+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
I was really hoping to get her here the last week of august ,,,still with the summer sun,,,,garden in full bloom,,,,before that slight chill comes in the first week of September,,,which we already got,,,,now all the plants and leaves are in the downward mode,,,,,just trying to save my small garden until she gets here

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
marcjd said:
lol how i wish it was 0 here !! .. still 26 + for a day high here !! 8 for the lowest .. hahaha that info was so bad ... but i wish it was already like that .. im too tired of these hot days ..
I had frost on my windshield Friday morning,,,i even lit my wood furnace on the weekend,,,,i quess it will be at full blast after the 25th,,,ill put some wood in tomorrow so it will be dry for her,,,ill be spending a lot of time outside because im sure my house will be to hot for me,,,,,i would hate to see my house at 20 degrees and her wrapped in a blanket,,,,i know it will be close to 30 degrees in my house all winter,,,,i usually burn 5 cord but ive got 9 cord for this winter plus the electric baseboard for backup

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
then again if my house was at 15 degrees maybe I could be wrapped in the blanket with her

Pauluz

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
25 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
10 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11 Jul 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Oct 2013 (DM Status)
LANDED..........
Before Christmas
Tagum-N.B. said:
then again if my house was at 15 degrees maybe I could be wrapped in the blanket with her
Lol you might wanna warm it up a bit when she's there. Yeah Aug wud have been a perfect time for our wives to move here. At least there's still plenty of warm days for sightseeing, etc

Pauluz

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
25 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
10 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11 Jul 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Oct 2013 (DM Status)
LANDED..........
Before Christmas
marcjd said:
lol how i wish it was 0 here !! .. still 26 + for a day high here !! 8 for the lowest .. hahaha that info was so bad ... but i wish it was already like that .. im too tired of these hot days ..
Lucky bugger.. Its getting cool here in Ottawa. Its been gloomy and wet the past few days.

marcjd

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2 2013
AOR Received.
jan 24 2013
File Transfer...
jan 24 2013 (cem received feb 5)
Med's Done....
oct 27 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
july 4 2013 (sent July 8 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
sept 9 2013
LANDED..........
oct 24 2013
i really liked the winter here .. even if it goes -40 and normal day high like -10 .. i hate summer time especially bug season ..

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
marcjd said:
i really liked the winter here .. even if it goes -40 and normal day high like -10 .. i hate summer time especially bug season ..
oh just wait to the black flies bite my wife next year she will swell up and look like she has the measles,,,,i found I was finally immune to the bugs in the phils after the 9th trip,,,,but b4 that oh my they gave me quite a welt

Irisgirl

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
So i emailed cem last night asking for an urgent request to send the pp/visa/copr this week since we are booked next week... A few minutes ago i received a very important phone call fromMr DHL telling me that the package is here in baguio told them i will pick it up today but the weird thing is they dont want to release it to me, the mother... They said it is only my daughter who can recieve it! Told them she is just two!! They told me they have to call cem to authorize me, the mother of a minor, to recieve it. So i have to wait until tomorrow. But im still happy that its already here....

callasandra

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Irisgirl said:
So i emailed cem last night asking for an urgent request to send the pp/visa/copr this week since we are booked next week... A few minutes ago i received a very important phone call fromMr DHL telling me that the package is here in baguio told them i will pick it up today but the weird thing is they dont want to release it to me, the mother... They said it is only my daughter who can recieve it! Told them she is just two!! They told me they have to call cem to authorize me, the mother of a minor, to recieve it. So i have to wait until tomorrow. But im still happy that its already here....
that's great news! congratulations! let's hope cem responds right away regarding that :]

thekindofguy

Star Member
Jun 14, 2010
Steph C said:
Job offer is very helpful.. you would be wise to plan your move already, such as the plane ticket, and you also need to show plans of where you intend to live - such as a letter from a family member that you will stay with them temporarily until you find a place, or evidence of a search for houses. A rented place, job offer and plane ticket would be ideal. Since you already got your PPR, December would seem reasonable.
Thanks for the reply stephc

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
marcjd said:
i think scos should open up that list to public access .. he's been dormant since his spouse came should pass the crown down to iay or someone to do the updates .. i knew this aint gonna be priority for him but he started it might as well let it continue to work and not just let it die ..
It hasn't been "dormant". I have been updating it when people send me updates or I notice a change of status in a thread I happen to be reading. I am not actively scanning all the Manila threads anymore (I am too busy to do that these days). So if people don't send updates then none are posted. The message I added in the sheet is pretty clear.

