+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low Academics? GAP ? SDS/General Canada Student Visa

Abhi_s1007

Apr 3, 2019
check your email
Hi Aatif,

Can you please help me with my SOP too or help me with a sample SOP.

As I also have low academics scores and I have irrelevant experience as well for two years. After which I worked for about 10 months in my own field.

I have Overall 6.5 with no less than 6.

Can you please send me an email I will share my profile and my email ID is kalia.exe@gmail.com.

Waiting for your kind response.

Reactions: Anshveer

Paiaiswarya

Apr 15, 2019
Hey..

My boyfriend's profile is as follows -

12th(high school) - 85%, passed out in March 2013
Joined Chartered Accountancy (CA) course in May 2013, where he cleared its Entrance exam in November 2013, and Intermediate exam (1st group) in November 2017, and he also simultaenously joined for Bcom (graduation) under correspondance in 2015, and passed with 45% in 2017 (the low grades was because he could not focus on both the courses at the same time).
In June 2017, he joined for internship in a CA firm and left the same in September 2018, due to stress and excess work pressure.

He then joined for IELTS coaching in Jan 2019 and gave the exam in Feb 2019.
He scored 6.5 overall (R 6.5, W 6.5, S 7, L 6)
He has applied for two year AEC program 'Accounting and Management Technology', in LaSalle College, Montreal.
Since getting a job here with his graduation marks is difficult, this program would be a good addition to his degree.

If he manages to get a offer letter, is getting a visa with this profile difficult?

We intend to get married next month (inter religion marriage, he is a Christian and me a Hindu), and then I want to join him on a spouse open work permit (want to apply for his study permit and spouse open work permit together) cuz we have been in a relationship for more than a year, but were not living together, and don't want to stay apart anymore after marriage. Also I want to gain work experience from Canada, and support him financially too.

Relationship proof - We can provide pictures, emails and call logs of our one year relation, and of marriage, which will be held in registrar office only with his family being present, since my family is against it.

Financial proof - Education Loan from SBI ( to cover GIC, tuition fees and living expenses), and my IT returns, my income being interest recieved of about 3-4 lakhs a year from fixed deposits made in my name by my father six to seven years ago. Also, his father, working in Muscat, is ready to write an affidavit, to take care of all expenses during our stay in Canada.

Home ties - We dont have any property in each of our name, but the loan will be in our name, and our parents, and his younger sister, will be dependant on us for future issues like her studies, marriage, etc. So getting a job back here in India is our main priority, after the Canadian exposure.
Also, I need to come back to India, to convince my parents about my choice of partner, since they are not on talking terms with me now because of this.
Is it enough home ties? And is it enough mentioning the same in SOP? How to prove your family will be dependant on you in the future?

Sorry for the really long post.
Please advice on the chances of our visa.

Jassa 65

Apr 1, 2019
Hey so i did my mechanical engineering diploma in dec 2014 with 56% worked for 4 years as a cnc operator now i want to apply for Canada Ontario, i got 7 bands overall and got c grade in maths in 10th and diploma and applied for 5 colleges but no one replied me about application and all now im thinking that they probably rejected it ? Because most of the people who I talked to they said sds public colleges doesnt accept 56% so please help me if you can

Abhi_s1007

Apr 3, 2019
Hey so i did my mechanical engineering diploma in dec 2014 with 56% worked for 4 years as a cnc operator now i want to apply for Canada Ontario, i got 7 bands overall and got c grade in maths in 10th and diploma and applied for 5 colleges but no one replied me about application and all now im thinking that they probably rejected it ? Because most of the people who I talked to they said sds public colleges doesnt accept 56% so please help me if you can
Please do check the college percentage eligibility before applying and don't waste dollars on applications fees if they do not accept students with less than 60%. Also note, there is no specific percentage criteria for filling for visa under SDS.

Jassa 65

Apr 1, 2019
Please do check the college percentage eligibility before applying and don't waste dollars on applications fees if they do not accept students with less than 60%. Also note, there is no specific percentage criteria for filling for visa under SDS.
Thanks i got LOA from loyalist last night

Reactions: Abhi_s1007

Swap4u

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Ohkk i m also.in that situation 54 percentate in graduation comp engg ....7 nlt 6 ...hoping for visa approval

gulahsan

May 21, 2019
Everyone with low academics,please stop your worry that your visa might get refused.

Let me eloborate this with a few points.

