+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Hi Guys. My case has been processed by London Visa office. Recently I received PPR from LVO and was instructed to send my passport to Manilla Office as I am currently living in Seoul, South Korea. My ecas status changed to decision made on 2 June. Now my question is how long will Manila office take to stamp my passport considering that decision has already been made and passport was required for Visa stamping and issuance of COPR. In the letter from Manila office, it was mentioned that they will try their best to return the PP within 90 working days. Will they take that long?

Thanks in advance.

kmodxb

Dec 1, 2014
A quick update, as it seems several people are in a similar situation.

We emailed the manila VO and received a response indicating that we can indeed get the visa issued from our nearby embassy instead of sending the passport to manila. They even gave us a new PPR letter tailored for that specific embassy (with a turnaround time indicated as approximately 10 days from Passport submission to visa receipt). So we will be going that route and hopefully will have visa in-hand soon.

The response from manila VO also indicated that there is a faster turnaround possible from manila if you are going there in-person and have travel constraints (e.g. if we would be going there on vacation for a limited time). Apparently even a same-day service is available, provided visa is already approved and you notify the embassy in advance of your constraints and schedule.

I don't know anything about the expected turn-around time if you would submit the passport internationally; however, I would suggest looking at using VFS to send the passport rather than a courier, as I think it likely they would better manage the return shipment from the embassy. Here in UAE we are forced to use VFS for many of our tourist visa requests to various countries (they act as middle man between us and the consulates that are here in country), and although they can be frustrating for booking appointments and other things, they are have been very reliable with their handling of passports. But that is only my opinion and intuition based on the research I was doing this past week.

Kevin

mamo220614

Jun 1, 2015
Christoph100 said:
Double check your letter, read it a few times to be sure they are not asking for the original passport.

It is not uncommon for the VO to request documents/copies that you have already sent in with the application to Mississauga. Some where along the way sometimes documents get miss placed or Mississauga did not transfer everything to CEM or its also possible documents are being compared, who knows as to why but it certainly happens. It happened to us CEM requested documents that were sent originally with the application to Mississauga. I faxed, emailed and sent copies by courier ...one of the 3 were sure to get to the file lol.

Chris.

hi everyone! i just sent my passport, picture and an appendix A yesterday i realized when i got home that i have put the wrong date (date when i signed appendix A) i have put 05-11-15 when it's supposed to be 06-11-15. is it ok? i'm just so worried that i might cause a delay. please let me know guys! thanks in advance

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
You should be fine. I suspect it would be a problem had you future-dated it, but you have only back-dated it.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17, 2015 CIC Receive: April 22,2015
AOR Received.
May 13,2015 SA: June 12, 2015
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
July 13,2015 PP Receive July 20,2015 (status change to IP Sept. 5, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: January 28,2016
Hey Everyone,

Today I was talking with a friend about my application of sponsoring my wife. They told me I may not get approve to be a sponsor because I haven't been working long enough at my job. I was a recent university graduate and currently have 9 months into the job. Because my wife is only a high school graduate they told me that it can delay because she doesn't have some sort of post secondary thus would be a hindrance for me.

However our plan is that once she is here, she wants to go back to school and obtain a business diploma in management. In our application in the section what she plans to do when she is hear we put to be determine because at that time she wasn't sure if she wanted to pursue school.

My question does the length of the time I'm at my job and the fact that my wife only has a high school graduate will it cause delay in our application?

mrsB

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
Doc's Request.
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON!
LANDED..........
SOONEST POSSIBLE TIME! :D
kyo9000 said:
Hey Everyone,

Today I was talking with a friend about my application of sponsoring my wife. They told me I may not get approve to be a sponsor because I haven't been working long enough at my job. I was a recent university graduate and currently have 9 months into the job. Because my wife is only a high school graduate they told me that it can delay because she doesn't have some sort of post secondary thus would be a hindrance for me.

However our plan is that once she is here, she wants to go back to school and obtain a business diploma in management. In our application in the section what she plans to do when she is hear we put to be determine because at that time she wasn't sure if she wanted to pursue school.

