+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

zamf2015

Sep 5, 2015
QUERY: Proof of Medical Examination .. Previous Countries of Residence

Good day, I was hoping that any of you could help me in completing our application requirements.

My husband is in Canada under a PR visa. Now we (me and our son) will be sending an application under family spousal sponsorship. Here are my questions:

1. Me and my son already went for Upfront medical check, what will I attach on our application as proof of Medical Examination?
PS: I will still go back 6 days from now for my urinalysis because I was on my period when we went for the medical exam, will I need to wait for the results before sending my application forms to my husband in Canada?

2. In form IMM 0008, they are asking if I resided in a country other than Phils for more than 6 months. I stayed in Japan from May to mid-August, September to December, and then April. If I were to count, that would amount to more than 6 months but it was not consecutive. Should I still include it?

Thank you for your help. I am looking to send my application forms this week.

mitchieescarlos

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June.15.2015 // Received: June.18.2015
AOR Received.
August.22.2015 // SA IP: July.31.2015
File Transfer...
August.24.2015 (SA approved) // PR IP: September.2.2015
Med's Done....
April.30.2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
February.23.2016
VISA ISSUED...
March.6.2016
LANDED..........
March.26.2016
zamf2015 said:
QUERY: Proof of Medical Examination .. Previous Countries of Residence

Good day, I was hoping that any of you could help me in completing our application requirements.

My husband is in Canada under a PR visa. Now we (me and our son) will be sending an application under family spousal sponsorship. Here are my questions:

1. Me and my son already went for Upfront medical check, what will I attach on our application as proof of Medical Examination?
PS: I will still go back 6 days from now for my urinalysis because I was on my period when we went for the medical exam, will I need to wait for the results before sending my application forms to my husband in Canada?

2. In form IMM 0008, they are asking if I resided in a country other than Phils for more than 6 months. I stayed in Japan from May to mid-August, September to December, and then April. If I were to count, that would amount to more than 6 months but it was not consecutive. Should I still include it?

Thank you for your help. I am looking to send my application forms this week.
Hi.
After you complete your medical exams the clinic/hospital will give you an Emedical form that you need to send with your application and they will be the one to forward results to CPC/MVO. The clinic clerk from where I had my medical said it takes up to 2 weeks.

However I don't have a sure answer for your 2nd question. God bless. :)

zamf2015

Sep 5, 2015
mitchieescarlos said:
Hi.
After you complete your medical exams the clinic/hospital will give you an Emedical form that you need to send with your application and they will be the one to forward results to CPC/MVO. The clinic clerk from where I had my medical said it takes up to 2 weeks.

However I don't have a sure answer for your 2nd question. God bless. :)
Thanks :) I was told their system was under maintenance that time and that they will send me an information sheet through email when the system is up. I did not understand it when they said that, now I will just have to wait for that.

Follow up question: Will it be okay to submit the application already though I have not yet received all my medical exam results? I was planning to send our application form before the results of my urinalysis will be released since my urinalysis is still scheduled next week and our application forms are now complete (except for the proof of medical exam which I will be receiving on Monday). We were hoping to send our applications asap because my husband's employment proofs were obtained since July and we are afraid it might go outdated if our application package be sent late in September already

buttersmom

Aug 21, 2015
Hi all

I'm a may 2015 applicant and my VO is manila. I have a question about processing time after sending fully completed Appendix A. They don't ask me

anything else and the ECAS changed to IP right after the day i sent Appendix A. It's been only for 3weeks so far :)

I'm wondering is it close to the end ? if anyone has been through this any comments will be very helpful!

many thanks in advance!

mitchieescarlos

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June.15.2015 // Received: June.18.2015
AOR Received.
August.22.2015 // SA IP: July.31.2015
File Transfer...
August.24.2015 (SA approved) // PR IP: September.2.2015
Med's Done....
April.30.2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
February.23.2016
VISA ISSUED...
March.6.2016
LANDED..........
March.26.2016
zamf2015 said:
Thanks :) I was told their system was under maintenance that time and that they will send me an information sheet through email when the system is up. I did not understand it when they said that, now I will just have to wait for that.

