+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Malaysia PCC Help

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hello everyone.I have 2 questions.Please help me.
1.I worked in Malaysia in 2016 for my company in India.The passport I used in 2016 is expired now and Ekonsular is not accepting passport with less than 6 months expiry date.So,I gave my new passport number and attached my Old passport photo in passport attachments and submitted my application.Is this way correct?
2.I have friends in KL who can submit PCC documents on my behalf. Please let me know the list of documents I need to send my friend in KL to submit.

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hello everyone.I have 2 questions.Please help me.
1.I worked in Malaysia in 2016 for my company in India.The passport I used in 2016 is expired now and Ekonsular is not accepting passport with less than 6 months expiry date.So,I gave my new passport number and attached my Old passport photo in passport attachments and submitted my application.Is this way correct?
2.I have friends in KL who can submit PCC documents on my behalf. Please let me know the list of documents I need to send my friend in KL to submit.
Hi , Did you get it

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
You don't need anyone to submit any documents on your behalf. You just have to upload and fill the info and get the reference number from the ekonsular website. Thats it. That's what I did and then once it is ready for collection visit the malaysian embassy in your country and they will print out your PCC for you and they will charge you an amount of 20 ringgits something. Thats all.

Reactions: nns14

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
You don't need anyone to submit any documents on your behalf. You just have to upload and fill the info and get the reference number from the ekonsular website. Thats it. That's what I did and then once it is ready for collection visit the malaysian embassy in your country and they will print out your PCC for you and they will charge you an amount of 20 ringgits something. Thats all.
I got my PCC 2 weeks back.Thank you.

Oct 11, 2017
I have applied for PCC on Malaysia e-kounsler website and they asked me to upload my photo and passport in the form.
I have submitted the form and the passport with which I registered is the new passport, but the time when I was in Malaysia was old passport.
Please advice apart from online application is there any other step, which I need to do as I can not find anything which say that I have to go somewhere to submit hard copy of any documents.
Also advice since I had filed the application with my new passport, is there anything I need to do as in the form there was no option to provide old passport number.

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
I have applied for PCC on Malaysia e-kounsler website and they asked me to upload my photo and passport in the form.
I have submitted the form and the passport with which I registered is the new passport, but the time when I was in Malaysia was old passport.
Please advice apart from online application is there any other step, which I need to do as I can not find anything which say that I have to go somewhere to submit hard copy of any documents.
Also advice since I had filed the application with my new passport, is there anything I need to do as in the form there was no option to provide old passport number.
No need to submit any hard copy.Register with new passport and while you are filling the details,you need to upload your Passport scans.Upload your Old Passport front and back scan there and they will process your PCC application.

Reactions: gagandeep011987
Oct 11, 2017
No need to submit any hard copy.Register with new passport and while you are filling the details,you need to upload your Passport scans.Upload your Old Passport front and back scan there and they will process your PCC application.
Thanks for the prompt response. While filling the application form there is no option to upload multiple documents. There is only one section in which it ask to upload the passport (Containing the name details) in Png or jpeg format, that too with size limit of only 200 KB.

So, not sure how can I upload the old passport scan. What I had done is in the passport upload option, I had uploaded the photo which contains front and last page of my new passport. The last page also has the old passport number, not sure if this will suffice.

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Thanks for the prompt response. While filling the application form there is no option to upload multiple documents. There is only one section in which it ask to upload the passport (Containing the name details) in Png or jpeg format, that too with size limit of only 200 KB.

So, not sure how can I upload the old passport scan. What I had done is in the passport upload option, I had uploaded the photo which contains front and last page of my new passport. The last page also has the old passport number, not sure if this will suffice.
If you have time,wait for 20 days and see if it gets processed.

If you dont have that much time,you can raise a new application and upload your old passport in the Document Upload section.No need to upload your new passport in that section.So 200kb should be sufficient for front and back scans of old passport.

Reactions: gagandeep011987
Oct 11, 2017
in
If you have time,wait for 20 days and see if it gets processed.

If you dont have that much time,you can raise a new application and upload your old passport in the Document Upload section.No need to upload your new passport in that section.So 200kb should be sufficient for front and back scans of old passport.
In this case, I will wait as I still have time. Really appreciate your support.

canada915

Nov 23, 2018
Applied it in ekonsular.My status changed to ready for collection within 20 days.My friend collected it at Putrajaya Consular office immediately.
Have you applied for PCC before receiving ITA? I am currently working in Malaysia and I read somewhere that for non-Malaysians, in order to get PCC for Canada Immigration, they need some letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Have you applied for PCC before receiving ITA? I am currently working in Malaysia and I read somewhere that for non-Malaysians, in order to get PCC for Canada Immigration, they need some letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

No need for such letter. Malaysian Embassy doesn't require any letter to release Certificate of Good Conduct(PCC).

For further clarification read the official guidelines below for obtaining Malaysia PCC.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/malaysia.html

Reactions: canada915

canada915

Nov 23, 2018
No need for such letter. Malaysian Embassy doesn't require any letter to release Certificate of Good Conduct(PCC).

For further clarification read the official guidelines below for obtaining Malaysia PCC.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/malaysia.html
According to this link, I should apply for PCC in Malaysia only after receiving the letter from CIC. I want to apply now. Will CIC accept the PCC if I have obtained it without letter from CIC?