+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
I added a sheet for average processing times. On it is a breakdown based on the Type and dependents. As you will see it is mostly blank since only completed apps can be counted in the average and very few are categorized so far. The other thing to keep in mind is the - or + has to immediately follow the type. So Married+1 not Married + 1. It adjusts case so as long as spelling and the +/- are in the right spots there should be no problem. And of course no dependents means no + or - added.

Can't wait to see how the data goes...

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
there is a lot of work and effort into those spread sheets, thanks!!! it is greatly appreciated!!!

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
jarry96 said:
This does make sense Scos. I hope you are right.
did you get a cc copy in the email when you got your PPR

jarry96

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
October 3, 2012
File Transfer...
October 4, 2012
Med's Done....
July 4, 2012
Passport Req..
April 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 29, 2013
gortandmugs said:
did you get a cc copy in the email when you got your PPR
We did not get a PPR yet. We did not receive an email either but ECAS was updated today to show that processing started on April 19, 2013.

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
ppr is on the way jarry, so as your visa....

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to note my wife's experience at CFO office in Cebu.

She said that some were turned away because they didn't have proof of their relationship/marriage. Which in my opinion is garbage....because they don't note that as a requirement on the CFO website to attend the seminar. And seeing that it's a service that one pays for, I don't see why anyone couldn't take it, as It's one's own responsibility to ensure they have the correct requirements to leave the country. Plus one of the requirements is to have a ROM copy and original, but they still wanted to see pictures together and such. Luckily she had several on her phone.

Also for those that go to the seminar the day of.....or shortly before their flight, make sure to double check the correct spelling on the certificate, as they mis-spelled my surname twice, and there were others that didn't notice this until afterword's....meaning they will have to return there to get the correction.....I think this would be a great problem when trying to obtain your sticker to board a flight if it was missed.....especially if someone is excited.

Also, there was a lot of relationship and "past" questions during the personal interview segment, that I don't believe is CFO's responsibility to judge, as it's the VO responsibility to gauge genuineness.

They were asking her about my X, where she was from, why we got divorced.....etc...etc...

I thought the seminar was to help introduce cultural differences and to provide information on government programs etc. However, there were segments on the cultural and programs topics.

Anyway....hope everyone finds this useful.

Cheers!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Luckyman said:
Just wanted to note my wife's experience at CFO office in Cebu.

She said that some were turned away because they didn't have proof of their relationship/marriage. Which in my opinion is garbage....because they don't note that as a requirement on the CFO website to attend the seminar. And seeing that it's a service that one pays for, I don't see why anyone couldn't take it, as It's one's own responsibility to ensure they have the correct requirements to leave the country. Plus one of the requirements is to have a ROM copy and original, but they still wanted to see pictures together and such. Luckily she had several on her phone.

Also for those that go to the seminar the day of.....or shortly before their flight, make sure to double check the correct spelling on the certificate, as they mis-spelled my surname twice, and there were others that didn't notice this until afterword's....meaning they will have to return there to get the correction.....I think this would be a great problem when trying to obtain your sticker to board a flight if it was missed.....especially if someone is excited.

Also, there was a lot of relationship and "past" questions during the personal interview segment, that I don't believe is CFO's responsibility to judge, as it's the VO responsibility to gauge genuineness.

They were asking her about my X, where she was from, why we got divorced.....etc...etc...

I thought the seminar was to help introduce cultural differences and to provide information on government programs etc. However, there were segments on the cultural and programs topics.

Anyway....hope everyone finds this useful.

Cheers!
I googled it yesterday and read other people's stories (Americans) that it was apparently quite the interrogation. They especially like to intimidate young ladies who married foreigners and they bring a whole bunch of judgement and religion down on them. It's totally uncalled for. I don't think they have any influence on the Visa, they have nothing to do with CEM at all.

We don't have a ROM.. I wonder what my guy will bring. I'm so worried if he has to do this last minute, I was thinking maybe he could fly to Cebu and get it over with.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree...it's uncalled for!

...I'd totally recommend that you do before....it's such a huge weight of our shoulders now. Mind you, I can't stand uncertainty when booking a flight or planning for that matter.....plus cebu office is every day....Manila is only 2 days a week, and probably muuuuuch busier!

Here is what the website says for attendance:
1.) Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;
2.) Duly completed guidance and counseling form;
3.) If married, original and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad)
4.) Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and
5.) Payment of P400.00 counseling fee.

I guess #4 is whatever they want.....and in my wife's case picture evidence etc. Also note that the GCS seminar is 5 hours….not 3 hours as noted on the schedule.

Nowhere does it state that there is any influence on visa issuance, and I think they're just power tripping!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Luckyman said:
I agree...it's uncalled for!

