+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MANILA Processing Time for Working Permit

confused AB

May 11, 2010
ANYBODY KNOWS HOW LONG IS THE NEW PROCESSING TIME FOR A TEMPORARY WORK VISA IN THE CANADIAN EMBASSY-MANILA.

(since LMO is only good for 6-months).

In case VIO granted a Visa before the LMO expired......................
BUT LMO expired already before landing at the Port of Entry.......................
is that Possible to the Immigration Officer for granting a Working Permit Visa...........

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Okay for LMO to be expired if you started processing before the expiration, meaning you have sent your application before the expiry of the LMO.

confused AB said:
ANYBODY KNOWS HOW LONG IS THE NEW PROCESSING TIME FOR A TEMPORARY WORK VISA IN THE CANADIAN EMBASSY-MANILA.

(since LMO is only good for 6-months).

In case VIO granted a Visa before the LMO expired......................
BUT LMO expired already before landing at the Port of Entry.......................
is that Possible to the Immigration Officer for granting a Working Permit Visa...........

ghiele

Jun 7, 2012
job_seeker said:
Okay for LMO to be expired if you started processing before the expiration, meaning you have sent your application before the expiry of the LMO.
Would this mean that expired LMO is acceptable as long as the visa is approved? I mean I am only waiting for my visa now, but what concerns me is my LMO will be expired this coming July 21, 2012. If my visa received after July 21, 2012, can I still enter Canada as long as my visa is approved?

Thank u

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yup. LMOs have only 6 months validity and WP/TRV processing sometimes takes longer than 6 months.

ghiele said:
Would this mean that expired LMO is acceptable as long as the visa is approved? I mean I am only waiting for my visa now, but what concerns me is my LMO will be expired this coming July 21, 2012. If my visa received after July 21, 2012, can I still enter Canada as long as my visa is approved?

Thank u