+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Making complaint on IELTS test

DaryleneZ

Jan 9, 2018
Hi, I was disrrupted by an invigilator for he claimed that he need to check my table for noice (the temperature is cold and i might be shivering without conscious). He touched my coat and i was shocked and missed a lot of information on the tape. I filled out a complaint form and now I received email from him asking me what can he do. I personally don’t know what can he do. I feel very upset and nervous ever since I got interrupted.

DaryleneZ

Jan 9, 2018
Hi I got feedback from him, that I can choose to apply for reassessment. But as you know it takes time and energy. I cannot even know my test result before making the decision. I actually don’t care as long as the mark is not lower than what I had last time.

manboarpig

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
If you "missed a lot of information on the tape" as you mentioned, then you certainly would have got few answers wrong - one or two could change the whole listening score. So I would suggest taking the offer of a re-examination, and do a couple of practice tests before the exam date and try to ace it.

DaryleneZ

Jan 9, 2018
If you "missed a lot of information on the tape" as you mentioned, then you certainly would have got few answers wrong - one or two could change the whole listening score. So I would suggest taking the offer of a re-examination, and do a couple of practice tests before the exam date and try to ace it.
thanks I already asked for a reply. My aim is to get a higher mark (above 7.5)

Nayna

Feb 3, 2018
Hello,

I appeared for my Ielts exam on 6 January, 2018.
Results were supposed to be out on 19thJanuary, 2018. All the other candidates appeared with me from Surat Gujarat received their results. Few of them received on 19January and remaining few peoples results were late stating the results are under some security checking. But by the end of next week 27 January. All the candidates received their results except me.

Since last 4 weeks the executive says it’s under investigation and we might take another week for the same. It has gone to IDP Australia for corrections

Have someone faced any similar problem.

Is there any complaint email Id where I can mail my concerns?

Because the exam was worth 12K and in return I am getting nothing.

Regards,
Repal Shah

sunnyb7

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hello,

I appeared for my Ielts exam on 6 January, 2018.
Results were supposed to be out on 19thJanuary, 2018. All the other candidates appeared with me from Surat Gujarat received their results. Few of them received on 19January and remaining few peoples results were late stating the results are under some security checking. But by the end of next week 27 January. All the candidates received their results except me.
Since last 4 weeks the executive says it’s under investigation and we might take another week for the same. It has gone to IDP Australia for corrections

Have someone faced any similar problem.

Is there any complaint email Id where I can mail my concerns?

Because the exam was worth 12K and in return I am getting nothing.

Regards,
Repal Shah
Same has happened with me, I appeared at Pune. Not only Surat but result was delayed for entire India. Now they have released result of most of the candidates and only a few are remaining. Not sure what is their criterion of selecting the victims.

Most frustrating part is that they are not giving any information. IDP australia can not take a decision of which candidate's result has to be delayed and who has to be released. There must be some guidelines according to which IDP india is working, so they have information but they are not giving any detail.

They are clearly using this opportunity to harass people and frustrate them to book one more round of test to earn more money.

Oct 10, 2018
Hi,
I gave my exam on 29/09/2018 and during listening module my heaphone stopped working so invigilator immediately changed my seat but i missed some part.So i filled the complaint form.
When and what type of response i will get from them?

Carlawalters

Apr 26, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am a former IELTS examiner. If you are already in Canada and if you can, take another test like the TOEFL or CERF because IDP has had a lot of internal issues around administration for the past three years and when they are asked about inconsistencies (e.g changing assessments for candidates from some parts of the world) they blame it on the examiners or some how files go missing. When examiners ask questions or speak up and show evidence of administrative inconsistencies then examiners are relieved. The TOEFL is cheaper and fast and while IELTS British Council test centres seem a bit more organized, IDP staff responsible for centres across Canada really need to tighten up or train their staff a bit better and stop blaming candidates and examiners for strange inconsistencies or at least have an external system to examine complaints from candidates and staff that have no vested interest in IDP who aren’t paid by IDP. IELTS is a great system but the rumours in the news from 2018 and in some test centres in Ontario and Alberta are true.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi everyone,
I am a former IELTS examiner. If you are already in Canada and if you can, take another test like the TOEFL or CERF because IDP has had a lot of internal issues around administration for the past three years and when they are asked about inconsistencies (e.g changing assessments for candidates from some parts of the world) they blame it on the examiners or some how files go missing. When examiners ask questions or speak up and show evidence of administrative inconsistencies then examiners are relieved. The TOEFL is cheaper and fast and while IELTS British Council test centres seem a bit more organized, IDP staff responsible for centres across Canada really need to tighten up or train their staff a bit better and stop blaming candidates and examiners for strange inconsistencies or at least have an external system to examine complaints from candidates and staff that have no vested interest in IDP who aren’t paid by IDP. IELTS is a great system but the rumours in the news from 2018 and in some test centres in Ontario and Alberta are true.
IRCC only accepts the IELTS and CELPIP for English. They don't accept any other test.

Carlawalters

Apr 26, 2019
IRCC only accepts the IELTS and CELPIP for English. They don't accept any other test.
Which is why I mentioned if you’re already in Canada and it’s not for immigration take the alternate routes. C is also a good option for immigration and is Canadian based.

Saloni Thakor

Apr 22, 2021
Hello everyone ,

On 15th April 2021,I was able to book for an IELTS Test from IDP at their Halifax, Nova Scotia branch (computer base) and next day on 16th April i received a payment confirmation receipt with me on my personal Email account.

On 21st April 2021, an agent named Pooja from Canada college informed me that there is no booking under my name for 05th June that's why they are refunding me the money.

After this i was again able to book for 06th June 2021 for afternoon slot. I booked for the other date (06th June). And didn't received any email stating that payment has been received ........... On my account due to this problem the money has been deducted but still on my IDP account it stated that payment is not done yet. I only have 4 days left on my account. Can u guys please help me out the account and dates and what sholud i do next to get a confirmed my IELTS General trainig.