+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maintain status In Canada

RajveerK

Feb 7, 2024
Hello,
I applied my PR PNP in February 2024 and my work permit is expiring in February 2024. I talked with my employer to apply LMIA exempt work permit through employer portal. She created an account but didn’t got an approval yet. How long does it take to approve. It’s been more than 24 hours! I am really stressed out!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I applied my PR PNP in February 2024 and my work permit is expiring in February 2024. I talked with my employer to apply LMIA exempt work permit through employer portal. She created an account but didn’t got an approval yet. How long does it take to approve. It’s been more than 24 hours! I am really stressed out!
So work permit expired last month? If so, what is status? What PNP program and path to be eligible for LMIA exempt work permit? Your employer is not applying for a work permit but LMIA exempt approval so you can apply for work permit.

RajveerK

Feb 7, 2024
My lawyer applied a work permit just to maintain a status but he will withdraw that work permit application once we apply LMIA exempt work permit. It is Alberta rural renewal program. How long it take for an approval so that we can submit a job offer on employer portal?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My lawyer applied a work permit just to maintain a status but he will withdraw that work permit application once we apply LMIA exempt work permit. It is Alberta rural renewal program. How long it take for an approval so that we can submit a job offer on employer portal?
Don’t know how long it will take for employer to be approved for LMIA exemption. Assume employer is eligible.

RajveerK

Feb 7, 2024
Don’t know how long it will take for employer to be approved for LMIA exemption. Assume employer is eligible.
I think my employer is already registered with Canada business registration because my employer used to process LMIA files in 2010, Now, he stopped LMIA because it is a lot of work for him. Is it going to affect his employer portal as I have to apply my WP asap?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I think my employer is already registered with Canada business registration because my employer used to process LMIA files in 2010, Now, he stopped LMIA because it is a lot of work for him. Is it going to affect his employer portal as I have to apply my WP asap?
Well you cannot apply for a work permit, until your employer has applied for and been approved for LMIA exemption through employer portal. Not sure what business registration has to do with LMIA exemption. Being registered with business number doesn’t allow you to apply for WP. Has employer filed your job offer for approval through portal for LMIA exemption?

Last edited:

RajveerK

Feb 7, 2024
yes, my employer created a profile on employer portal but we are waiting for email from IRCC so that we can submit an offer of employment and pay the compliance fees.