+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Made a few mistakes in pre-application before receiving ITA ..noticed only now :

soniyasoney

Aug 12, 2012
Hi everyone,

Has anyone has similar issue before ??I had filled my Express entry profile 2 months before receiving ITA and noticed that i made a few mistakes in the pre application :(:( ( actually 5 mistakes).

1. Place of Issue of passport?
I had recently renewed the passport but wrote the previous place of issue .rest all details are correct( passport number , issue date expiry date etc).

Have I applied to CIC before ?
My answer was a NO thinking they had asked only about PR .In fact I have applied for Study permit , Work permit etc.(studied and worked in canada)

3. How many family members does XXXX (me ) have?
Actually its just me and my husband but I wrote only 1 :( should have written 2 ( me and him).

4. Date XXX first became qualified to practice this profession
Wrote April 2012 but is actually April 2014 :(:(

5. Does XXX have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory ?
Wrote Yes thinking they are asking about the course done @ Canada further realized it should be from an Organization of body that approved the qualification.

I know the 4th and 5th questions are major ones .Do i need to reject the ITA .???Is there any other way? Should i explain about these in the letter of explanation ???

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try to calculate your points with correct answers on a new profile or CRS calculator, if these answers don;t effect your profile points it means you retain ITA and correct these answers while submitting the final application.

That’s what my understanding says

soniyasoney

Aug 12, 2012
Actually these answers do not affect my points at all...The question is that should i declare in my explanation letter about these misinterpreted answers?or just continue with the correct answers in the final application?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soniyasoney said:
Actually these answers do not affect my points at all...The question is that should i declare in my explanation letter about these misinterpreted answers?or just continue with the correct answers in the final application?
Do make those changes - as you pointed out they make no difference to your score but they are still the right answers to those questions. Your choice if you want to explain those changes. As they make no difference to your score, CIC won't be unduly bothered about them while scrutinizing your application.

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
soniyasoney said:
yes, if you havent transmitted the documents you can include a letter of explanation about misunderstanding the questions. as you have said this should not have an impact in your score so it's better to declare.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soniyasoney said:
Hi everyone,

Has anyone has similar issue before ??I had filled my Express entry profile 2 months before receiving ITA and noticed that i made a few mistakes in the pre application :(:( ( actually 5 mistakes).

1. Place of Issue of passport?
I had recently renewed the passport but wrote the previous place of issue .rest all details are correct( passport number , issue date expiry date etc).

Have I applied to CIC before ?
My answer was a NO thinking they had asked only about PR .In fact I have applied for Study permit , Work permit etc.(studied and worked in canada)

3. How many family members does XXXX (me ) have?
Actually its just me and my husband but I wrote only 1 :( should have written 2 ( me and him).

4. Date XXX first became qualified to practice this profession
Wrote April 2012 but is actually April 2014 :(:(

5. Does XXX have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory ?
Wrote Yes thinking they are asking about the course done @ Canada further realized it should be from an Organization of body that approved the qualification.

I know the 4th and 5th questions are major ones .Do i need to reject the ITA .???Is there any other way? Should i explain about these in the letter of explanation ???
I don't understand how no 3 didn't affect your points. Actually there is a difference in CRS between a single applicant (which you initially selected) and a joint applicant (which is the actual situation). Furthermore once you receive ITA the field for how many family members would be locked, that means you've received an ITA based on the fact that you're a single applicant therefore I don't see how you can rectify this.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Anya
What about question 4..
I did 6 weeks course of networking but started my job after 5 years so which date i should put?
Date when my course was completed or when i started doing job???
Hoping for reply soon

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
Anya
What about question 4..
I did 6 weeks course of networking but started my job after 5 years so which date i should put?
Date when my course was completed or when i started doing job???
Hoping for reply soon
No 4 isn't that important but it should be the date you completed your course.

soniyasoney

Aug 12, 2012
Thankyou guys for the reply.No 4 does not make a difference cause in the question where they asked will he accompany you to canada? I had written yes and given my spouses details.Also I know exactly where I got each point in express entry eg: age - 100 ( would have been 110), education 119 ( would have been 128 ) etc...

Thankyou all for the valuable suggessions . I will declare the mistakes .

Cheers