+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Heh GT,

In the spreadsheet I notice that you posted that you had received a passport request. Good news! I thought because japan is visa exempt they don't require the passports. Did you get some other type of correspondence? Was it a letter requesting a copy of the passport?

Heather

gt_65

Dec 17, 2013
Hwseyl said:
Heh GT,

In the spreadsheet I notice that you posted that you had received a passport request. Good news! I thought because japan is visa exempt they don't require the passports. Did you get some other type of correspondence? Was it a letter requesting a copy of the passport?

Heather
Hi Heather - what was received is called an Appendix A. It's a request for passport type information. Passport #, expiry date, eye colour etc and passport photos, if not already provided, but no actual passport.
Have you heard of this before?

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
gt_65 said:
Hi Heather - what was received is called an Appendix A. It's a request for passport type information. Passport #, expiry date, eye colour etc and passport photos, if not already provided, but no actual passport.
Have you heard of this before?
Hi GT. Sorry. Didn't see your earlier mail saying you recieved appendix A. And no, I've never heard of it except people posting here about it. The info I sent earlier from the japan guide for pr application indicated that the first thing you hear about is decision made. I'll keep my eye out for it as December applications are now moving on to that next stage. Ya!!

Heather

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Well I just went into ECAS, it says Decision Made and that the Visa Office will be contacting my wife concerning her this decision. I guess that means she'll be hearing from CEM soon about her Visa. :)

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
MarkandElvie said:
Well I just went into ECAS, it says Decision Made and that the Visa Office will be contacting my wife concerning her this decision. I guess that means she'll be hearing from CEM soon about her Visa. :)
Congrats, VISA is on the way.
My wife received her VISA within 5 days. Issued June 4 received June 9.

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Step said:
Congrats, VISA is on the way.
My wife received her VISA within 5 days. Issued June 4 received June 9.
Thanks Step, ECAS said that Decision was made, their office will be contacting her regarding this decision. So I guess that means they'll be contacting her in regards to her visa. I hardly slept a wink last night. LOL

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
MarkandElvie said:
Thanks Step, ECAS said that Decision was made, their office will be contacting her regarding this decision. So I guess that means they'll be contacting her in regards to her visa. I hardly slept a wink last night. LOL
Congrats Markand Elvie....just curious what your application date was? Nice to be moving on I know!

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
JGM613 said:
Congrats Markand Elvie....just curious what your application date was? Nice to be moving on I know!
Our AOR was Aug 4th 2013, our PPR was April 28th 2014, changed to inprocess was June 3rd and our DM was June 12th. Now all we need to do is wait for the visa to be in her hand, get her to cfo and on a flight here to Toronto before the end of the month. Most definitely must have her here before the July 1st. :)

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
MarkandElvie said:
Our AOR was Aug 4th 2013, our PPR was April 28th 2014, changed to inprocess was June 3rd and our DM was June 12th. Now all we need to do is wait for the visa to be in her hand, get her to cfo and on a flight here to Toronto before the end of the month. Most definitely must have her here before the July 1st. :)
Ha...you have a Canada Party to get to maybe? :eek:) We'll hit the one in Ottawa...at least spend a few hours there downtown....then something smaller and more low key..its kind of lousy that its on a Tuesday this year..NO LONG WEEKEND :eek:(....if ECAS is showing DM...better get her to phone DHL...has she done the Seminar yet for CFO?? If not it might be tight getting it done before July 1..

ikon0523

May 23, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
01-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
03-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
28-01-2014
Have a bit of a proble hoping anyone can answer it:

A friend of mine from Canada has an ongoing spousal sponsorship but decided to have a baby with his wife in the Philippines who is currently in Manila.

The baby was born in the Philippines while the spousal sponsorhip was being processed:

Question:

is the baby Canadian (since my friend is Canadian)?
How do they proceed with reporting the birth of the baby to the Canadian Embassy?
How can they add the birth to the baby with the Spousal Application?
What are the forms needed for the baby to be included in the Application?
IS there a fee to be made if the baby is included in the spousal application?

I know you guys here are awesome so any help would be greatly appreciated.

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
JGM613 said:
Ha...you have a Canada Party to get to maybe? :eek:) We'll hit the one in Ottawa...at least spend a few hours there downtown....then something smaller and more low key..its kind of lousy that its on a Tuesday this year..NO LONG WEEKEND :eek:(....if ECAS is showing DM...better get her to phone DHL...has she done the Seminar yet for CFO?? If not it might be tight getting it done before July 1..
Yes my wife will be here just before Canada Day. Not only can we celebrate Canada's birth as a nation, but my mothers birthday is on Canada Day as well. Lucky for me though I'll be off work for two weeks so I get an extra, extra, extra long weekend lol. My wife did her seminar at CFO last July so all she needs to do once she gets her passport returned to her is to go to the office and get her sticker or stamp.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
MarkandElvie said:
My wife's said the same thing. Only contact you will get from CEM is when DHL package arrives with VISA.
Have the wife call DHL ask if they have a package for her. If I remember right your wife is in Makati, if so will be short wait for VISA.
Maybe we will both be there at the same time.LOL
I will be arriving in Makati June 18 staying till June 24.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
ikon0523 said:
Have a bit of a proble hoping anyone can answer it:

A friend of mine from Canada has an ongoing spousal sponsorship but decided to have a baby with his wife in the Philippines who is currently in Manila.

The baby was born in the Philippines while the spousal sponsorhip was being processed:

Question:

is the baby Canadian (since my friend is Canadian)?
How do they proceed with reporting the birth of the baby to the Canadian Embassy?
How can they add the birth to the baby with the Spousal Application?
What are the forms needed for the baby to be included in the Application?
IS there a fee to be made if the baby is included in the spousal application?

I know you guys here are awesome so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here goes:
1) Yes, the baby is Canadian, they apply for 'Proof of Citizenship' at the Canadian Embassy abroad.
2) They DO NOT add the birth of the baby to the 'application for sponsorship' (the baby is not being sponsored).
3) N/A (see answer to #2).
4) Also N/A

Many here have done this, they will jump in I'm sure with more concrete details.

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Step said:
My wife's said the same thing. Only contact you will get from CEM is when DHL package arrives with VISA.
Have the wife call DHL ask if they have a package for her. If I remember right your wife is in Makati, if so will be short wait for VISA.
Maybe we will both be there at the same time.LOL
I will be arriving in Makati June 18 staying till June 24.
Yes, shes just up the street from the embassy, so close she can walk there. So I'll tell her to contact DHL to see if there is a package for her from CEM. After she gets her visa she's going to be heading back to her family home in Pampanga to spend a little bit of time with her family before coming here. We're eyeing around June 25th for her coming here.

ericibebe

Jun 13, 2014
Hi guys,
I have a question.
My husband and I have PR card already ,and we born our baby girl in Japan. 2014 Feb.I send all documents of our daughter's sponsorship in Vancouver.I just got a e-mail form cic said our sponsor is approved on 2nd. June 2014 and send to Manila office already .(thanks God!)

I just want to know the case for a baby is as long as for spouse ???How long do I need to wait?

It's really suffering to be apart with my baby girl.too much tears.