+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Made a mistake in online immigration form, how do I correct it?

vallabhcubs

Mar 5, 2018
Guys,

I made a mistake by saying 'No' in Background information section, for previously getting refused to Canada.

My scenario is as follows,
1st attempt to get Study Permit VISA: Refused for not attaching fee receipt acknowledging fund transfer to the DLI.

Now, After refusal, I re-applied with the new set of documents. However, I made a mistake of not mentioning the previous rejection. Hence I raised a CSE (Case specific inquiry) and they responded today, albeit not clearly.

The said:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service.

In order to help us better serve you, please follow the below guidelines to ensure your query goes to the right department to ensure we respond as quickly as possible:

Replacement of Document

If your enquiry is regarding replacing a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5545.

Amendment of Document

If your enquiry is regarding correcting an error, therefore requiring an amendment, on a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5218.

Case Status

If your enquiry is regarding a case status which has not yet been answered via other channels, please write back to us using the IRCC Web form and choose one of the following options:

· Temporary Residence (applied online) or Temporary Residence (applied by Mail) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for any temporary residence application (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit).

· Permanent residence (applied by mail) or Permanent residence (applied online) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for a permanent residence application under an economic stream (i.e.: Provincial Nominee, Skilled Worker, Caregiver, etc.).

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Sincerely,

Now, should I raise another request or should I withdraw and re-apply? It has been 6 days since I applied.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Now, should I raise another request or should I withdraw and re-apply? It has been 6 days since I applied.
Do not withdraw your current application.

Instead you must email the relevant visa office for your country of residence + include an new TRV form which correctly answers Question 2b + mention that you misunderstood the question and you are declaring this refusal of your own accord without IRCC requesting it

vallabhcubs

Mar 5, 2018
Thanks, Let me do that.
Can you please let me know whether this affects the processing time?

Do not withdraw your current application.

Instead you must email the relevant visa office for your country of residence + include an new TRV form which correctly answers Question 2b + mention that you misunderstood the question and you are declaring this refusal of your own accord without IRCC requesting it

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can you please let me know whether this affects the processing time?
Quite honestly, the processing time (or any delay) should be the least of your worries. The important point is to declare the visa refusal.... which you have already done, but it is best to back it up with an email to the relevant visa office

Reactions: vallabhcubs

vallabhcubs

Mar 5, 2018
Quite honestly, the processing time (or any delay) should be the least of your worries. The important point is to declare the visa refusal.... which you have already done, but it is best to back it up with an email to the relevant visa office
Thanks for helping Bryanna, I have done as you suggested. Hoping for the best.

anurenoola

Jun 1, 2018
Hi guys , please please need urgent response.. I applied for owp and I got passport request ... But now I come to know that I misunderstood country where applying question and entered Canada .. actually I need to enter India .. .. my problem is where to send my passport for stamping ??? They asked me to send it to Canada .. what should I do now ??? Any alternative process please please help me

NAVIYNCS

Mar 30, 2018
Dear Vallabhcubs,

May I know if your visa is approved and you got your PR. I am in the same status and am applying a Web form now to support my claim.

Thanks,
Naveen V

HeerKhan

Sep 10, 2018
What happened, did u email or post them about your mistake? did they acknowledge it? i did similar mistake we wrote no for previous rejection as it was in french our agent filled up some wrong answers and now we are thinking to write to them infact post them apology and also add correctly filled form. knowing about your case will help me alot.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What happened, did u email or post them about your mistake? did they acknowledge it? i did similar mistake we wrote no for previous rejection as it was in french our agent filled up some wrong answers and now we are thinking to write to them infact post them apology and also add correctly filled form. knowing about your case will help me alot.
Don't wait. Send the explanation ASAP. Else you're risking a 5 years' ban for misrepresentation

vallabhcubs

Mar 5, 2018
Dear Vallabhcubs,

May I know if your visa is approved and you got your PR. I am in the same status and am applying a Web form now to support my claim.

Thanks,
Naveen V
Unfortunately,

My VISA was refused again. Anyway, I am not looking to move to Canada, now. I am in the process of moving to Europe.