07-27-13 + 07/17/13
AOR Received.
01-22-2013
Med's Done....
10-16-2012
Passport Req..
08-15-2013
Hi guys.
a month ago we got my wife`s Certificat de Sélection. Her "name after marriage" was not added to the form and does not figure in the other names section. In fact, there is no proof that she uses my last name now. Every thing is addressed and sent to her name at birth.

We changed her name a year ago and her passport as well as all her Ukrainian documents are related to her NEW name (mine)

Quebec does not seem to understand that her documents with CIC and her travelling documents are all using my last name. The CSQ only mentioned her old name and it won`t match!!

When I called them, I asked about that and ALL I got as an answer was that I can apply for a change of her CSQ by mail. But it might take 1 or 2 months to do. And Kiev is almost done with my wife`s permanent residency application...

I don`t know what to do. Send a change application, or wait?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
I guess you know the Quebec rule.

http://www.justice.gouv.qc.ca/english/publications/generale/maria-a.htm#names
Both spouses keep their birth names after marriage and continue to exercise their civil rights under that name, i.e. they must use their birth name in contracts, on credit cards, on their driver's licence, etc.
This rule applies to all spouses domiciled in Québec, even if they were married outside Québec.

Because of this rule, her maiden name is used in her CSQ, I think.

I think the VO also understand the Quebec rule. She wrote her maiden name on the application of PR, didn't she? Then, I think you don't have a problem about the name of CSQ.

I hope someone who is in a similar situation replies to you.

Reactions: msb

Julilay

Jun 18, 2013
hello I would like to help me, a month ago I received my CSQ in and second name was a mistake and wrote xxxxxxm and my name is written xxxxn, some people have told me that this is not such a problem to change the CSQ that I can apply the federal.

Someone here has this happened???

Help!

actaruslair

Jan 15, 2012
Rivne, Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv, Ukraine
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-24-12
Doc's Request.
07-27-13 + 07/17/13
AOR Received.
01-22-2013
Med's Done....
10-16-2012
Passport Req..
08-15-2013
Hi Julilay,
I should not be a problem I believe, but if you have some time left before the visa office approve your application. It would be a good idea to ask for a modification.
You simply send back your CSQs (both copies), a written letter saying what should changed and why, if you want to make it more convincing, attach also copies of your passport, birth certificate etc to prove your name is not written that way and that they made a mistake.

Are you applying with the family program or with the skilled workers program?

Tomorisu :
Tomorisu said:
I guess you know the Quebec rule.

http://www.justice.gouv.qc.ca/english/publications/generale/maria-a.htm#names
Both spouses keep their birth names after marriage and continue to exercise their civil rights under that name, i.e. they must use their birth name in contracts, on credit cards, on their driver's licence, etc.
This rule applies to all spouses domiciled in Québec, even if they were married outside Québec.

Because of this rule, her maiden name is used in her CSQ, I think.

I think the VO also understand the Quebec rule. She wrote her maiden name on the application of PR, didn't she? Then, I think you don't have a problem about the name of CSQ.

I hope someone who is in a similar situation replies to you.
You are right, I know the rule. However, they should have put her name in the "Other name" section. This way, there is always a way to ask for that name when you go to the bank or for a driver's license. etc ( according to other immigrants from Ukraine and Russia with that Last name problem, there is often a way to talk your way out with the representatives. Except for the Health care insurance for which they are really BY THE BOOK.

Finally I applied for a modification and they added her name in OTHER NAMES> so it should be fine now. thank you for your help!! And I'd be glad to help anyone with question regarding this issue.

dreamcanada1

Sep 24, 2017
Hi actaruslair,
I am in the same situation as you were regarding the name in CSQ.
But in my case in other names name after marriage (which is name as per passport) is already mentioned.
I just wanted to know this is fine. What was your experience at time of landing. Also, by what name your spouse got health card etc ini Quebec

Please reply