+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mailing to CIO

AMAH

Oct 28, 2014
Hi ALL,

I am about to send out my application as FSW, NOC 3111.
My query is that do I have to mention the NOC group (3111) on the envelope that I mail the application to CIO in Sydney? Please advice.

Regards

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AMAH said:
Hi ALL,

I am about to send out my application as FSW, NOC 3111.
My query is that do I have to mention the NOC group (3111) on the envelope that I mail the application to CIO in Sydney? Please advice.

Regards
No

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
Dear Johnny31,
with all my respect - here's a copy-paste from CIC guidelines:
Note: On your envelope, specify the category under which you are applying and the primary NOC 2011 occupation code you have identified on your application.

AMAH, your can use label provided by CIC itself (your NOC number instead of XXX)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category or Arranged Employment Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arika said:
Dear Johnny31,
with all my respect - here's a copy-paste from CIC guidelines:
Note: On your envelope, specify the category under which you are applying and the primary NOC 2011 occupation code you have identified on your application.

AMAH, your can use label provided by CIC itself (your NOC number instead of XXX)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category or Arranged Employment Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada
Well, Just speaking from personal experience. I didn't include it on the envelope and I had no problems. It didn't make my application faster or slower - I still received my AOR, COPR just fine.

Since the OP's question was does he "have to" - I can say that if you don't write it on the envelope, your application won't get rejected.

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
Johnny31 said:
Since the OP's question was does he "have to" - I can say that if you don't write it on the envelope, your application won't get rejected.
Sounds reasonable. No doubts CIO is capable to figure out the NOC code from application forms.

But - it's my personal opinion only - CIC officers are only human beings, just like us. But human beings who are authorized to use their own descretion in making a decision about the application. So why will anyone wish one particular officer to be pissed off with application inconvenient for procession? ;)

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Changed to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
Visiting in Oct-15 ,immigrating in April 2016 Planned
arika said:
Sounds reasonable. No doubts CIO is capable to figure out the NOC code from application forms.

But - it's my personal opinion only - CIC officers are only human beings, just like us. But human beings who are authorized to use their own descretion in making a decision about the application. So why will anyone wish one particular officer to be pissed off with application inconvenient for procession? ;)
agree with arika.. you SHOULD put NOC code in your envelop. it will help CIC categorize the application packets. Generally i have seen from the global spreadsheet. same NOC codes are received majorly by same set of ppl . so at CIC office i am hoping there must be task forces divided by the NOC code.

so bottomo line it would really help.