+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
JGM613 said:
Step....we discovered from our "wrap up" notes...ordered after Landing..that in fact by the time ECAS showed Decision Made...the COPR and Visa had already been shipped..so...there's a possibility that your's is already on its way..
From reading here...when DM is seen on ECAS...some PH partners would start calling DHL to inquire if they had a package for them..I think your partner is in another country...for what its worth maybe she could try calling them?
Thanks JGM613, I'll "sick" the wife on DHL. She's like a pit bull now, Grrr where's the VISA . LOL

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
JGM613 said:
Oh....she's in PH then? Did you know CFO has locations at the airport in Manila...Terminals One and Two..she can get the sticker there...on her way out of the country right..She just needs to contact them...they'll get her outbound flight info and it can be dealt with then...no special trips to Manila or Cebu necessary..
Thanks again, did not know CFO had locations at Terminal 2. Will definitely call them, save a bit of running around Manila.

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
Step said:
Thanks again, did not know CFO had locations at Terminal 2. Will definitely call them, save a bit of running around Manila.
They do..when you get your flight details call them to register your/her outbound flight info...Mrs JGM gave them a couple weeks notice and they gave her contact numbers..allow a few hours before your flight..Mrs JGM called them as she was arriving from outside of Manila...I think they pull staff from Terminal One location to deal with the PAL flights out of T2 cause the guy that showed up was NOT fast getting there..Ill ask her if she still has the contact numbers available..

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
Step said:
Thanks JGM613, I'll "sick" the wife on DHL. She's like a pit bull now, Grrr where's the VISA . LOL
Haaa!!! Good that she'll be able to get here to enjoy some Summer weather!

gt_65

Dec 17, 2013
JGM613 said:
"I might have to have my wife get another medical done even though we already sent our's in? ($300 cost)"

Some applicants are granted "extensions" to the validity of the meds...don't ask what the criteria is..sorry there's no real rhyme or reason why..its up to the discretion of the VO that has your file. Hopefully you wont face that scenario..and your app will be completed without problems.

We narrowly missed having a re med done...I started making inquiries about two months before the anniversary and luckily we got the Visa with about three weeks to spare...we found out that the medical info was "misplaced" and wasnt easily available to the VO that had our file...so..our file ended up back in the Registry to collect dust...and if I hadn't started writing it might still be there. I wrote to CEM and made a Specific Case Inquiry relating to expiring meds and when I didn't get ANY response from CEM I started writing...first MY MP...who turned out to be useless... a second MP who declined my request for help...I wrote the "Shadow" Minister for Citizenship and Immigration who didn't even bother to respond...and finally a fourth MP from a Riding that I lived in for eons previous to living at my current address..the FOURTH MP was a charm and they accepted my request for help...within two weeks we had our Visa and it was then we learned about the "missing" medical information that was there all along.

If they're asking for docs to be submitted a second time...I'd suggest that in some cases for sure its because they've gone AWOL and got separated from the original submission. The exception to this is the Appendix A that they almost always ask to be submitted when they make a passport request.

If you're wondering about dates for PPR from Japanese applicants it's probably the date that CEM has requested the Appendix A.
Thanks! THis is great info! Did you email your MP straight to the MP address? Or did you call?

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
gt_65 said:
Thanks! THis is great info! Did you email your MP straight to the MP address? Or did you call?
I initially wrote to CEM asking what they're game plan was in the event my wife's visa wasn't processed before her meds expired..when they ignored the correspondence...as I suspected they would..I wrote my MP...gave them background details on the file and why I was writing.

Here...this is the first correspondence with my MP...useless so and so! Ohh...and I think I used the email address @parliament.ca ...whatever it was its the address that goes to they're House of Commons address and not they're constituency office.

Dear Mr. XXX

I am writing to you regarding the immigration of my wife to Canada and the issues I have encountered with the Canadian Embassy in Manila, Philippines.

I am a resident of XXX and my family has connections to XXX County since the late 1700's. Long story short I met my wife while traveling in Asia a few years ago and we married in January of 2013. Her name is XXX

We made application for my wife XXX Permanent Residency on April 19, 2013. The application was submitted in a complete manner, payment of all fees was submitted before the application was submitted, there was nothing missing from the application.

At present she has attempted to correspond with them on two occasions and we/she has received no reply, not even an acknowledgement of our/her concerns.

To compound the sad ironies of this particular process the Canadian Government issued her a Temporary Resident Visa, previous to our marriage and she visited here to meet family and friends in the XXX area in the Fall of 2012. She returned to her job in the Philippines after a months visit.

We've now waited for almost ten months for her Permanent Resident Visa to be processed.

