tell me what you needed for the app A. We are next in line it looks like but still waiting. My husband is off on a business trip next week out of country and I was wondering what we need to send in with app A so we can get it ready in case he's gone and the letter comes.

By the way, did it come by regular mail? And do you send it back by regular mail?

Heather

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Hwseyl said:
Heh GT,
If you're still hanging around here can you tell me what you needed for the app A. We are next in line it looks like but still waiting. My husband is off on a business trip next week out of country and I was wondering what we need to send in with app A so we can get it ready in case he's gone and the letter comes. By the way, did it come by regular mail? And do you send it back by regular mail?
Heather
You're next in line for PPR I assume? From Manila (CEM) you should receive an email notification, with the App A as attachment. It's a pretty basic form, with information that just needs to be updated/confirmed for them, not much else to include (aside from your passport of course). NEVER send anything in the Philippines by regular mail, use a courier. Find a courier that will receive your returned passport 'collect' as well. CEM might have a standard one they use but you can always specify your preference in your letter to them.

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Gumper said:
You're next in line for PPR I assume? From Manila (CEM) you should receive an email notification, with the App A as attachment. It's a pretty basic form, with information that just needs to be updated/confirmed for them, not much else to include (aside from your passport of course). NEVER send anything in the Philippines by regular mail, use a courier. Find a courier that will receive your returned passport 'collect' as well. CEM might have a standard one they use but you can always specify your preference in your letter to them.
It looks like we are next in line. There are only about 2-3 december applicants left.

Thanks for the info but we actually are not in Manila. We're in Yokohama so the process is a little different. For one, we don't need to send in our passport. GT, who is also here in Japan, said awhile back that even though we don't get a passport request, they do send the App A. Thanks for letting me know it comes as email. I've been watching the mailbox like a hawk! Do you know if it goes to the applicants email or the sponsors email? My husband doesn't watch his email as closely as I do.

Heather

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Hwseyl said:
It looks like we are next in line. There are only about 2-3 december applicants left.
Thanks for the info but we actually are not in Manila. We're in Yokohama so the process is a little different. For one, we don't need to send in our passport. GT, who is also here in Japan, said awhile back that even though we don't get a passport request, they do send the App A. Thanks for letting me know it comes as email. I've been watching the mailbox like a hawk! Do you know if it goes to the applicants email or the sponsors email? My husband doesn't watch his email as closely as I do.
Heather
Ah ok, you're in Japan, sorry. Good thing you won't have to deal with couriers. I assume they will let you send a scanned copy of App A with your passport scans too? Are you DEC or JAN applicant? Anyway, does look like most of DEC applicants have got PPR's now, so "JANS" are up next, exciting! I believe the email will go to the applicant's address. Make sure to watch spam and other email boxes as well (like "Updates" on gmail for example, where my sponsor confirmation email went to).

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Gumper said:
Ah ok, you're in Japan, sorry. Good thing you won't have to deal with couriers. I assume they will let you send a scanned copy of App A with your passport scans too? Are you DEC or JAN applicant? Anyway, does look like most of DEC applicants have got PPR's now, so "JANS" are up next, exciting! I believe the email will go to the applicant's address. Make sure to watch spam and other email boxes as well (like "Updates" on gmail for example, where my sponsor confirmation email went to).
Hi. We are a dec applicant. But right at the end and our sponsor approval wasn't until end of jan. Again, thanks for letting me know it comes by email. I'll try and watch my husbands email for it. I've already let him know to keep an eye on his junk box.

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Ok I'm going to throw up I'm so angry and frustrated. We just got app A but also a letter saying they don't think I'm going to move to Canada. You spend $1500 on all this crap and they don't think you're going to move?? I'm the one that wants to go. But how do I prove this?? We can't sell our house here until we know for sure. We can't buy a house there until we know for sure. We caI've applied for some jobs but all online. How do I show that?? No Facebook stuff and no emails to parents. Only FaceTime discussions. The only thing we have is a letter of intent from the company hiring my husband (the applicant). My parents live in the states so no letter from them will help.

Any ideas??

