+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maintaining status

pugilist

Oct 4, 2018
So my wife came to Canada on 24th May 2022 on TRV and we applied for her spousal PR Inland and Open work permit in October 2022. We received the OWP and waiting to hear on PR application.

TRV expiry July 2023
On OWP remarks it says: Temporary resident status maintained as per R183(6), document issued to Passport Expiry Date. Pending SCLPC APR.

My question is:

1. Is my spouse still required to leave after 6 months as was the requirement in TRV?
2. Does she have to apply for a visa extension as staying more than 6 months??
3. Does applying for PR allow her to stay now until her visa expiry or PR decision if it comes sooner?

Will appreciate a response.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So my wife came to Canada on 24th May 2022 on TRV and we applied for her spousal PR Inland and Open work permit in October 2022. We received the OWP and waiting to hear on PR application.

TRV expiry July 2023
On OWP remarks it says: Temporary resident status maintained as per R183(6), document issued to Passport Expiry Date. Pending SCLPC APR.

My question is:

1. Is my spouse still required to leave after 6 months as was the requirement in TRV?
3. Does applying for PR allow her to stay now until her visa expiry or PR decision if it comes sooner?

1. No. Your spouse's Maintained status will remain until PR has been approved.
2. No
3. Yes

She doesn't have to do anything to keep her Maintained status.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

TRV expiry July 2023

My question is:

When will her passport expire? I think she is on OWP (temp worker) status until passport expirey date. And once the PR application is completed, she will be PR. There is no need to apply for further visa extension.
3. It's her OWP that gives her her temporary status. Not her PR application.