+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low Skilled pilot project Questions

davep584

Feb 10, 2009
Please I need some information.
I got LMO and Job offer and Police security check.
My job is under low skill pilot project.

I have some questions and would be greatful for any help you can give as I will be moving to Canada in the next two months.

My Employer states that after 6 to 9 months they can get me residency through the AINP programme. Has anybody done this and is it straightforward?

My wife and children are coming over after me as we are waiting for the sale of our house to go through. Is there any problem with this?

Do I need any other documents apart from my LMO, Job offer, and Police checks to apply for my work permit at Calgary airport?

Do I need to show of proof of funds as I am coming over on the low skilled programme and have the LMO, job offer and an address to stay at with friends?

Any other advice would also be appreciated.

Dave

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

davep584 said:
Please I need some information.
I got LMO and Job offer and Police security check.
My job is under low skill pilot project.

I have some questions and would be greatful for any help you can give as I will be moving to Canada in the next two months.

My Employer states that after 6 to 9 months they can get me residency through the AINP programme. Has anybody done this and is it straightforward?

My wife and children are coming over after me as we are waiting for the sale of our house to go through. Is there any problem with this?

Do I need any other documents apart from my LMO, Job offer, and Police checks to apply for my work permit at Calgary airport?

Do I need to show of proof of funds as I am coming over on the low skilled programme and have the LMO, job offer and an address to stay at with friends?

Any other advice would also be appreciated.

Dave
1. You must have been employed for 6 months before you can be nominated and it must be semi skilled NOC level C if it is in D you are out of luck. Your full time job must be in the following industries http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/semiskilledworkers.html
2. No problem, but your wife will not be eligible for a Spousal Open Work Permit, only category A,B, & O of the NOC are eligible. If they are from a country that requires a visitor visa, then they may have difficulty as it is quite likely that CHC will decide that the salary you will earn will not support a family of 4 in Canada.

PMM

@yourservice

Feb 16, 2009
1) Suggest you hold off selling your house and wait until you are stable in Calgary and your wife and children get their visa
2) You should have received your work permit (temporary work visa) before you leave your country of origin. Your temporary work visa will be issued at your country of origin. Your temporary work visa and passport will be required at your immigration point of entry (i.e. Vancouver International Airport, Pearson International Airport or Montreal International Airport). From these points of entries, you will catch a connecting flight to Calgary.
3) You don't need to show proof of funds at the airport.

Disclaimer: The above are just my personal opinion and cannot be considered as professional advice.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

@yourservice said:
1) Suggest you hold off selling your house and wait until you are stable in Calgary and your wife and children get their visa
2) You should have received your work permit (temporary work visa) before you leave your country of origin. Your temporary work visa will be issued at your country of origin. Your temporary work visa and passport will be required at your immigration point of entry (i.e. Vancouver International Airport, Pearson International Airport or Montreal International Airport). From these points of entries, you will catch a connecting flight to Calgary.
3) You don't need to show proof of funds at the airport.

Disclaimer: The above are just my personal opinion and cannot be considered as professional advice.
You actually get a letter to present at the Port of Entry, and the work permit is issued there.

PMM