+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
MarkandElvie said:
Yes, that's what I found out too Step, there was so much information and details that I just knew that if I were to go it alone I'd find a way to miss something so my paralegal put together the package and very diligently went through it over and over, left no stone unturned then once the paralegal had reviewed it, an immigration lawyer reviewed it and then and only then did they release the documents to CIC. Good Luck Step, hopefully all goes well for us.
Good Luck to you too, keep me posted.

Step

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
My advice is not to send chat logs unless they are asked for. They are lengthy and VO's have an obligation to review everything you send. So if you send them 500 pages of chat logs then they have to read 500 pages of chat logs. They are also costly to post.

The CIC website indicates exactly what kind of documentation they require. Go for quality over quantity. Our entire application consisted of a dozen pics, receipts of travel with our names on them, marriage certificate and supporting documents/photo copies. I think it was 15 pages in total. Focus on what they are asking to be verified.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
***URGENT***

I have very important question and I hope someone can give me an answer. I sent my wife's sponsorship application to Mississauga early this January but I didn't include important correspondence which my wife and I had through Viber because at the time I did not know there was a way to print those out. But last night I found a way to print them out. So once I get a UCI number, how do I go about using that number to send all this correspondence? My concern is that once they send the AOR and give me UCI, my application may no longer be at the Case Processing Center in Mississauga. It may already be on the way to Manila.

If you have gone through situation where you forgot to include important document to your sponsorship application, please let me know how you resolved that problem.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
O_guy said:
***URGENT***

I have very important question and I hope someone can give me an answer. I sent my wife's sponsorship application to Mississauga early this January but I didn't include important correspondence which my wife and I had through Viber because at the time I did not know there was a way to print those out. But last night I found a way to print them out. So once I get a UCI number, how do I go about using that number to send all this correspondence? My concern is that once they send the AOR and give me UCI, my application may no longer be at the Case Processing Center in Mississauga. It may already be on the way to Manila.

If you have gone through situation where you forgot to include important document to your sponsorship application, please let me know how you resolved that problem.
I think CanadianJeepGuy has a point, don't send too many chat logs. If Manila requires more evidence they will contact you. Send then.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
O_guy said:
***URGENT***

Mississauga will only process your sponsorship eligibility. Manila will process your spouse to see if they meet the requirements and you have enough supporting documents to prove that you are not involved in a MOC (marriage of convenience). If you are married the chat logs are not so important. They are more important for common law and conjugal.

seoulcanada

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
O_guy said:
***URGENT***

Hey, no need to worry about getting it to them urgently! I was in the same boat, got our professional wedding pictures and want to send them in. I got advice in the Korean thread that suggested I wait until my package has actually arrived in Manilla, THEN send in the additional information with all the matching information. Then in Manilla they can put them together. If you send it to Mississauga, it might get lost in the shuffle.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seoulcanada said:
Hey, no need to worry about getting it to them urgently! I was in the same boat, got our professional wedding pictures and want to send them in. I got advice in the Korean thread that suggested I wait until my package has actually arrived in Manilla, THEN send in the additional information with all the matching information. Then in Manilla they can put them together. If you send it to Mississauga, it might get lost in the shuffle.
I very much appreciate your advice. It makes perfect sense.

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
I don't know about all of you, but it's suppose to burrrrrr cold here in the Toronto area this week. I told my wife that she should enjoy the weather she's getting in the Philippines right now, coz once she gets here its going to be quite the shock.

ikon0523

May 23, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
01-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
03-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
28-01-2014
O_guy said:
I very much appreciate your advice. It makes perfect sense.
SEOUL Guy- in my experience (this has worked for my wife and I). I submitted Viber chat logs that are worth one week of conversations- divided them up by month and put title pages on them..(you dont need to submit so much to CIC-- they are looking for consistency in your communication not quantity

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ikon0523 said:
SEOUL Guy- in my experience (this has worked for my wife and I). I submitted Viber chat logs that are worth one week of conversations- divided them up by month and put title pages on them..(you dont need to submit so much to CIC-- they are looking for consistency in your communication not quantity
Ikon, I tried to understand what you mean but I failed. "one week of communications devided them up by month" has confused me. Please explain this to me. This would be great help because I feel overwhelmed because my wife and I have more than thousands of pages of viber communications but clearly I cannot kill that many trees by printing out thousands of pages. So I have been trying to figure out how I can send about 100 pages and still show that we have communicated consistently.

I'm looking forward to your response and explanation.

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013 (Expires 24-02-2014)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-09-2013<br />DM: 23-01-2014<br />COPR expires: 20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 24-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
I am looking for someone to take over as the keeper of the CEM spreadsheet. What does this entail?

1. Checking the spreadsheet periodically for any errors or correcting it (colors).
2. Checking the email for anyone that sent their timeline by email and add them to the spreadsheet (You will get password and ID for the email CEMSpreadsheet@gmail.com)
3. Hopefully you speak English and Tagalog - so that you can browse the forums (But not necessary as I only speak English)

Hopefully, you have some computer experience or have worked with spreadsheets. My wife will hopefully be getting her visa soon so I may not be able to maintain it for much longer.

If you are interested, you can PM me or send an email to CEMSpreadsheet@gmail.com.

Thanks.

gettingcrazy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
ikon0523 said:
How did you get your viber logs?

NewbieMay

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2013
AOR Received.
02/05/2013
File Transfer...
02/06/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013
Passport Req..
05/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
01/12/2013
LANDED..........
07/02/2014
question guys, i will be landing in toronto this feb from the philippines as a spousal sponsored immigrant where do i need to do my initial landing, is it in vancouver or i can do it diretcly in toronto?

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
NewbieMay said:
question guys, i will be landing in toronto this feb from the philippines as a spousal sponsored immigrant where do i need to do my initial landing, is it in vancouver or i can do it diretcly in toronto?
Vancouver is just an hour and a half lay over, thats all. After that you got another 4.5hr flight to Toronto and thats where you'll complete your process once you land. Of course if you fly PAL, they go from Manila to Vancouver, then onto Toronto from there.

NewbieMay

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2013
AOR Received.
02/05/2013
File Transfer...
02/06/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013
Passport Req..
05/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
01/12/2013
LANDED..........
07/02/2014
MarkandElvie said:
Vancouver is just an hour and a half lay over, thats all. After that you got another 4.5hr flight to Toronto and thats where you'll complete your process once you land. Of course if you fly PAL, they go from Manila to Vancouver, then onto Toronto from there.
my plane will land from manila-HK-To pearson airport. i was just worried coz i already have a ticket with MNL-HK-TO itinerary but then a friend of mine was adviced by the Seminar officer that first time landed immigrant should do it in vancouver, was just worried if i need to re route my trip and land in Vancouver first, but if i can do it in TO the i think i dont have a problem :)