+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mailed in my passport for visa application from within Canada, no information came back, what gives?

Shuhz

Jun 15, 2022
I received the notification online to mail my passport to Ottawa on May 6th, and I sent the passport on May 12th. I have been checking my mailbox and the returning envelope's tracking status, and there has been no indication whether they have received my passport and that it's being processed. I was told I had 30 days to mail my passport, and now that 30 days period has elapsed long ago.

Hypothetically, if Canada Post had lost my passport and IRCC never received my passport, I should receive a message saying, "your application has been refused," right? At least that's what happened to my other application in 2020 when I couldn't submit my biometrics on time.

This link says the current processing time for online visa applications from within Canada is 171 days. Does it mean that it will take about as many days for me to get my passport back if I send it now, or that anyone who receives their passport now submitted theirs 171 days ago?

Sorry for the long post. Thank you all in advance for answering.

wmsimon

Jun 14, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi, have you received your passport as of now? I sent mine 3 weeks ago and haven't received any response...

orrel71

Star Member
Jul 11, 2022
Hi guys I sent my passport to ottawa on june 17 it was delivered but no update after that
Anyone got their passport back?

orrel71

Star Member
Jul 11, 2022
I received the notification online to mail my passport to Ottawa on May 6th, and I sent the passport on May 12th. I have been checking my mailbox and the returning envelope's tracking status, and there has been no indication whether they have received my passport and that it's being processed. I was told I had 30 days to mail my passport, and now that 30 days period has elapsed long ago.

Hypothetically, if Canada Post had lost my passport and IRCC never received my passport, I should receive a message saying, "your application has been refused," right? At least that's what happened to my other application in 2020 when I couldn't submit my biometrics on time.

This link says the current processing time for online visa applications from within Canada is 171 days. Does it mean that it will take about as many days for me to get my passport back if I send it now, or that anyone who receives their passport now submitted theirs 171 days ago?

Sorry for the long post. Thank you all in advance for answering.
Hi any update?