+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Made a mistake on IMM5257

AB123*

Feb 13, 2016
Hello, can anyone help me about the mistake I made: :mad:

Applied Super Visa and VISA was granted with ALL correct personal information (Date of Birth can be seen at bottom of readable code ) and match all other info on passport.

However, when I reviewed the copy of application package after we submitted, we found there was error on the main form IMM 5257 ( The year of D.O.B was wrong )! however, DOB on All other forms and supporting docs are correct including Confirmation of medical insurance.

I called CIC call center, I was told to contact Local visa office, then I called Local visa office, no one picks up calls as always voice recording messages.

Is it very serious error may cause CBSA refuse entering at POE? even with correct info on passport and visa?

How do I correct it? Use case specific enquiry web forms to local Visa Office?

Searched online, as always talking about if found error on visa, not like my case, opposite, error on forms with correct visa.

Anyone has similar experience before? Help please!!

Thanks a lot

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
AB123* said:
Hello, can anyone help me about the mistake I made: :mad:

Applied Super Visa and VISA was granted with ALL correct personal information (Date of Birth can be seen at bottom of readable code ) and match all other info on passport.

However, when I reviewed the copy of application package after we submitted, we found there was error on the main form IMM 5257 ( The year of D.O.B was wrong )! however, DOB on All other forms and supporting docs are correct including Confirmation of medical insurance.

I called CIC call center, I was told to contact Local visa office, then I called Local visa office, no one picks up calls as always voice recording messages.

Is it very serious error may cause CBSA refuse entering at POE? even with correct info on passport and visa?

How do I correct it? Use case specific enquiry web forms to local Visa Office?

Searched online, as always talking about if found error on visa, not like my case, opposite, error on forms with correct visa.

Anyone has similar experience before? Help please!!

Thanks a lot
If the TRV is correct why do you care about a closed application? This makes no sense at all.