+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
DaveSav said:
They've always been a little all over the place, some people get lucky and get it early, others have to wait a ridiculous amount of time. Sometimes it could be paperwork, clearances, etc causing problems but mostly it seems like they are inept at implementing a proper system that would clear the people waiting longer first. Keep in mind this forum is a very small sampling of the people that actually go through the process.

Not you, but I've heard a few people say they must have something out for mixed race couples but I think the way to look at that is: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
Thanks Dave, I sponsored my wife on August 8th. I know I'm not expecting anything too quickly but I'm just getting feel and read on what the situation is with other people who have gone before me. As you can expect my wife is waiting anxiously back in the Philippines to come join me here in Canada. Hopefully things will go good for us as I wish for that for everyone else who is going through this process.

DeskJockey88

Jan 16, 2014
Hello everyone. So I took CanadianJeepGuys advice, wrote up a letter, called the local MP Bernard Trottier's office, and sent the letter by email and CC'd the Immigration Minister and newsroom @ globeandmail.com

The MP's Office calls me and says because I have forwarded to the Immigration Minister, they will not do anything as the Minister's Office is more equipped to handle the situation! The MP's office gets back to me 24 hours later, and says they will leave it to the Minister's Office which takes 8 to 30 business days to respond? What can I do now??

Here is my timeline:
October 10, 2012: Application to sponsor received by CIC
January 21, 2013: Confirmation that eligibility as sponsor has been met
January 29, 2013: Application received by Manila's Visa Office
June 25, 2013: Request for additional documents (including Marriage Certificate 2nd time and RPRF)
October 01, 2013: Request for further information
November 08, 2013: Online update – We have started processing your application
November 12, 2013: Request for further information

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
wella13 said:
so sad right now :( :( :(.. I dont know if I can still get some sllep. I just received a call from a friend in China. I am still unlucky for the second time around. I still got the same answer. :mad:. THEY CANT GIVE ME THAT POLICE CLEARANCE dont know what step should I take next. I am so depressed.. Guys help me what to write in CEM... I am so helplessssss...
Hello Wella, ikon has it right. Wife needed police clearance for Abu Dhabi, had friend try to obtain in country. Police told her no way, ended up going to UAE embassy in Manila to obtain.Check with Chinese Embassy, I believe it's located in Makati. They will tell you how to obtain clearance.

Good Luck , Step.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
MarkandElvie said:
What I don't understand is that here on this thread for english only, so many people have such long, long waiting times, yet on other threads for people who are going through the process from april, may and even June are already getting their passport requests and others even their visa's and this has nothing to do with yolanda victims.
But we don't know others circumstances, maybe the faster processed applications. They have been married for years. I knew my wife for a year before we were married last January. My case will be heavily scrutinized by Immigration, hence longer processing time.
You have August application?

Best of Luck, Step

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Step said:
But we don't know others circumstances, maybe the faster processed applications. They have been married for years. I knew my wife for a year before we were married last January. My case will be heavily scrutinized by Immigration, hence longer processing time.

Best of Luck, Step
Yes Step, my AOR was August 8th. Don't know how long this is going to take, haven't heard a thing since I was approved to sponsor my wife. We were married in August, also known each other for a year but as you said, I'm sure our marriage will be heavily scrutnized by immigration. All I can do is sit, wait, pray, learn more patience and hope I hear something sooner rather than later.

ikon0523

May 23, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
01-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
03-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
28-01-2014
Step said:

Best of Luck, Step
Not Necessarily, Step I knew my wife for only a year and then I married her..I think it has to do with so many things, mostly proof, income, credibility as a couple--My application was 7 months, i expected 14 months but got faster processing-

ikon0523

May 23, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
01-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
03-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
28-01-2014
MarkandElvie said:
Yes Step, my AOR was August 8th. Don't know how long this is going to take, haven't heard a thing since I was approved to sponsor my wife. We were married in August, also known each other for a year but as you said, I'm sure our marriage will be heavily scrutnized by immigration. All I can do is sit, wait, pray, learn more patience and hope I hear something sooner rather than later.
The more proof you have, the better chances of you not being scrutinized---I submitted so many pictures to CEM, and our viber communication logs were soo thick , I wrote a lengthy essay as to why we are meant to be, and so did she, All of her papers from the government where RED RIBBON-ED to make sure they don't question the authenticity of the documents..

