+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mail in PRTD Application location for Taiwanese

AHC14

Feb 21, 2023
Hi everyone, I'm a new PR that received his eCoPR last month, however, I had to leave Canada and travel to Taiwan before I was able to receive my PR card. In order to return I have to apply for a PRTD.

I am unable to apply online as the button has been greyed out for me so I have to mail in an application. I've called the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Canada who told me to call the Trade Office of Canada in Taipei who told me to call the Canadian Diplomatic mission in Hong Kong. I've been trying to get a hold of someone at the Canadian Diplomatic mission in Hong Kong to see if I should indeed be sending my application there but it keeps going to voicemail and so I've left a message for them; the they said they'd call back within 5 working days (seems like they're very busy!).

I just wanted to see if anyone with experience knows if the Canadian Diplomatic mission in Hong Kong (The address is: Canadian Consulate General in Hong Kong, Hong Kong 11th-14th Floors, Tower One Exchange Square 8 Connaught Place, Central P.O. Box 11142 Hong Kong ) is the place I should be sending my PRTD application and if I should write anything special on the envelope to tell them that my application is from Taiwan.

Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I'm a new PR that received his eCoPR last month, however, I had to leave Canada and travel to Taiwan before I was able to receive my PR card. In order to return I have to apply for a PRTD.

I am unable to apply online as the button has been greyed out for me so I have to mail in an application. I've called the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Canada who told me to call the Trade Office of Canada in Taipei who told me to call the Canadian Diplomatic mission in Hong Kong. I've been trying to get a hold of someone at the Canadian Diplomatic mission in Hong Kong to see if I should indeed be sending my application there but it keeps going to voicemail and so I've left a message for them; the they said they'd call back within 5 working days (seems like they're very busy!).

I just wanted to see if anyone with experience knows if the Canadian Diplomatic mission in Hong Kong (The address is: Canadian Consulate General in Hong Kong, Hong Kong 11th-14th Floors, Tower One Exchange Square 8 Connaught Place, Central P.O. Box 11142 Hong Kong ) is the place I should be sending my PRTD application and if I should write anything special on the envelope to tell them that my application is from Taiwan.

Thank you
Can you not travel to the US and then cross a land border by private vehicle or on foot? Assume you have US visa.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought their address has changed as follows:

9th Floor, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong

AHC14

Feb 21, 2023
Can you not travel to the US and then cross a land border by private vehicle or on foot? Assume you have US visa.
I'm not sure how this works, would I be able to fly into the US, have my son drive his car down into the US to pick me up, then pass the Canadian border with just my Taiwan passport? I don't have any official Canadian ID.

If you still want to make a PRTD application, it appears you have to submit your application, either online or paper application, which the courier addrss and regular mail address are both in Nova Scotia, Canada.

For details, you should read and check here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document/how-to-apply.html
Online button is greyed out, and I am trying to figure out where to mail my PRTD application to. The official website says "If you submit a paper application, you do need to follow your country or territory’s instructions for how and where to submit your application." but then doesn't tell me where to get this information.

I will continue to call the Trade Office of Canada in Taipei.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not sure how this works, would I be able to fly into the US, have my son drive his car down into the US to pick me up, then pass the Canadian border with just my Taiwan passport? I don't have any official Canadian ID.
If you have a US visa, you can arrive at a US airport and have your son greet you and take you back to Canada. The Canadian border guards should able to verify you with your Taiwanese passport and Ecopr.

AHC14

Feb 21, 2023
If you have a US visa, you can arrive at a US airport and have your son greet you and take you back to Canada. The Canadian border guards should able to verify you with your Taiwanese passport and Ecopr.
Thank you, I may consider paying the $160 visa fee and return to Canada this way.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, I may consider paying the $160 visa fee and return to Canada this way.
Otherwise if you haven't activate your eCOPR yet and it's still valid when you return , you can use it for a direct flight from TPE to YVR or YYZ.