+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mandatory Quarantine

intlstudent20

May 18, 2020
Does anybody know if Canada government provides quarantining facilities for students? on their guidelines article they advise not to use hotels to quarantine and as you know it would probably be expensive to rent a place for 14 days short term if it would be illegal to find a long-term place and quarantine there.

Any help would be appreciated, planning on flying to Canada mid August.

Thank you.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
You are supposed to make your own plans to quarantine. Most people have been staying at Airbnbs. Do you have a rental lined up for when you get to Canada?

Reactions: intlstudent20

intlstudent20

May 18, 2020
Thanks for the prompt response. I was thinking on getting something from rentfaster, but I just wouldn't be allowed to move around or use any public transport as if I were to visit properties, so Airbnb could possibly work the prices seem convenient. Thank you

Reactions: Qwertypod

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the prompt response. I was thinking on getting something from rentfaster, but I just wouldn't be allowed to move around or use any public transport as if I were to visit properties, so Airbnb could possibly work the prices seem convenient. Thank you
Make sure to get your own unit like a studio or 1 bedroom. If you have a roommate they will end up in quarantine as well.