+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mailing address changed to the lawyer address

eramitgupta1

Apr 19, 2014
Dear Experts,
I am July 2014 applicant and expecting Medical request next week as per tracker.
Here is my situation:
I’ve filled my PR application by myself back in July 2014 and then in December 2014 I’ve filed Bridge open work permit thru my company with their lawyer as they are responsible to renew my work permit and got Bridge permit in Jan 2015 and I’m still working for the same company.
Now when I checked my application status online today and found that they have changed the mailing address to the lawyer address. I believe this might have happened due to bridge permit filled through lawyer. However online application allowing me to change the mailing address.
But my main concern is that what if they have changed my existing email address of communication from my email address to lawyer address then in that case I will not be getting medical request into my email address. I can request lawyer to forward me when he gets the request from CIC however I would to have it received to my email address as I’m not paying lawyer for PR application services.

Here is couple of things in my mind :

1) Wait till request send to lawyer for medical then request CIC to remove lawyer from my application
2) Call CIC to ask who’s email address is currently in the file for communication
3) Change mailing address online and wait for medical however I’m not seeing any option there to change email address

Requesting experts in this community to suggest further action which won’t delay my medical request or any other confusion to my application.

vik302

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25 feb
AOR Received.
06 jan 15
Med's Request
01-03-2016
Med's Done....
09-03-2016
Interview........
Rprf req 03 march 2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
eramitgupta1 said:
Dear Experts,
I am July 2014 applicant and expecting Medical request next week as per tracker.
Here is my situation:
I've filled my PR application by myself back in July 2014 and then in December 2014 I've filed Bridge open work permit thru my company with their lawyer as they are responsible to renew my work permit and got Bridge permit in Jan 2015 and I'm still working for the same company.
Now when I checked my application status online today and found that they have changed the mailing address to the lawyer address. I believe this might have happened due to bridge permit filled through lawyer. However online application allowing me to change the mailing address.
But my main concern is that what if they have changed my existing email address of communication from my email address to lawyer address then in that case I will not be getting medical request into my email address. I can request lawyer to forward me when he gets the request from CIC however I would to have it received to my email address as I'm not paying lawyer for PR application services.

1) Wait till request send to lawyer for medical then request CIC to remove lawyer from my application
2) Call CIC to ask who's email address is currently in the file for communication
3) Change mailing address online and wait for medical however I'm not seeing any option there to change email address

Requesting experts in this community to suggest further action which won't delay my medical request or any other confusion to my application.
call cic call centre they will check what is the email address on your file ..i called 3 days ago and the agent was able to tell me..its better to call them early morning

theshashi

Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eramitgupta1 said:
Dear Experts,
Here is my situation:
I've filled my PR application by myself back in July 2014 and then in December 2014 I've filed Bridge open work permit thru my company with their lawyer as they are responsible to renew my work permit and got Bridge permit in Jan 2015 and I'm still working for the same company.
But my main concern is that what if they have changed my existing email address of communication from my email address to lawyer address then in that case I will not be getting medical request into my email address. I can request lawyer to forward me when he gets the request from CIC however I would to have it received to my email address as I'm not paying lawyer for PR application services.

2) Call CIC to ask who's email address is currently in the file for communication
3) Change mailing address online and wait for medical however I'm not seeing any option there to change email address

Requesting experts in this community to suggest further action which won't delay my medical request or any other confusion to my application.
You can change your address ONLINE for you PR application. It will around 10 days to update