My Sponsorship was approved in mid May of 2013.

Until the end of October we heard nothing when there was then a request from CEM (Canadian Embassy Manila) for her to submit her passport, we were in the final stages of the process we thought!

Since the end of October we have heard NOTHING from them, they've had my wife's passport for now almost four months, effectively preventing her from any International travel.

I'll point out here that at the time of our application, the time line for processing was and still is fourteen months.

The application process requires that a completed medical be already completed and submitted at the time of the submission. The medical results are however good for twelve months and if the application isn't approved by the twelve month period I know that some medicals are extended and for some reason some are required to re-do the medical exam.

In any event there is a cost for the initial medical exam and where a re-med is required it obviously involves additional cost and more importantly added time to the process.

Another requirement of the application process is a security clearance from the Philippine Government regarding any potential criminality. This clearance is also only good for one year. This is issued by the Philippine National Bureau of Investigation; they are commonly referred to as the NBI.
Having another NBI Clearance also requires additional cost and again more lost time.

At this point in the process we are running into a situation where the anniversary date of her medical is quickly approaching and in addition to that her clearance from the NBI is also expiring.

I have discovered that there are many inconsistencies and some major process issues relating to the Canadian Embassy Manila and I will address those in the near future. I will not be happy if I am forced to pay more expenses for my wife's application than others have payed for theirs.

On two occasions we have requested a clarification from CEM as to what they're plan is for my wife if the medicals expire before her application is processed. As I indicated earlier neither request for advice has even been acknowledged.

I am writing to you,please, for aid in establishing from CEM what they're plan is for her, I need to know from them if they will extend my wife's medical results in the event that the application process exceeds the anniversary date of her medicals.

As I've indicated earlier additional costs must be incurred if the medical is needed to happen again and that's simply not a policy that is equitable across the board.

This is quickly becoming urgent as the expiry of her medicals and NBI clearance is coming nearer, mid March approximately.

I need you to act on my behalf to inquire from the Canadian Embassy Manila what they're plan is regarding her expiring medicals and NBI clearance. She is anxious to provide you with any type of authorization that you need to access her file and as you might imagine we are both excited to be so close to the end of this horrendous ordeal.

Both Buena and I could not be happier if we could be reunited again on a permanent basis and be able to continue our lives together in Canada.

My wife's Immigration file number is XXX and her UCI number is XXX.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible; e-mail is my preferred choice of communication for the time being and this address XXX.com as well as XXX @ sympatico.ca are my addresses of choice.

Best regards, and thank you,

XX

XXX

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
Wife got a call from DHL a few hours ago, pick up package in Lipa, Batangas. (Closest DHL outlet I guess)
Bring ID and 995 pesos we have a package for you.
VISA IN HAND Issued June 4,2014. Validity July 13,2014.
Now to book flights and hotel for the quick trip.
To those still waiting, yours will come no doubt.

DJC_06

Oct 30, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Med's Done....
Received.
Congratulations!!! That's fabulous news.

trewmenn

Champion Member
May 23, 2012
pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
04-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
16-June-2014: In Process July 10, 2014-submit passport and docs July 15, 2014 by SG beronia
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2015 DM-04-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
4-Sept-2014 Going to Calgary
Step said:
Wife got a call from DHL a few hours ago, pick up package in Lipa, Batangas. (Closest DHL outlet I guess)
here you go step... waiting is over... 995??? did you send then a box of documents?? just kidding

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Step said:
Thats awesome news Step! Congratulations to you and your wife. When they say validity is July 13th, does that mean she wont' be coming until mid July? Anyways my friend, congrats to the both of you, i know its been a long wait and finally its over.

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
Step said:
Good for you guys Step! Congrats! Nice for the two of you to get on with your lives!

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
MarkandElvie said:
Thats awesome news Step! Congratulations to you and your wife. When they say validity is July 13th, does that mean she wont' be coming until mid July? Anyways my friend, congrats to the both of you, i know its been a long wait and finally its over.
Validity date is the expiry date of the COPR...Visa holder must Land before that date..or the Visa is forfeited!

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
JGM613 said:
Validity date is the expiry date of the COPR...Visa holder must Land before that date..or the Visa is forfeited!
Thats good to know JGM613, thanks! Ours has been inprocess since june 3rd, nothing heard yet, still waiting and the wife is getting impatient with this last bit of waiting. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
DJC_06 said:
Congratulations!!! That's fabulous news.
Thanks, yours will come.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
JGM613 said:
VISA Officer called me on May 29,2014. Asked me 3 times if my wife could land by July 13,2014.LOL I had same answer every time. YES