+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Making a border trip to get my PR

RobbyF

Feb 26, 2014
Hi all,

finally the day has arrived. I received my COPR and I am getting ready to do a border trip to get my PR.

I am planning to take:

-COPR
-passport
-current work permit
-proof of funds
-maybe a letter from my employer that I still work full-time as per my work permit

Do I need anything else? What are your experiences?
What could they ask me to show them?

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
Yeah, usually you would require some sort of proof that you are still living in the province as you are a PNP, like address proof or your health card. But from what I know is that you will definitely require your Passport, COPR and Work Permit. Rest of the documents you should still carry to be on the safer side. A guy that I know had taken appointment at the local Immigration office here and he was only required to show his Passport and COPR.

RobbyF

Feb 26, 2014
Yea definitely i will have my drivers licence with address, health card and i will take some utilities as a proof I live in SK.

I was thinking to take appointment, but waiting times are few months as I heard. That's just too long.

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
Yeah, I haven't received my COPR yet, waiting on my Passport from CIC now. I plan to do my landing in my province. I have no choice, border is way too far. :(