1)If a canadian institute has accepted you, It means that they have done a fair assessment of your academic credentials and after careful consideration reached a decision of offering you a place after finding you academicallyeligible.You have to bear in mind that your language ability is necessarily not part of your academics so lets keep IELTS separate from academics here and as such Canadianimmigration has no set thumb rule or a fixed %age of marks to be considered while granting a visa,for instance lot of people particularly the so called education consultants will scare you by telling you because your %age is below 50% or 60% so your chance of getting a visa are meek, i have also heard people talking about a requirement of 50% or 60% to apply under SDS or previously under SPP streams, CIC has no such requirement let everyone be clear about that.
  1. Currently under SDS the eligibility criteria is 6 bands each +CAD 10000 GIC+ Medical upfront +LOA(from a DLI)+and first year full tution fee payment you meet these criterias and you are 100% eligible to get a visa.
  2. Now what happens is after the VO finds you eligible ,s/he has to be convinced that your purpose of visit to canada is inline with the visa category you have applied for and in this case that being a student visa,the VO will look at your previous education (work experience if you are not a fresher) relevance of previous education to the proposed education in canada , your expected outcome of the study and your plans after you finish your study, furthermore your ties to your home country are very importantly you must convince the VO that you will not overstay your visa (This can be explained by underlining the prospect of your canadain study in your home country as part of your career prospects,additionally this can also be conveyed by talking about your parents back home,properties back home, or a prospective job offer etc.(please note if you have previous travel history to first world countries like USA,UK,EUR,AUS,NZ etc that too helps a great deal because that suggests to the VO that you have honoured your previous visas and your may be trusted to do the same again, although a lot of people might tell you that this might not necessarily be true)
All this put together is what gets you a canadian study visa “even” with low academics which is never a requirement.

How do I know this??:My own experience,fulfilled all SDS requirements,Academics very low bachelors 51% Masters 47% and mostly less than 50% marks in all subjects,7 years of work experience which again is a big confusion among people that consider it a GAP, no its not a gap so please stop calling it that.No agent accepted my profile,prepared my file on my own,

Applied my visa on 25th Feb 2019 and got my visa on 6th March 2019.

Note:This is only for student who sincerelywants to study in canada for other nothing won’t work.

Good Luck everyone!!
HI .. can you help me with SOP... and how much gap/ professional experience you have after completing your last degree in your homeland before applying for canada??

iRizwan

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone with low academics,please stop your worry that your visa might get refused.

Let me eloborate this with a few points.

1)If a canadian institute has accepted you, It means that they have done a fair assessment of your academic credentials and after careful consideration reached a decision of offering you a place after finding you academicallyeligible.You have to bear in mind that your language ability is necessarily not part of your academics so lets keep IELTS separate from academics here and as such Canadianimmigration has no set thumb rule or a fixed %age of marks to be considered while granting a visa,for instance lot of people particularly the so called education consultants will scare you by telling you because your %age is below 50% or 60% so your chance of getting a visa are meek, i have also heard people talking about a requirement of 50% or 60% to apply under SDS or previously under SPP streams, CIC has no such requirement let everyone be clear about that.
  1. Currently under SDS the eligibility criteria is 6 bands each +CAD 10000 GIC+ Medical upfront +LOA(from a DLI)+and first year full tution fee payment you meet these criterias and you are 100% eligible to get a visa.
  2. Now what happens is after the VO finds you eligible ,s/he has to be convinced that your purpose of visit to canada is inline with the visa category you have applied for and in this case that being a student visa,the VO will look at your previous education (work experience if you are not a fresher) relevance of previous education to the proposed education in canada , your expected outcome of the study and your plans after you finish your study, furthermore your ties to your home country are very importantly you must convince the VO that you will not overstay your visa (This can be explained by underlining the prospect of your canadain study in your home country as part of your career prospects,additionally this can also be conveyed by talking about your parents back home,properties back home, or a prospective job offer etc.(please note if you have previous travel history to first world countries like USA,UK,EUR,AUS,NZ etc that too helps a great deal because that suggests to the VO that you have honoured your previous visas and your may be trusted to do the same again, although a lot of people might tell you that this might not necessarily be true)
All this put together is what gets you a canadian study visa “even” with low academics which is never a requirement.

How do I know this??:My own experience,fulfilled all SDS requirements,Academics very low bachelors 51% Masters 47% and mostly less than 50% marks in all subjects,7 years of work experience which again is a big confusion among people that consider it a GAP, no its not a gap so please stop calling it that.No agent accepted my profile,prepared my file on my own,

Applied my visa on 25th Feb 2019 and got my visa on 6th March 2019.

Note:This is only for student who sincerelywants to study in canada for other nothing won’t work.

Good Luck everyone!!
Brother Atif, thank you for a great post, need your help is SOP, kindly share the format @ rizwan.be@gmail.com; I have a study GAP and IELTS is 6.5 bands; applying for Data Analytics or Digital Marketing Courses. Thanks in advance

Sammysam

Jul 5, 2019
I have 8.8 cgpa in 10th std
12th overall 57.6% with 35 marks in mathematics.
I did my Bachelor in Dental surgery with 60% marks and presently Im practicing in a private clinic since 5 months.
I want to take admission in Health care administration from Canada. so my query is that will my maths marks be a problem in getting students visa.. I dint give improvement exam for maths because my plan was to take medicine or dental stream for my future..
please reply me.
thank you