...I'd totally recommend that you do before....it's such a huge weight of our shoulders now. Mind you, I can't stand uncertainty when booking a flight or planning for that matter.....plus cebu office is every day....Manila is only 2 days a week, and probably muuuuuch busier!

Here is what the website says for attendance:
1.) Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;
2.) Duly completed guidance and counseling form;
3.) If married, original and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad)
4.) Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and
5.) Payment of P400.00 counseling fee.

I guess #4 is whatever they want.....and in my wife's case picture evidence etc. Also note that the GCS seminar is 5 hours....not 3 hours as noted on the schedule.

Nowhere does it state that there is any influence on visa issuance, and I think they're just power tripping!
I read that the counseling is (or was) run by Nuns.. they will tell the ladies to not try and seek a job when in North America but to try and be a good wife! The Nun thing totally explains it.

I think I will ask him if he would like to do that in Cebu. Flights are pretty cheap, and it's comparable in price to staying an extra day or 2 in Manila.. especially since in Manila they run only 2 days a week and are liable to be full.

So I guess your wife will have to pick up the sticker in the Airport when she leaves?

Doljan if you read this.. what was your experience in CFO?

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ya....I've read that your supposed to just call the CFO in the airport a couple days before the flight to schedule a time. My wife didn't mention about nuns?? Like I say, I was totally under the impression it was aimed for reducing culture shock....this whole thing is really misrepresented.....More of a reason to get done early.

Note that Cebu hotels are also cheaper than Manila....so that could help factor in.

Cheers!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Luckyman said:
Ya....I've read that your supposed to just call the CFO in the airport a couple days before the flight to schedule a time. My wife didn't mention about nuns?? Like I say, I was totally under the impression it was aimed for reducing culture shock....this whole thing is really misrepresented.....More of a reason to get done early.

Note that Cebu hotels are also cheaper than Manila....so that could help factor in.

Cheers!
It's based on a good idea.. but it seems to be aimed towards those poor young ladies who meet a foreigner on the internet and marry them with a lot of hopes and dreams and are potentially in danger of getting those dreams shattered. That whole thing is such a stereotype. Maybe they should have a seminar on how to deal with family members who ask for money once your abroad, lol.

Sorry I'm a bit OCD.. but does anybody know a hotel that's close to the CFO office in Cebu? :D

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's what we did......I plotted a google map of the location for National health and CFO office. Then hopped on Agoda to sort out hotels.

Here is the map if it helps.....just ignore the hotel, as that's the one my wife is staying at and she wanted closest to doctors office.....but just to add that it only took her maybe 5 minutes to get to the CFO office from there so you can judge distance.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=204824845211507800161.0004da0d3e3deaa9f0e35

Cheers!

EDIT: I just added some hotels in the $20-30 range with internet access as well as plotted the airport.

mrs_d

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
03-25-2013
File Transfer...
03-25-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-14-2013
Hello,

quick question... do they usually change "medical results has been received" to "in process" once they are working on your application?

here is my time frame for my husband

Feb 22, 2013 - sent application to Mississauga
Feb 25, 2013 - application received
March 25, 2013 - sponsorship approval *noted that my husbands application has been transferred to Manila for further processing* (DECISION MADE)

as for Permanent Residence all it says is Application received February 25, 2013

"medical results has been received"

Does anyone know how long the waiting period from here and on and what to expect next from Manila Embassy of Canada????

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should be about a 6 month wait from here....depending on what happens when FSW applications start being processed again.

Cheers!

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013 (Expires 24-02-2014)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-09-2013<br />DM: 23-01-2014<br />COPR expires: 20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 24-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Steph C said:
It's based on a good idea.. but it seems to be aimed towards those poor young ladies who meet a foreigner on the internet and marry them with a lot of hopes and dreams and are potentially in danger of getting those dreams shattered. That whole thing is such a stereotype. Maybe they should have a seminar on how to deal with family members who ask for money once your abroad, lol.

Sorry I'm a bit OCD.. but does anybody know a hotel that's close to the CFO office in Cebu? :D

Hi Steph,

Here is a good rundown on what to expect, it helped my wife out immensely.

valleyofcoconuts.blogspot.ca/2011/03/how-to-get-your-cfo-certificate-in-cebu.html

Prices might have changed a bit but the rundown is quite accurate.

Yes you can do it before, my wife did it in January while she was in Cebu. One recommendation is to get there early before they will cut off the number of people for that day.

As for hotels, I have stayed at the Quest (right next to Ayala) and Radisson (Right next to SM mall) would recommend both. Quest was having a huge sale when I was there of 50% off in November. Radisson is much more expensive.

They do present a few informative things for a filipino to be aware of, but in my opinion it is definitely geared towards woman marrying a man.