Heather

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Hwseyl said:
Ok I'm going to throw up I'm so angry and frustrated. We just got app A but also a letter saying they don't think I'm going to move to Canada. You spend $1500 on all this crap and they don't think you're going to move?? I'm the one that wants to go. But how do I prove this?? We can't sell our house here until we know for sure. We can't buy a house there until we know for sure. We caI've applied for some jobs but all online. How do I show that?? No Facebook stuff and no emails to parents. Only FaceTime discussions. The only thing we have is a letter of intent from the company hiring my husband (the applicant). My parents live in the states so no letter from them will help.
Any ideas??
Heather
I think the fact that they sent App A is a good sign, maybe means they just need some reassurance from your side that you are taking /will soon take steps to make the move to Canada. Was your husband's company's letter of intent in the original application package? If not, that would be one thing to include for sure. Also, could you now put your house on the market and show them the listing (ads, etc.)? It's a kind of chicken & egg thing for sure, unfortunately CIC has the decisive upper hand. Also, once you get the PR visa there will be a limit on when your husband can use it (I believe typically the one-year from date of his medical), so you will have to decide to fold your tent there at some point & I would imagine you would prefer to sell the house before leaving? This is how I would interpret their read to date, and how best to react to it.

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Gumper said:
I think the fact that they sent App A is a good sign, maybe means they just need some reassurance from your side that you are taking /will soon take steps to make the move to Canada. Was your husband's company's letter of intent in the original application package? If not, that would be one thing to include for sure. Also, could you now put your house on the market and show them the listing (ads, etc.)? It's a kind of chicken & egg thing for sure, unfortunately CIC has the decisive upper hand. Also, once you get the PR visa there will be a limit on when your husband can use it (I believe typically the one-year from date of his medical), so you will have to decide to fold your tent there at some point & I would imagine you would prefer to sell the house before leaving? This is how I would interpret their read to date, and how best to react to it.
Thanks gumper.

He actually has to 'land' in Canada by the one year mark of the medical but is not required to move to Canada right away. He has to reside 2/5 years there to retain the visa. That means we have two years to get it together. However, our plans are to move to Canada in April of next year when my contract expires and our school year changes. We have three kids ranging in age from 9-13 so it's not so easy to just pick up and leave. And when we first applied that website told us 14 months. Next spring.

And yes, the original letter from the company was included in the original package I sent. The company also offered us housing until we get settled. I pointed that out as well. Anyway, realized that I do have emails I can send between myself and realtors here and moving companies I've contacted. Hope that will do with a little explanation from me.

Heather

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Hwseyl said:
Thanks gumper. He actually has to 'land' in Canada by the one year mark of the medical but is not required to move to Canada right away. He has to reside 2/5 years there to retain the visa. That means we have two years to get it together. However, our plans are to move to Canada in April of next year when my contract expires and our school year changes. We have three kids ranging in age from 9-13 so it's not so easy to just pick up and leave. And when we first applied that website told us 14 months. Next spring. And yes, the original letter from the company was included in the original package I sent. The company also offered us housing until we get settled. I pointed that out as well. Anyway, realized that I do have emails I can send between myself and realtors here and moving companies I've contacted. Hope that will do with a little explanation from me.
Your plans make perfect sense Heather (especially with 3 children to manage too), however you may be the only person who doesn't necessarily want an early confirmation. (I think that 14-month estimate is kind of 'worse case', luckily for the rest of us the average seems to be much less these days.) Anyway, good thing your husband can come & go & you can spread your move/settling-in over a bit of time -- which is logical. Can't see how CIC would expect otherwise (pick up & go at their beck & call), given your situation and the fact nothing is assured here. I think if you reiterate the solidity of your husband's job scenario and settlement offer, as well as what you are doing with realtors & moving companies that will certainly help. Is it possible to ask your kids' current school principal to provide you a letter stating the process for obtaining their academic records at completion of school year so that they can transition seamlessly to Canada? Have you looked at school options in Canada...made any email contact with them to find out about entrance/transfer requirements...? Couldn't agree more that it is ridiculous to assume that you would put yourself and your family through this because you're not serious about moving to Canada, boggles the mind to know what the VO's are thinking!

trewmenn

Champion Member
May 23, 2012
pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
04-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
16-June-2014: In Process July 10, 2014-submit passport and docs July 15, 2014 by SG beronia
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2015 DM-04-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
4-Sept-2014 Going to Calgary
Hwseyl said:
Thanks gumper.

He actually has to 'land' in Canada by the one year mark of the medical but is not required to move to Canada right away. He has to reside 2/5 years there to retain the visa. That means we have two years to get it together. However, our plans are to move to Canada in April of next year when my contract expires and our school year changes. We have three kids ranging in age from 9-13 so it's not so easy to just pick up and leave. And when we first applied that website told us 14 months. Next spring.

And yes, the original letter from the company was included in the original package I sent. The company also offered us housing until we get settled. I pointed that out as well. Anyway, realized that I do have emails I can send between myself and realtors here and moving companies I've contacted. Hope that will do with a little explanation from me.

Heather
hi just updated the spreadsheet did they request you something other than passport and appendix A??? you put a date on additonal document column