+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Madras University ECA

SajinSunny

Nov 9, 2017
Hi All,
I'm planning to get my certificates evaluated from WES I'm just stuck after reading all the comments can someone please confirm few things before I open an account with WES /

1.Does Controller of examination at madras university sign the envelope now? or it's still attestation officer does that. 2. Does WES accept the transcript signed by madras university attestation officer ? 3. Should we insist the madras university clerk or someone to get the documents signed by the controller of examination 4. In case the certificate is rejected by WES can I get them evaluated by IQAS?
5.Which one is better WES or IQAS ?
6.Can the transcript be signed by Director of Madras university?

Thanks

pritpal85

Aug 23, 2018
1.Bro Did u got ur Assessment Done from WES, if yes your doc is attested by attestation officer or by someone else. Please reply Bro as sson as possible need help urgently.

syedmdsiraj5050

Jun 4, 2018
1.Bro Did u got ur Assessment Done from WES, if yes your doc is attested by attestation officer or by someone else. Please reply Bro as sson as possible need help urgently.
Hey bro,

I went to University of Madras and did the process and sent the documents to WES already. Its still under process. I thought once I received final report successfully, will update in the forum.

the document was attested by the attestation officer. there is no one else there.

syedmdsiraj5050

Jun 4, 2018
Hi All,

So here I am finally with all the updates.

Below are the steps which I followed.

1. Went to the University of Madras with my degree mark sheets and degree certificates original. I also had colour photocopies of them. The USAB office is located in this map link. https://goo.gl/maps/mPcg2LDCWBL2. Basically, when you enter via the main entrance, take right and go all the way to the end and ask for USAB office, its a small office. The person gave me the application form and DD attestation form.

2. Since they didn't accept the colour photocopies, I took B/W photocopies of all my degree certificates, passport as well for ID proof.

3. Went to the bank inside the campus (near the distance education department) and took DD in the name of Registrar, University of Madras. Dont worry about the consistency of the name. Just fill the DD form with "Registrar, University of Madras" and they will write in caps how it should appear officially. The price is Rs. 300 per document plus Rs.30 DD charges. So I had 9 documents including the WES application form and got a DD worth of Rs. 2,700. Take 2 copies of this DD also for your reference, sometimes you have to give this to them as well.

4. Go to DD endorsement center. ( a small booth where the person is just behind a window, hard to find but ask the workers there. the low paid workers are really helpful and kind in showing directions) Here you give the DD and get the DD endorsement form signed. They take the DD with them and only give you the DD endorsement form.

5. Now I had, All original documents (Degree cert, mark sheet and WES form), B/W photocopies of all the documents plus ID proof and the attested DD endorsement form. Went to the USAB office again and gave all these. He took everything and asked me to wait outside. He also asked me to buy the cloth cover from the post office which is just around the corner.

6. There is only one person who attests the documents, it is the attestation officer. OMG, these people know that the applicants are either looking to migrate or already working in a different country so they want more money. The officer called me in a lonely area and asked for Rs. 1,000 telling that my file is number 99th and he will make an exception and make it immediate if I pay him R. 1,000. I paid him the money and he attested all the documents within 20 minutes approx. They basically attest all the photocopies plus the WES form, put it inside the cloth cover, seal and sign the closing place of the envelope. Then seal the front side of the envelope as From address.

7. I then printed the labels from the WES website, stuck them on the cloth cover. Glued the envelope properly and sent via DHL. It took approximately 1 month and WES approved my application.

I reached the University on a Friday at 9am in the morning and was able to finish all this by 12.50pm. Just before their lunch time. After lunch time you will not find anyone and literally everyone goes for lunch and never comes back. So go in the morning and get all done before lunch time.

Thats all my friends. If you have any questions, please shoot.

prabhu1009

Jul 17, 2018
Hello,
Does wes recognize university of Madras - distance education?
I know the university is listed in their tool,however, wanted to if the distance education degree holds value