Physics: 44
Chemistry: 43
Maths: 40
IELTS:- 8 bands overall
Reading: 8.5
Listening: 8.5
Speaking: 7.5
Writing: 7
Course: Business Diploma in Canadore college (got the LOA)
[I know my course is not relevant but I will talk about it in my SOP.]
My main issue is my individual scores in PCM,
can a strong SOP help me get the visa ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey guys please tell me if I have any chances of getting the student visa,
My profile:
10th:- 76%
12th Non-medical:- 63%
Physics: 44
Chemistry: 43
Maths: 40
IELTS:- 8 bands overall
Reading: 8.5
Listening: 8.5
Speaking: 7.5
Writing: 7
Course: Business Diploma in Canadore college (got the LOA)
[I know my course is not relevant but I will talk about it in my SOP.]
My main issue is my individual scores in PCM,
can a strong SOP help me get the visa ?
No one can tell you your chances but your marks are really low.

Sep 19, 2020
I have around 7.5 bands in IELTS (all > 6).
I have 3.08 cgpa in Mechanical Engineering in my Bachelors.
If I calculate the gpa of only the ME courses, its gpa is around 2.72 however, if I calculate gpa of the field I am going to specialize in (Material Sciences) its around 3.08 approx. Will this be an issue for me? All the gpas are out of 4.
I have also given O levels and A levels and received A*s and As in all the courses.

I filed my visa under the SDS category on 30th April 2021. Kindly tell me if my marks are going to hold me back?

Last edited:

NAVSANGEET

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Sure give me full details on your profile and the prog you have chosen to study in canada.
Bro , mine visa refused two times due to 5.5 in one module in ielts . I have overall 7 band. In 10th i have 62% and in +2 65%. first time applied in july 2020 and visa got refused and order gcms notes. They stated that i have low language score and course did not match . Then changed course and again applied on 26 feb and unfortunately got refused . VO said i have low language score. I raised web form. But due to covid they said your request may be delayed. What do now?

Gillriz

May 1, 2021
Awesome post. Totally agreed
I have done my BS in English literature and linguistics (linguistics is my major) from Pakistan. Now, i m planning to do MA Linguistics from Canada. I have got 7 bands overall with (LRSW:7.5,7,6.5,6)
My grades in 10th, 12th and in my BS are 85%(plus)
One of my sister is Canadian citizen living in Alberta. that's why i m planning to apply for another province like Ontario or Saskatchewan.
Mostly Universities are demanding 6.5 overall in IELTS with 6 in each module for MA in Linguistics..... But some people are saying i should improve my IELTS score.. i recently appeared once again in IELTS but got 6.5 overall.. so i m planning to apply by using my previous score which is 7 as mentioned above..
Plz help me am i ready to apply?
U r star member ! Plz sir give ur recommendations

gupt07ash

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
I have done my BS in English literature and linguistics (linguistics is my major) from Pakistan. Now, i m planning to do MA Linguistics from Canada. I have got 7 bands overall with (LRSW:7.5,7,6.5,6)
My grades in 10th, 12th and in my BS are 85%(plus)
One of my sister is Canadian citizen living in Alberta. that's why i m planning to apply for another province like Ontario or Saskatchewan.
Mostly Universities are demanding 6.5 overall in IELTS with 6 in each module for MA in Linguistics..... But some people are saying i should improve my IELTS score.. i recently appeared once again in IELTS but got 6.5 overall.. so i m planning to apply by using my previous score which is 7 as mentioned above..
Plz help me am i ready to apply?
U r star member ! Plz sir give ur recommendations
yes you may apply but wait till the flights reopen as there are high chances to get the visa rejected during this situation

Arorayashika

Jun 25, 2021
No one can tell you your chances but your marks are really low.
Hey
Ok send me your email address, will write an SOP for you outlining the areas you need to cover.
hey my score of class 12 is very low I scored 55% in commerce
Business -44
Accountancy - 49
Economics -50
English -61
Physical education - 65
And in class 10
7.4 cgpa
Right now am doing ielts
I want to apply in canada for diploma and have 2 years of gap because of covid .Just want to ask you can I face any kind of difficulty while applying for visa , bcz of my low marks am too worried about my marks advice me to weather I apply or not :)

Shivam2423

Dec 11, 2021
I have 3 refusals, first two I got coz of 5.5 in one module, however last one was under sds.

