+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Making two entries to Canada by a Single TRV: one is from US

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
Hello

I have a single TRV. I have to go to US for a week and then come back to Canada and few days after have an emergency trip to another country. I hold a valid work permit. Can I use this single TRV for these multiple entries to Canada? I know that I do not have to have a TRV for coming back from US to Canada, but I am worried that the officer at the border of US and Canada, expires my single re-entry Visa.

Can anyone refer me to the related link?

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Maryam_d said:
Hello

I have a single TRV. I have to go to US for a week and then come back to Canada and few days after have an emergency trip to another country. I hold a valid work permit. Can I use this single TRV for these multiple entries to Canada? I know that I do not have to have a TRV for coming back from US to Canada, but I am worried that the officer at the border of US and Canada, expires my single re-entry Visa.

Can anyone refer me to the related link?

Thank you
1. No. Once you leave Canada for other than the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon you need a new TRV as you only have a single entry.

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. No. Once you leave Canada for other than the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon you need a new TRV as you only have a single entry.
Thanks for your response, but my question was a bit more complicated than your answer.
Yes, I only have a single entry visa, but my first return to Canada is from US which does not need a TRV as long as I have a valid permit. So do I still need a TRV for my next trip??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You already entered Canada on your single entry TRV - correct? If so, then you can't enter Canada on that same TRV again (apart from going to the US and returning). It's already been used.

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
scylla said:
You already entered Canada on your single entry TRV - correct? If so, then you can't enter Canada on that same TRV again (apart from going to the US and returning). It's already been used.
No I have not used my single TRV yet. So imagine that tomorrow I will go to US and after coming back from US to Canada, I will make my other trip to another country. Knowing the fact that with only a valid work permit I can enter to Canada, can I save my single TRV for coming back to Canada from my other trip?