+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mailing address on eCAS incorrect - should I be bothered?

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
So, I have an ongoing citizenship application and an ongoing PR card renewal application. Both were submitted in the same month (July this year), and I have received AOR for both. The citizenship AOR was received on Sept 29 and the PR card AOR was received on Oct 21st.

For both applications, the mailing and home addresses provided were the same, and it is in Canada.

This is why, when I logged into ECAS (Client Application Status) website (which shows both applications), I was astonished to find that the "current mailing address" is incorrect. Instead of the Canadian address I provided, it shows a non-Canadian address I had provided in 2015 when I was applying for my PR under Express Entry. The "current home address" however, is correct:

A quick search on this forum shows that this is not uncommon. In some instances, the renewed PR card was sent to the incorrect mailing address. I find this truly mind-boggling. How can IRCC be so disorganized and incompetent?

I don't suppose I need to worry that they would be sending my renewed PR card to Singapore, because they don't send PR cards overseas to begin with. However, would this incorrect mailing address have any bearing on my citizenship application?

Once again, I am astonished at how disorganized IRCC is.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
So, I have an ongoing citizenship application and an ongoing PR card renewal application. Both were submitted in the same month (July this year), and I have received AOR for both. The citizenship AOR was received on Sept 29 and the PR card AOR was received on Oct 21st.

For both applications, the mailing and home addresses provided were the same, and it is in Canada.

This is why, when I logged into ECAS (Client Application Status) website (which shows both applications), I was astonished to find that the "current mailing address" is incorrect. Instead of the Canadian address I provided, it shows a non-Canadian address I had provided in 2015 when I was applying for my PR under Express Entry. The "current home address" however, is correct:

A quick search on this forum shows that this is not uncommon. In some instances, the renewed PR card was sent to the incorrect mailing address. I find this truly mind-boggling. How can IRCC be so disorganized and incompetent?

I don't suppose I need to worry that they would be sending my renewed PR card to Singapore, because they don't send PR cards overseas to begin with. However, would this incorrect mailing address have any bearing on my citizenship application?

Just call them and let them know. Better to keep all information updated to avoid any unnecessary and unpredicted problems, consequently unnecessary delays. Make sure you call them in the early morning and expect a one-hour delay, unless you get lucky and someone answer.

Ryan Gotham

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017

You are not alone. I am seeing a diff mailing address too. Tried updating online a week ago but not seeing the updated address yet. Yes, it’s weird

Feb 8, 2022
I have the same problem. Tried calling them but can't get through... requested change online.. Were you able to correct your address?

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
I have the same problem. Tried calling them but can't get through... requested change online.. Were you able to correct your address?
Yes. I called IRCC (the call center), and explained the situation. Since then, the "Mailing Address" section has been simply gone. Now, there is only the correct Home address.

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Yes. I called IRCC (the call center), and explained the situation. Since then, the "Mailing Address" section has been simply gone. Now, there is only the correct Home address.
Same thing happened to me when I updated it online. For about 2 weeks, my mailing address was no longer there, but when it finally showed up again, it had been updated.