My question does the length of the time I'm at my job and the fact that my wife only has a high school graduate will it cause delay in our application?
Hi! First of all, i'm not a pro. But if you are just looking for opinions, I don't think being 9 months on your job should be a hindrance on your application. For spousa sponsorship, they do not require the sponsor for a specific income. They are just very particular that as long as you are not receiving welfare from the gov't then you should totally be fine. Mind you, i was just also 9 months with my job when i submitted our application and was still approved by the sponsor. I wasn't even able to submit an option C because i haven't filed my tax back then (I am just at my first year here in Canada) But i did submit all my payslips, Employment letter and a letter of explanation why i did not have my Option C yet. With regards to your spouse's educational attainment, I cannot comment on that, But i don't think it will cause delay either as long as you can prove that you can support her when she gets here then you are okay. Have a little confidence on your application brotha!:) BREATHE! YOU SHOULD BE FINE. CLAIM IT! :D positive vibes all the way. And goodluck on your application.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
mrsB said:
Hi! First of all, i'm not a pro. But if you are just looking for opinions, I don't think being 9 months on your job should be a hindrance on your application. For spousa sponsorship, they do not require the sponsor for a specific income. They are just very particular that as long as you are not receiving welfare from the gov't then you should totally be fine. Mind you, i was just also 9 months with my job when i submitted our application and was still approved by the sponsor. I wasn't even able to submit an option C because i haven't filed my tax back then (I am just at my first year here in Canada) But i did submit all my payslips, Employment letter and a letter of explanation why i did not have my Option C yet. With regards to your spouse's educational attainment, I cannot comment on that, But i don't think it will cause delay either as long as you can prove that you can support her when she gets here then you are okay. Have a little confidence on your application brotha!:) BREATHE! YOU SHOULD BE FINE. CLAIM IT! :D positive vibes all the way. And goodluck on your application.
Thank you so much mrsB for the response and the positive vibes. Next week base on CIC processing timeline I should know if I have been giving sponsorship approval. Hehe I did the same thing, I give them all my payslip, letter of acceptance from my work. It is a matter of being patient and playing the waiting game.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
kyo9000 said:
Hey Everyone,

Neither point is valid. They don't know what they're talking about.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
truesmile said:
Neither point is valid. They don't know what they're talking about.
Good, she give me a scared for nothing. It is tough as it is being separated, last thing I want is more delays. Next week should hear from CIC I'm having my finger gross that I will get my SA approval and finally the application will be transfer to Manila.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hey Everyone,

So today I went to check my applications status online. It change to decision been made, when I want in to check the status it says "We sent you correspondence on June 12, 2015 about the decision on your application." I'm not sure if this is good news or not, has any face similar situation and wouldn't mind sharing.

Thank you

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Hi Guys. My case has been processed by London Visa office. Recently I received PPR from LVO and was instructed to send my passport to Manilla Office as I am currently living in Seoul, South Korea. My ecas status changed to decision made on 2 June and received my PPR on 5 june. I sent my passport along with Appendix A to Manila office on 8 June. Now my question is how long will Manila office take to stamp my passport considering that decision has already been made and passport was required for Visa stamping and issuance of COPR. In the letter from Manila office, it was mentioned that they will try their best to return the PP within 90 working days. Will they take that long? It has been 9 days and I haven't heard anything from Manila office.

Thanks in advance.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hey everyone, so I did receive my SA. I got a question for everyone who receive an AOR2 on average how long would you say it takes for the application to be receive and acknowledge?

clarasclass

Jun 18, 2015
I'm a Filipino and I saw this thread so I hope somebody can help me out with my query.

I have an Aunt and an Uncle who lives in Toronto. I want to apply for a Visitor Visa but if in case they would invite me for an interview, what documents should I bring along with me? Should I ask documents from my relatives living in Canada? If so, what kind of documents should I ask from them?

I thought I posted this on one of the discussions here in the forum but when I clicked on the thread, my question was not posted. I hope this one will.

mrsB

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
Doc's Request.
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON!
LANDED..........
SOONEST POSSIBLE TIME! :D
kyo9000 said:
Hey Everyone,

So today I went to check my applications status online. It change to decision been made, when I want in to check the status it says "We sent you correspondence on June 12, 2015 about the decision on your application." I'm not sure if this is good news or not, has any face similar situation and wouldn't mind sharing.

Thank you
Hi kyo! That means your SA letter is on it's way. Expect an email within a week.:) congrats!

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Hi guys and mrsB,

Question,

I already got the Passport Request - Appendix A email
There is also appendix B on the attachment having the Photo Specs but it doesn't include pictures on the reqiurement list below:

· Fully Completed Appendix A
· Original Passport
. Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
· Original NSO Certificate of No Marriages (CENOMAR) for yourself
· Marriage search results for your sponsor from Vital Statistics Canada

Should I send them pictures again like the one we sent (immigration photo) when we sent the application?

Thanks