+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manager Leaving Job!! Suggestion Please...

sekarchinna

Jul 22, 2013
Hi, I'm august 2013 applicant got AOR on Oct 2013. I've submitted employment letter along with the application. Everything seems fine until today, when my manager told she is going to quit the job in 2 weeks..I'm sure that it will take some time to hire a new manager for the position,,,

Now as you can see the progress in application, as an august applicant my file will be reviewed some time in 3 weeks by the time my manager would be gone and the position will be vacant :( Now what if a visa officer call to verify??? I can update the situation, but this is the worst time to update i think because of various reason. Even if i update i wont have any manager to report for foreseeable future...FYI i got the contact info of my current manager(who is leaving) in case if visa officer wants to contact her..

What should i do in this situation??? Should i wait for them to call or do i update now...if i update i dont have any reporting manager...other dept manager dont know about my duties... :( :( I'm kind of upset with the manager and her timing for resignation :mad: :mad: :mad: GOD SAVE ME!!!

Any input is much appreciated!!!

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
They don't always call to verify. Only if they have a reason to doubt the reference letter and other supporting documents. Is there any reason you suspect they would? If they do, how do you know it would be within the next three weeks? There's no way to tell that accurately.

In case call comes and can't reach the particular person, would it go on voicemail or would they be able to talk to an operator? Would the operator be able to direct them to someone else (such as HR) who would be able to verify your employment? Talk to those people so they know how to respond or direct calls.

Anyway, just because they can't reach the person on reference letter doesn't mean you should be disqualified unless there are other major doubts about your employment background.

Lastly, it's not fair to be upset with your manager. We can't expect others to coordinate their career moves with our immigration plans.

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
thisisauser said:
Lastly, it's not fair to be upset with your manager. We can't expect others to coordinate their career moves with our immigration plans.
I cannot agree with you more. No point to get annoyed of your manager departure just because you would need her verification.

If your job is genuine, why do you worry about the investigation by cic? there should be other ppl such as HR staff who are expected to provide info cic needed.

Sober

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/02/2013
AOR Received.
08/04/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
04/01/2014
Med's Done....
07/01/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07/02/2014
LANDED..........
22/02/2014
sekarchinna said:
Hi, I'm august 2013 applicant got AOR on Oct 2013. I've submitted employment letter along with the application. Everything seems fine until today, when my manager told she is going to quit the job in 2 weeks..I'm sure that it will take some time to hire a new manager for the position,,,

Now as you can see the progress in application, as an august applicant my file will be reviewed some time in 3 weeks by the time my manager would be gone and the position will be vacant :( Now what if a visa officer call to verify??? I can update the situation, but this is the worst time to update i think because of various reason. Even if i update i wont have any manager to report for foreseeable future...FYI i got the contact info of my current manager(who is leaving) in case if visa officer wants to contact her..

What should i do in this situation??? Should i wait for them to call or do i update now...if i update i dont have any reporting manager...other dept manager dont know about my duties... :( :( I'm kind of upset with the manager and her timing for resignation :mad: :mad: :mad: GOD SAVE ME!!!

Any input is much appreciated!!!
Just let them know that in case they will need to confirm the reference they will not be to do it with this manager due to his/her leave. You could give them someone else's contact info they could verify your employment with.