+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Made a small error in my husbands application

Rinakkkkk

Feb 25, 2019
Hi all:)
I hate that I'm losing sleep over this. I send out my husbands application 2 days ago and it is still in transit. I am the sponsor and he is the principal applicant (US citizen). I noticed that I made a small error in his application. I misspelled his mother's name in 2 forms. Just by one letter but still it is an error. My question is...how do I fix it?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I hate that I'm losing sleep over this. I send out my husbands application 2 days ago and it is still in transit. I am the sponsor and he is the principal applicant (US citizen). I noticed that I made a small error in his application. I misspelled his mother's name in 2 forms. Just by one letter but still it is an error. My question is...how do I fix it?
Hi

Stop worrying. No effect on the app.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
If you are really losing sleep over this, you can always fill up those two forms again with the correction and send it via webform on ircc website quoting your receipt number since you dont have UCI or application number yet. When they get it, they’ll update and add it to your file

Rinakkkkk

Feb 25, 2019
And of course I found another error... he is currently in Canada but he applied outland because he will be needing to go home soon. In the form where they request details on our visits...(on the most recent visit) i put the Nov 25-Feb 18...because his flight home is in the near future but unknown yet. I put Feb 18 because that was the date I was printing and signing. My plan was to add a letter stating when he needs to be back in the US and completely spaced it.

Rinakkkkk

Feb 25, 2019
I'm hoping they just request more info. By then he'll have a ticket and might possibly be gone so I have have proof of his exact date

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
And of course I found another error... he is currently in Canada but he applied outland because he will be needing to go home soon. In the form where they request details on our visits...(on the most recent visit) i put the Nov 25-Feb 18...because his flight home is in the near future but unknown yet. I put Feb 18 because that was the date I was printing and signing. My plan was to add a letter stating when he needs to be back in the US and completely spaced it.
And like the first thing, not an issue. You need to stop worrying.

Windsorvasi

Jan 8, 2020
I have applied for visitor visa for my parents and we got the biometrics letter. I found that my mother's name is missing a letter. Made a typo in the application and is carried into biometrics letter. Is there any way to get it corrected ? We got the UCI and application number