+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maintaining US Bank Accounts

GeekSync

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
For people who have moved from USA to Canada and are still maintaining their financial accounts (bank, investments) , how do you do so? My main concern is address.
Right now, I have set that as my friend's address however I don't want to trouble them with my mails as they will have to keep them until I visit and collect all of them.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For people who have moved from USA to Canada and are still maintaining their financial accounts (bank, investments) , how do you do so? My main concern is address.
Right now, I have set that as my friend's address however I don't want to trouble them with my mails as they will have to keep them until I visit and collect all of them.
My husband has several accounts in the U.S. (he's a dual citizen). We use his sister's address. So no real imposition since it's family.

GeekSync

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Yeah, that's what I would do too but unfortunately I don't have close relative. My friends will eventually move to Canada and the other ones are not that responsible enough to keep the mail secure or separate.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Bank account is ok, you can just change your address to Canadian address , if you can’t do it online, you can call them to change it for you. I did that with Chase and I kept an US credit card the whole time. But you can’t have an active investment account if not living in the US , same as Canadian investment account, the moment I change your Canadian address to an US address , you are no longer able to trade anything in your Canadian account , except for retirement account that’s with a stock brokerage