Follow up question: Will it be okay to submit the application already though I have not yet received all my medical exam results? I was planning to send our application form before the results of my urinalysis will be released since my urinalysis is still scheduled next week and our application forms are now complete (except for the proof of medical exam which I will be receiving on Monday). We were hoping to send our applications asap because my husband's employment proofs were obtained since July and we are afraid it might go outdated if our application package be sent late in September already
Yes, that's fine. They'll send an you an e-mail requesting for Medicals soon after you get an e-mail stating your husband has been approved as a sponsor. You can send the certification of up front medical then.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17, 2015 CIC Receive: April 22,2015
AOR Received.
May 13,2015 SA: June 12, 2015
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
July 13,2015 PP Receive July 20,2015 (status change to IP Sept. 5, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: January 28,2016
Hey Everyone,

I have a question to those who landed in Canada, did you require to get a certificate of vaccination? My wife been hearing that a certificate of vaccination is required to enter Canada.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just landed few weeks ago. but cic did not ask me to bring any medical docs.
and I have not heard of it .

Correct me If I am wrong.

FYI:
if you call CIC, they would email you a list what you should bring to a boarder or to land at local office.

hannsetch

Apr 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-06-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
July 2015
Hi applicants, I have a question to those who have been asked to submit their passport already. How did cem asked for your pp on your email? Was it specific that you need to submit your passport and not just appendix a? Cause here's mine: (they havent asked for my pp yet)

IMPORTANT:
Additional Document/Information Requirements at This Time

In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documents:
· Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who is not accompanying you to Canada. (Each person should complete his/her own form.)

· Submit proof that you have completed your immigration medical examination from a panel physician.

Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) to our office in Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Please provide a photocopy of your receipt (c$490.00). For more information, your sponsor should consult this link: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.

I submitted all the needed additional documents without my pp. I did it right, right?

neggo

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015, re-meds 06-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
25-08-2015 (appendix A), DM 09-01-2017, PPR received in Ottawa 16-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017 CoPR received
hannsetch said:
Hi applicants, I have a question to those who have been asked to submit their passport already. How did cem asked for your pp on your email? Was it specific that you need to submit your passport and not just appendix a? Cause here's mine: (they havent asked for my pp yet)

IMPORTANT:
Additional Document/Information Requirements at This Time

In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documents:
· Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who is not accompanying you to Canada. (Each person should complete his/her own form.)

· Submit proof that you have completed your immigration medical examination from a panel physician.

Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) to our office in Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Please provide a photocopy of your receipt (c$490.00). For more information, your sponsor should consult this link: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.

I submitted all the needed additional documents without my pp. I did it right, right?
Yes, that should be fine. I believe you are now under "PPR" status, as my wife received the exact same mail, except it asked for her police clearance rather than her medicals.

Passport requests do not always ask for physical passports, as some countries are visa exempt. My wife is Japanese, so all that was requested for in regards to her passport was the completed Appendix A.

hannsetch

Apr 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-06-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
July 2015
neggo said:
Yes, that should be fine. I believe you are now under "PPR" status, as my wife received the exact same mail, except it asked for her police clearance rather than her medicals.

Passport requests do not always ask for physical passports, as some countries are visa exempt. My wife is Japanese, so all that was requested for in regards to her passport was the completed Appendix A.
I see. Thanks for that. Lucky her she doesnt need a visa. Hehe

zamf2015

Sep 5, 2015
RE: PROOF OF COMMUNICATION

Happy New Year!

I received an e-mail from immigration requesting me to send proofs of communication between me and my spouse to documenting the beginning, development and current status of our relationship. My problem is that we used prepaid sim cards before and so I do not have a copy of our text messages. There are also no love letters because, well my husband is sort of not that kind. ;D
Any advice?

sweeteyes12

Oct 4, 2015
zamf2015 said:
RE: PROOF OF COMMUNICATION

Happy New Year!

I received an e-mail from immigration requesting me to send proofs of communication between me and my spouse to documenting the beginning, development and current status of our relationship. My problem is that we used prepaid sim cards before and so I do not have a copy of our text messages. There are also no love letters because, well my husband is sort of not that kind. ;D
Any advice?

Hello so you did not submit any of those when you submitted your application? What about Skype chats, Facebook chats or any other means of communication that you used before I think they will accept it.

ARCHKAIZER

Jan 18, 2016
Hi to All! :)

i just want to know how long does the process take for someone i sponsored to get the visa. say, spouse and dependent child.

just want to know the fastest and the longest processing time.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
The absolute fastest out of Manila I'd say is 8 to 8 and a half months. HOWEVER, that is without a dependent child. The dependent child from what I've seen here causes delays where obtaining the signature of the "other" biological parent is involved.