+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

malaysia police clearance

infoseeeker

Jul 15, 2010
Oh no. This is indeed bad news. My wife and I are just starting out PR sponsorship and we are learning about Police Clearances for Malaysians (my wife is Malaysian and I'm a Canadian Citizen). We are very concerned that this would take so long. We are both living and working in Singapore, so if flying to Putrajaya office and submitting in person can speed up the process then we will do so, but we would like to hear what your experiences are like...

I really hope things will be improved soon... very soon!

newlife23

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th October 2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed with God's grace on 7/3/2012
Your wife should be able to get her clearance within a day if she applies for it in person. Need to get the application form signed by Commissioner of Oath though.

kabisha

May 30, 2011
hi

If your wife is malaysian, then it will take 1 to 2 months. If you go to Malaysia and applied in that office then it will take almost 3 weeks. My husband is non Malaysian, thats why its take long time. Its took almost 4 months for him to get the clearance.

I think its better travel to Malaysia and apply there. U will get it faster.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
I filled up the form online and submitted it online as well using the e-consular. I think it's only available for Malaysian. So since your wife is Malaysian, I'd advise her to do the same. Then I submitted it in person to KLN Sarawak branch (recently made available in Sarawak, thank god! hate to fly to Putrajaya just to do this - flying to Kuching was bad enough).

Have the following ready if you are submitting in person:
1. 2 copies of IC - certified by commissioner of oath
2. 2 copied of Passport - certified by commissioner of oath
3. 2 copied of Passport Size photos
4. 2 copies of the Application Form (as submitted on line -make sure u print out 2 copy before u click enter to submit)
5. 2 copies of Statutory Declaration that u have never been charged in court or have been etc (sample from the website as well) - certified by Commissioner of Oath as well
6. RM20/- cash or Bank Draft payable to Akauntan Negara Malaysia
7. Prepare an poslaju or pos ekspress return envelope with your address

I thought when you submit online, then submit the supporting documents in person, you will get it immediately (as in website they state same day or latest 1 day unless you are from US, Spain, Singapore, France and Papua New guinea), They told me to come back the next day and to give them a returned address prepaid envelope and they will mail it. Luckily there was a post office kiosk beneath the building. Bought the Pos Ekspress prepaid envelope. Did it on Friday 3rd June 2011 and received it the following week.

You can also submit all of the above via mail with a returned envelope but you still have to submit online as well.

Goodluck! At least you don't have to obtained police fingerprints to supply to Australian Police for PCC, now that's a whole other nightmare. Happy to share if anyone needs to that as well.

A

Arjoolak

coldgirl said:
Hi Kabisha,

same case for me too. I was there as an international student for a year so I have to get one. I applied back in Nov 2010 and I still havent recieved anything. I keep calling and they keep telling me to call back.
have you got yours ?
my friend is on the same boat. just wanna share with him.
thanks

newlife23

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th October 2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed with God's grace on 7/3/2012
The Malaysian Consulate in Vancouver is able to issue it within 1 week. I got mine issued. It used to take a few months late last year.

kayal

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kualalumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th June, 2010
Doc's Request.
10th Dec, 2010
IELTS Request
took in May,2010
Med's Request
6th May,2011
Med's Done....
first test 10th June,2011 - re-tests 20th Sep, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21st Oct,2011
VISA ISSUED...
submitted and collected same day - 25th Oct,2011
LANDED..........
22-05-2012
hello,

I am an Indian living in Malaysia for more than 3 yrs now - Hence my husband and me had to get the PCC from PJ office - it took 45 days from the day we applied. They said 1 month and gave us a slip of phone nos. to call and check...when we checked after a month, they said they are yet to get the Cert. from the Police HQ. Finally, when it was ready, we collected the same in person.

So you can give yourself a max. of 2 months if you are not a Malaysian. I am not sure about the procedure for Malaysians.

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
kayal said:
hello,

I am an Indian living in Malaysia for more than 3 yrs now - Hence my husband and me had to get the PCC from PJ office - it took 45 days from the day we applied. They said 1 month and gave us a slip of phone nos. to call and check...when we checked after a month, they said they are yet to get the Cert. from the Police HQ. Finally, when it was ready, we collected the same in person.

So you can give yourself a max. of 2 months if you are not a Malaysian. I am not sure about the procedure for Malaysians.

For Malaysian, apply at Putrajaya in person, you can collect your cert. in 2 hrs. Make sure that you already prepare 2 copies of Statutory Declaration which must certified by Commissioner of Oath as well. If you do not have this statutory declaration with Comm. of Oath, you must wait for another 2 to 3 months to get your cert. because they need time to check your background.

For foreigner processing time is approx. 3 months or more.

Hope this help.