I would like to find someone to take over hosting it though. I will not open it for public access again as I don't want any hacking of other sites done from *my* account as someone tried to do before. It is a simple matter to copy the sheet to another account, and I will help whoever wants it with making sure it is functional after the move.

But if no one wants to manage it and people don't send updates, then yeah, it will lose relevance pretty quickly.

goldenkagi

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
None- Stage 1 Approval 18 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
26 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
18 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26 Oct 2013 Rec'd 07 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
22 Nov 2013
Irisgirl said:
Wow that's great news Iris! Although it's so weird that DHL won't let you receive it. Hope CEM and DHL call you back up soon.

marcjd

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2 2013
AOR Received.
jan 24 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
oct 27 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept 9 2013
LANDED..........
oct 24 2013
hahah thats funny .. iris .. didnt you try to go there and bring your kid ?? also bring birthcertificate and your valid id .. slap it in their face .. and ask them let your kid scribble on their list as her signiture... that should work just fine .. or tell them to deliver it now at the address and youd just pay extra if they want .. pathetic .. you could have gone to manila already tom if they'd give it to you today .. so how did the plane ticket go ?? is it good now ?? did you manage to get the same flight without overstaying in manila ??
the birthcertificate should count as a valid id for the kid since she's a minor .. and minors dont really have any valid id .. and also that would prove that you are the mother so they should hand it over to you .. if not go to the manager and talk to them ..

marcjd

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2 2013
AOR Received.
jan 24 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
oct 27 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept 9 2013
LANDED..........
oct 24 2013
my wife went to LTO east ave today to get her drivers abstract in english .. so they asked her to fill up a request form i think .. and paid 100 peso .. after that they sent her to a person who they said was working for dfa and would process the red ribbon for it whom is also at LTO east ave .. that person asked my wife to pay 1600 and he'll process my wife's red ribbon and sent it to the house .. so being not sure to pay that amount of money my wife calls me about it to make sure .. so i've asked my wife to try having a receipt for the fee that the guy was asking and he said he cant produce any .. i do think he was a fixer on that area that runs errands for those corrupt people on that office .. anyway if any people runs into like that .. i do believe its better to just process your own papers and just go to dfa personally for the red ribbon .. since there was no assurance that the guy there was gonna do what he said .. and if he screws up we cant prove that he was involved on any of it ..

especially if you are on a time tight schedule .. a screw up could make you do the process from the start again and not have enough time to redo it ..

Irisgirl

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
marcjd said:
hahah thats funny .. iris .. didnt you try to go there and bring your kid ?? also bring birthcertificate and your valid id .. slap it in their face .. and ask them let your kid scribble on their list as her signiture... that should work just fine .. or tell them to deliver it now at the address and youd just pay extra if they want .. pathetic .. you could have gone to manila already tom if they'd give it to you today .. so how did the plane ticket go ?? is it good now ?? did you manage to get the same flight without overstaying in manila ??
the birthcertificate should count as a valid id for the kid since she's a minor .. and minors dont really have any valid id .. and also that would prove that you are the mother so they should hand it over to you .. if not go to the manager and talk to them ..

Exactly my point marcjd!! I told them i would bring all necessary papers to prove im the mother!! Its so weird really! Its actually common sense right!?! If they dont give it to me tomorrow i would go have a good common sense talk with the manager!..... Anyway, booked sept 22 and will land sept 22 just the same. Just enough time to go finish things up here and go manila by the 17th to finish with the cfo. And 3 days ahead of my sept 25th due date. Our flight is confirmed already plus the hubby is off for 3 days so we can spend real quality family time.