I always thought that, we will be scrutinized but it didn't happen like that, It really all depends on proof, consistency and what you can show to CEM..

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
MarkandElvie said:
I had a very quick courtship and then marriage with my wife, quicker than yours. Lots of evidence when i submitted our app, as well as a follow up trip and then I sent additional evidence, pics, chat logs, western union receipts etc. We got approved faster than i was expecting with no interview required.

It sucks waiting, but from the time you receive the AOR you won't hear anything for awhile. Once you do hear back it should be fairly quick after that.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
MarkandElvie said:
MarkandElvie, ours was AOR August 28. Same as you since AOR nothing. But what I've read on forums is nothing out of the oridinary.VO Manila hardly ever responds or updates e-CAS.except to request additional info, if needed.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
ikon0523 said:
The more proof you have, the better chances of you not being scrutinized---I submitted so many pictures to CEM, and our viber communication logs were soo thick , I wrote a lengthy essay as to why we are meant to be, and so did she, All of her papers from the government where RED RIBBON-ED to make sure they don't question the authenticity of the documents..

I always thought that, we will be scrutinized but it didn't happen like that, It really all depends on proof, consistency and what you can show to CEM..
Yes, ikon. Did everything by the book, all her papers have red ribbon. Sent 60 pages of chat logs, WU receipts, numerous pictures, including wedding pics.Airline receipts from multiple trips I took to see her.police clearance in the works, should receive in Feb. or March.

Thank, Step

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
DaveSav said:
I had a very quick courtship and then marriage with my wife, quicker than yours. Lots of evidence when i submitted our app, as well as a follow up trip and then I sent additional evidence, pics, chat logs, western union receipts etc. We got approved faster than i was expecting with no interview required.

It sucks waiting, but from the time you receive the AOR you won't hear anything for awhile. Once you do hear back it should be fairly quick after that.
Thanks DaveSav. Yes I sent all info I could just like you.everything that had anything to do with our marriage was included.to show relationship. I also sent in life insurance policy with opposing spouse as beneficiary.

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Thanks everybody for sharing your experiences. I have proof, proof and more proof. Pictures from trips, boarding passes, wedding photo's, honeymoon photos, chat logs, Skype, yahoo, you name it as well as a well written essay from both my wife and I. I went the xtra mile and had an immigration paralegal assist me in putting together everything because I do know myself all too well, I know I would have found a way to screw up the documentation so my paralegal worked and put together a very well laid out and detailed package. Wish my luck as I do for all of you!

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
MarkandElvie said:
Thanks everybody for sharing your experiences. I have proof, proof and more proof. Pictures from trips, boarding passes, wedding photo's, honeymoon photos, chat logs, Skype, yahoo, you name it as well as a well written essay from both my wife and I. I went the xtra mile and had an immigration paralegal assist me in putting together everything because I do know myself all too well, I know I would have found a way to screw up the documentation so my paralegal worked and put together a very well laid out and detailed package. Wish my luck as I do for all of you!
Me also, used a local Immigration Consultant to make sure no costly delays due to missing docs. Did not trust myself to get it all together properly. Took longer to gather info than I thought originally, but they were very diligent in putting application together.I have no worries about the strength of case.

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Step said:
Me also, used a local Immigration Consultant to make sure no costly delays due to missing docs. Did not trust myself to get it all together properly. Took longer to gather info than I thought originally, but they were very diligent in putting application together.I have no worries about the strength of case.
Yes, that's what I found out too Step, there was so much information and details that I just knew that if I were to go it alone I'd find a way to miss something so my paralegal put together the package and very diligently went through it over and over, left no stone unturned then once the paralegal had reviewed it, an immigration lawyer reviewed it and then and only then did they release the documents to CIC. Good Luck Step, hopefully all goes well for us.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
O_guy said:
You mentioned "Viber communication logs". Can you please tell me how to print those out?
Mine were all Facebook chats, have to request download from Facebook. They will send to you.

Hope this helps , Step