which experience? I am not in Canada yet, that's why I need some advise

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albert1900 said:
which experience? I am not in Canada yet, that's why I need some advise
canada is a family oriented if you have a kids this is the right place for you. its gonna be an adjustment first but you will be fine in a long run. What i like in canada is I can buy my own home even PR can do that.

Albert1900

Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
hoping_canadian said:
canada is a family oriented if you have a kids this is the right place for you. its gonna be an adjustment first but you will be fine in a long run. What i like in canada is I can buy my own home even PR can do that.
Thanks! I have no not kids yet,but we hope to move in canada for a better future for them too

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Albert1900 said:
Thanks! I have no not kids yet,but we hope to move in canada for a better future for them too
You are applying from Italy I presume? Why do you think Canada is a better future for kids too? Just curious here. Is the education system better in Canada than Italy?

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albert1900 said:

Albert1900

Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
screech339 said:
You are applying from Italy I presume? Why do you think Canada is a better future for kids too? Just curious here. Is the education system better in Canada than Italy?
Yes from Italy, I think that because... Canadians are known for being good people, honest , respectful of the rules , I like how the school is structured , good welfer , politicians are certainly better than here. beautiful landscapes . about kids : to have a child in Canada means giving him more chances regarding serenity , and more opportunities for work and study , living in a safety country where the important thing is how you are and not who you know, would be great

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should make the move. If you want to apply for PR, do it before Dec 31,2014. From Jan 2015, they have a new system called EE system which will make things difficult. Don't wait. Put your application in now.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ingegarcia said:
We love it!
I worked in US for 9 years. I applied for green card and waited for a very long time (probably more than 6 years) so we applied for Canadian PR and got it in just 1 year :). We felt immensely happy and blessed when we received the PR card.
Finding a job outside of Canada was difficult even while working in US but I managed to get one so my wife and I moved to Canada. My wife struggled to get a job because in Canada you need to have Canadian experience. She enrolled in some volunteer job and got a job later.
The first few months we struggled with higher taxes and, higher food prices and cost living but health care turned out to be great for us and the service is similar to US. After a while we stopped comparing prices with US and life became a lot easier.
In general customer service is a little bit worse than US but still good. And Canada is a great and very peaceful place to live and raise family. Spectacular during summer and liveable in Winter. I ice-skate in winter and ride a bicycle all the year around (yes also in winter). I still need to try sky and other winter sports.
It is a multicultural society so you find less resistance from Canadian and other cultures and you can blend easily. Most people are welcoming and polite.

BTW houses are expensive but when you look at the interest rate and monthly payments it seems to be lower than US somehow.
I came to Canada in very similar circumstances. After my experience with the citizenship application process, I sometimes wish I had stuck it out in the US. I would have become a US citizen by now.

If and when the time for my oath comes, it will seriously bother me to swear allegiance to a monarch. I know, I know, it is not about the individual but what she represents. And Lizzie the Second seems like an okay gal, so that will take some of the sting away. And I wish her good health and a long life because if by the time I get to take the oath that useless waste of oxygen Charles becomes king, I might just say screw it. :p

Albert1900

Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
SinghLovCan said:
You should make the move. If you want to apply for PR, do it before Dec 31,2014. From Jan 2015, they have a new system called EE system which will make things difficult. Don't wait. Put your application in now.
Thanks for the advice,I'd like to apply before December, but we have to wait untill March, than we can apply like self-employed(business immigrations), we are already filling the sheets and preparing the documents

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:
I came to Canada in very similar circumstances. After my experience with the citizenship application process, I sometimes wish I had stuck it out in the US. I would have become a US citizen by now.

If and when the time for my oath comes, it will seriously bother me to swear allegiance to a monarch. I know, I know, it is not about the individual but what she represents. And Lizzie the Second seems like an okay gal, so that will take some of the sting away. And I wish her good health and a long life because if by the time I get to take the oath that useless waste of oxygen Charles becomes king, I might just say screw it. :p
As a PR you have almost the same rights and benefits as a Citizen. It might take sometime time, but it will be done one day.

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
I do love Canada.

So far, has been an amazing place to raise a family, live peacefully and grow professionally and personally.

I think that the better way to adapt is to stop comparing your previous country, in that way you can learn to enjoy and understand the Canadian life.

It is hard to believe that some people complain but at the same time they are trying to be canadian citizens, if you think there is a better place, go ahead! It is a free world.

Cheers!

Albert1900

Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
wilbur said:
I do love Canada.

So far, has been an amazing place to raise a family, live peacefully and grow professionally and personally.

I think that the better way to adapt is to stop comparing your previous country, in that way you can learn to enjoy and understand the Canadian life.

It is hard to believe that some people complain but at the same time they are trying to be canadian citizens, if you think there is a better place, go ahead! It is a free world.

Cheers!
Thanks!

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
wilbur said:

Cheers!
You make it sound like everyone is free to live, settle and work anywhere in the world. It's not like that ::)

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Albert1900 said:
Thanks to all for your answers , i read it very carefully, my common law and I have a good job , a fine home here where we live , but ..... maybe here(Italy) is a good place for vacations only, we are too honest to keep living here
Lived in Italy for three years before moving to Canada so I know all too well what you are talking about. Canada has a lot more to offer you and your future family. Best of luck!

Albert1900

Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
touché said:
Lived in Italy for three years before moving to Canada so I know all too well what you are talking about. Canada has a lot more to offer you and your future family. Best of luck!
I am happy that you understand