+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low Skill Pilot Project

bader

Jan 4, 2009
Hi,
Please need some information.
I got LMO and Job offer.
My job is under low skill pilot project.
Is it renewing after 24months?
Is possible apply permanent under low skill pilot project.
Is possible change the job with same employer or new employer after 24 months?
If anyone give me more information about low skill pilot project I am very thankful to him.
Thanks & regards.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read about it at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/index.asp#low

The maximum time you can get is 24 months. Then you have to leave for 4 months. Then you can get a new work permit for another 24. Doesn't matter if you change exmployers, 24 months is still the maximum on a low skill permit.

Normally it´s not possible to apply for a permanent residency under low skill. There are a few jobs in AB and BC that qualify to apply under provincial nominee program with help of employer or if you qualify to apply as a skilled worker, you can do that after 1 year in Canada.

You can also try to get a skilled job or get the employer to promote you. If you got a skilled job, you don't have to leave after 24 months and have more options to apply for PR.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to get a drivers license here. Alberta has truck drivers under their semi skilled program so if you were a truck driver, you could apply for residency.

mesanthea

Jan 12, 2009
Hi, my husband also a temporary foreign worker with low skill pilot project, can he sponsor or invite me as a visitor?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
mesanthea said:
Hi, my husband also a temporary foreign worker with low skill pilot project, can he sponsor or invite me as a visitor?
He can apply,But not sure if your visa will be granted

pao

May 9, 2008
my visa expires under this July '09, and its under the low skilled pilot project as well. so even though i my boss still needs my services i will leave the country come July and have to wait back home for it to be renewed? i thought there's a new policy on this wherein you remain here while its being re applied for renewal? answer back anyone .... please

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/low-skill-faq06.asp you still have to leave for 4 months but I do remember a member on this board who was on a low skill permit and knew some other people who were who said that sometimes they issue a new permit right away, possibly by mistake, who knows but you can try apply for a new one right away and see what happens.

kotavs

Feb 1, 2009
please give me reply

hi friends I have been trying to go to Canada as truck driver, of employer applied for LMO in Quebec but they didnt get

can i have your e mail id and your phone number please

here is my mail id: kotavs@yahoo.com
cell no: +91 9441185884

please give me some reply

thank you