+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

making complaints for IELTS, British council staff are racist

qveronica

Nov 19, 2011
hi,

I will make a complaints and enquiries on IELTS results. anybody here who did this, did improve the score after? I can't wait until May or June for the next IELTS. it delays my application. they provide IELTS just 1 time per months and only for 30 people. is very hard and I can't wait so long again for the next test.

I would like to thank everybody for the replay. I think is was a racist attitude toward me, British council staff are racist toward people from non western countries. They give me less points even I know I wrote good.

I passed my registration exam successfully in BC (over 500 questions, 2 days lasted exam) and I got only 5.5 IELTS score, is humiliating. I got RN license in BC and now I can't practice because I don't have work permit or PR, is such a frustration. I will make a complaints and enquiries on IELTS results.

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
sorry to know about your score . prepare once again and many helpful suggestion in this forum.

Tim Hunter

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/01/ 2012.
AOR Received.
29/02/2012.
Med's Request
12/07/2012.
Med's Done....
30/07/2012
Passport Req..
22/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2012
Accusing somebody for being racist is a serious matter. I took IELTS in British council 3 times in 2005, 2008, and 2011. I have never experienced any problems with them. Do not make a sweeping statement just because you have got a low score. Do you have any solid evidence to back your statement????

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
I couldn't see any racial issue in ur case. any discrimination related complaint should be handled by british council itself so no point to make a complaint and waste ur time. its better u use different organization this time like wings/bets etc. Good Luck... ::)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
qveronica -

I really think you should study more and take the test again. Based on your posts on this forum, your written English is not very strong and contains many basic errors. I think this is probably the reason why you received a low score.

Good luck. I really hope things work out for you.

tryagain

Feb 27, 2012
qveronica said:
hi,

I will make a complaints and enquiries on IELTS results. anybody here who did this, did improve the score after? I can't wait until May or June for the next IELTS. it delays my application. they provide IELTS just 1 time per months and only for 30 people. is very hard and I can't wait so long again for the next test.

I would like to thank everybody for the replay. I think is was a racist attitude toward me, British council staff are racist toward people from non western countries. They give me less points even I know I wrote good.

I passed my registration exam successfully in BC (over 500 questions, 2 days lasted exam) and I got only 5.5 IELTS score, is humiliating. I got RN license in BC and now I can't practice because I don't have work permit or PR, is such a frustration. I will make a complaints and enquiries on IELTS results.
hi dear
you r right but not completely because they are not actually racist they are doing bussiness in all over the world by giving strict marking in ielts so people attend more and more ielts exams TO GET SCORE ,this is not just ensglish test exam it's a multimillion dollar busssiness for british and idbi council.you can't complaint but you can apply for review if you r fully confident about your writing skill or you can apply for REVIEW IN 4 parts w-r-s-l if any changes in you r score any one of them then they will refund your money back.its happened with everyone in australia last 2 year before when i was in sydeny for example dates are not available on that time because of advance booking IN EVERY WHERE I JUST NEED 5 IN EACH BUT MY SCORE WAS IN FIRST ATTEMPED L-6.5 R-6 W-4.5-S-6 THAN SECOND ATTEMPED L-6-W-6-R-4.5-S-6 THIRD ATTEPMPED L-4.5-R-5.5-W-6-S-6.5 THIS IS NOT A COINCIDENT BEACUSE IT'S NOT ONLY HAPPENED WITH ME ALSO HAPPENED WITH MY ALL FRIENDS ,THEY ALWAYS MISS HALF BAND NOT MORE NOT LESS. THEN I APPLY FOR REVIEW IN LISTENING FINALLY I GOT 5 IN EACH SO DON'T WORRY JUST KEEP TRY AGAIN .THIS TIME TRY WITH IDBI

indian2

Star Member
Jan 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qveronica said:
hi,

They r never a racist mate ,its yr poor thoughts/mentality ,you cant judge yrself u did better rather let other to judge yr work n remember most of da pple who sit for da ielts are from non western countries.I have a answer for that i.e wrk hard ,sit for da next exam iam sure u wil praise them.

tryagain

Feb 27, 2012
scylla said:
qveronica -

I really think you should study more and take the test again. Based on your posts on this forum, your written English is not very strong and contains many basic errors. I think this is probably the reason why you received a low score.

Good luck. I really hope things work out for you.
QVERONICA
YOU ALWAYS WILL GET THE BEST ADVICE FROM SENIOR MEMBER.IN THIS FORUM SENIOR MEMBER ARE VERY FEW WHICH WHO ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE RIGHT INFORMATION AND ADVICE ,SCYLLA IS ONE OF THEM.I REALLY WANT TO THANKS ALL SENIOR MEMBER AND HIGHLY APPRECIATE TO THEM IN THIS FORUM WHICH WHO HAVE BEEN HELPING FOR LONG TIME WITHOUT ANY PROFIT. ONE THINK I FORGOT TO TELL YOU IF YOU WORK HARD YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@qveronica, don't waste your time flooding this forum with your useless posts everywhere, infact practice harder and make a difference

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
qveronica said:
hi,

I suggest you to go to Ielts practice website like scott-english etc and practice hard, resit IELTS again hopefully you will get better result.
If you feel that centre from where you attemped your IELTS has got raciest staff then go and give IELTS from other centre.
And at last if you think IELTS doesnt suits you, try for other exam like Toffel etc.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
qveronica said:
hi,

And may I ask what you are basing your accusations of racism against the British Council staff on? Is this just because you didn't score as well as you would have liked, or needed?

Taking a look at the above post of yours - it's not a "replay", it's a "reply". And you "wrote well", not "wrote good". "I think is was a racist attitude toward me" isn't a proper sentence and "I will make a complaints" is mixing singular and plural.

I mean this with respect, but you should probably spend a little more time trying to improve your English, and a little less time hurling accusations of racism at the British Council staff assessing you. I am confident they base their scores purely on the performance of the applicants taking the test, and not based on which country they are from.

As others here have suggested, there are online tests and resources which may be able to help you improve your score.

Best of luck,
Wayne.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qveronica said:
hi,
They can be anything but not racist. Like some members observed from your post, you really need to put more hard work towards your IELTS test preparation. Proficiency in good English is not only required for immigration application but also to succeed in Canada.

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
qveronica said:

It is a serious accusation. Please be careful. I have never hear of such instance.
As was already pointed out it is clear that your English is far from perfect. And combining probably lack of preparation for IELTS is why you got low score.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
I think all u need to do is work hard. IELTS is not as easy as people think it is. The questions are very tricky. Even, an Englishman would score low if he did not prepare well. My advice is that you practise long enough and you will pass in flying colours. Cheers!