I completed 12th from Guj borad in 2019
phy- 39
Bio- 44
Che 25+8= 33

bro I am very depressed for getting visa and I am going to re-apply in pre-health care atCambrian collage for sep -2022 intake and I also have LOA.
Please suggest me something from which I fan get visa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have 3 refusals, first two I got coz of 5.5 in one module, however last one was under sds.

phy- 39
Bio- 44
Che 25+8= 33

bro I am very depressed for getting visa and I am going to re-apply in pre-health care atCambrian collage for sep -2022 intake and I also have LOA.
What were reasons for refusals…can’t just be marks? Did you order GCMS notes? What is your full profile. How will changing to pre-health change your profile since marks are too low for a health program.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria

phy- 39
Bio- 44
Che 25+8= 33

Hello Shivam2423,

It will be better if you don't be in haste to reapply. According to your post, your grades are low and could contribute to your woes – not sure because there is little to no relevant information provided to place a 'presumed assessment" of your situation.

If you have your GCMS notes, share the screenshot(s) and give a very brief summary of your personal and application profile so you can be better advised by people here. Don't reapply without you seeing your GCMS notes. If you have not requested it, you can do so at GCMSWriters.com

– JS

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
Everyone with low academics,please stop your worry that your visa might get refused.

Let me eloborate this with a few points.

1)If a canadian institute has accepted you, It means that they have done a fair assessment of your academic credentials and after careful consideration reached a decision of offering you a place after finding you academicallyeligible.You have to bear in mind that your language ability is necessarily not part of your academics so lets keep IELTS separate from academics here and as such Canadianimmigration has no set thumb rule or a fixed %age of marks to be considered while granting a visa,for instance lot of people particularly the so called education consultants will scare you by telling you because your %age is below 50% or 60% so your chance of getting a visa are meek, i have also heard people talking about a requirement of 50% or 60% to apply under SDS or previously under SPP streams, CIC has no such requirement let everyone be clear about that.
  1. Currently under SDS the eligibility criteria is 6 bands each +CAD 10000 GIC+ Medical upfront +LOA(from a DLI)+and first year full tution fee payment you meet these criterias and you are 100% eligible to get a visa.
  2. Now what happens is after the VO finds you eligible ,s/he has to be convinced that your purpose of visit to canada is inline with the visa category you have applied for and in this case that being a student visa,the VO will look at your previous education (work experience if you are not a fresher) relevance of previous education to the proposed education in canada , your expected outcome of the study and your plans after you finish your study, furthermore your ties to your home country are very importantly you must convince the VO that you will not overstay your visa (This can be explained by underlining the prospect of your canadain study in your home country as part of your career prospects,additionally this can also be conveyed by talking about your parents back home,properties back home, or a prospective job offer etc.(please note if you have previous travel history to first world countries like USA,UK,EUR,AUS,NZ etc that too helps a great deal because that suggests to the VO that you have honoured your previous visas and your may be trusted to do the same again, although a lot of people might tell you that this might not necessarily be true)
All this put together is what gets you a canadian study visa “even” with low academics which is never a requirement.

How do I know this??:My own experience,fulfilled all SDS requirements,Academics very low bachelors 51% Masters 47% and mostly less than 50% marks in all subjects,7 years of work experience which again is a big confusion among people that consider it a GAP, no its not a gap so please stop calling it that.No agent accepted my profile,prepared my file on my own,

Applied my visa on 25th Feb 2019 and got my visa on 6th March 2019.

Note:This is only for student who sincerelywants to study in canada for other nothing won’t work.

Good Luck everyone!!
Thanks for this you are truly the best. Yes no where it is written a visa officer can refuse for low academic as per law yes the so called immigration consultant from India or Dubai say this type of stuff cause they have no knowledge of how ircc works . Thanks for the encouragement. Hope you be successfully in your life.

abdulgani

Mar 3, 2023
@Aatif1988 Greetings Aatif, I have received multiple VISA rejections due to low academics... I would very much like to connect with you on some forum... I need your expertise in making my SOP and file stronger.... please help me out!