+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Made mistake in family information in PR form

BrianLaraFan

Sep 29, 2021
Hi all,
I am a long term lurker of this forum. I am currently living in Canada for past 2 years. In my family I have wife (non Canadian) and one kid (born in Canada, so Canadian citizen). I submitted my application on September 14th. I just realised there is a mistake in that application :

1. I included my kid as an accompany dependent. So the his name shows up in application separately and I paid fees for his processing as well. I uploaded his birth certificate and passport as well. I later realized that I should not have added him as an accompanying member because he is already a Canadian Citizen.

2. I included him in my "Family Member" section of "Personal Detail" as well for both myself and my wife. I later realized that this section is for non-Accompanying members only.

I fear when IRCC will process the application, they will remove him from dependent (as they should) and will try to add him in non-Accompanying member. So he may end up either getting added twice or may fail to add depending upon how good their system is. It may break my application.

It is noteworthy that I have not hid any information about my son. Only made mistake in mentioning him as an accompanying family member. In past I filed work permit application where accompanying family member was defined as "someone who will come to canada with you" and "will live with you in Canada". I applied the same definition and hence he got added in the application.

What should I do? Can any senior guide me? @scylla @legalfalcon @PMM ?

Last edited: