+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Love Canada?

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let me sum up things up for you!
Canadians care for its citizens. My friend's father recently got his Kidney transplanted and would need to take medicines for rest of his life which cost (3000$/ month). Because of the health care he will not be paying a dime!
Taxes are high but looking things in perspective its worth it. Moreover I believe the water in future will be scarce and country with huge resource of fresh water and resources will be the rich and prosperous. Canada is rich with resources and has a lot of potential. Reading your comments, it seems that you intend to have your business. That is good because the most successful immigrants (IMHO)are the ones who have their own business or are in real estate.

Last but not least I assume Italy allows dual nationality so even if you don't like it here can return to EU anytime.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Coming from a developing country, I consider Canada as living in an expensive hotel. You get the facilities and treatment, but the cost is higher.

You are likely not going miss home country people, language, food, etc.

USA is like 5-star hotel, but they reserve the right to allow guest. ;)

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
sapguru said:
Yeah it's hard to get invited to their hotel, but they also have lots of uninvited guests :p

Albert1900

Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
canucksrig said:
Last but not least I assume Italy allows dual nationality so even if you don't like it here can return to EU anytime.
Absolutly right

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albert1900 said:
Hello everyone,

I 'd like to ask to those who are already landed : is the Canada that place you expected ? Is it better or worse than you thought ?

Thanks to all
Yes it is. It is much-much better than my previous country, and indeed better than I thought!!
I'm looking forward to become canadian citizen soon!

Dec 1, 2014
canucksrig said:
Let me sum up things up for you!
Canadians care for its citizens. My friend's father recently got his Kidney transplanted and would need to take medicines for rest of his life which cost (3000$/ month). Because of the health care he will not be paying a dime!
Taxes are high but looking things in perspective its worth it. Moreover I believe the water in future will be scarce and country with huge resource of fresh water and resources will be the rich and prosperous. Canada is rich with resources and has a lot of potential. Reading your comments, it seems that you intend to have your business. That is good because the most successful immigrants (IMHO)are the ones who have their own business or are in real estate.

the story I heard goes even further!

A friend of my husband's, needed kidney transplant few years ago,he was a PR landed less than a year by then. The waiting list in Canada was so long, so he and his family tried in our old country and he got lucky. He then talked to MSP(health department in BC), and they approved his application to get transplant done overseas. Since he still needed hemodialysis during his prep and waiting in the other country, MSP shipped two sets of hemodialysis equipment there all the way from Canada! TWO SETS! about 2Ts! All he did was telling MSP the date of his flight back to his parents' home and the date he would be admitted into hospital. Once he arrived, the local contractor contacted him and delivered the equipments(which shipped by air and arrived few days before him) to his parents' home and set it up for him. The other set was delivered to the hospital where his surgery was done. After his surgery, he just called the local contractor to collect the equipments. He didn't pay a dime during all this!

He is now studying, living and working as all other people, we had no idea that he had gone through such major surgery until my husband saw him taking medicines(covered by MSP again) during a sea fishing trip. The guy said Canada had given him second life and we cann't agree more.

The story might be bit of extreme, but it's a good example that we know we are well looked after in this country. People don't get to be taught for 'patriot' like my old country always does, but we just love Canada, from the bottom of heart.

mnagah

Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I love Canada. Yes life here is expensive and taxes are high and the winters suck, however, it's a great country that accepted me and treated me as an equal from the moment I landed. It's healthcare system is great despite its flaws. Canadians are accepting and tolerant. Whatelse can we ask for? It's also a beautiful country full of natural beauty and greenery as well as abundant resources.

Skyangel

Oct 16, 2014
Yes, I love Canada.
For new comers it basically depends on financial issues first, then the quality of living. For old comers, you'll appreciate the quality of living then financial issues. Both are important though.

Firstly, as for my experience, I came from a rich country in the gulf and I heard that it is expensive and you'll hardly get a job. This might be true for the first year, or if you really not a skilled qualified person to the job you're hunting for. Today, after few years of landing here in Canada, I earn and raise double what I earned and raised there.

Secondly, people who lived in USA compare taxes and prices in Canada as what is in the States, but don't forget that the pay scale here is bit higher, the benefits paid to families who have children, the tax reductions, and the free health services. I lived a couple of years in the States, and the quality of living on average isn't high to the level of the Canadian standard except few sates down there (like California) or certain rich counties in each state, other than this, I haven't seen more joy down there than in Canada, and this in terms of weather or prosperity. That said, both countries are good, and comparing them is a long topic and outside the scope of this discussion thread.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sapguru said:
Coming from a developing country, I consider Canada as living in an expensive hotel. You get the facilities and treatment, but the cost is higher.

You are likely not going miss home country people, language, food, etc.

You miss one thing, if your get low, Canada won't kick you out or overcharge you for healthcare, education, etc.. if you are in, you are in to stay for the best and the worst and this what it makes it better than the US. I am glad to pay now up to 50% of my annual earnings knowing that down the road my country won't let me down when in need.
Plus my kids are getting the best education, best society and best environment to live in and best relaxed future all this without being uprooted from their initial identity, because Canada is the most multicultural country in the world .. such countries that have similar blend of pluses can be counted on one hand (or two max).

15 years ago when I took the decision with my spouse to find a better place for our newborn elder kid and for us to retire in peace, we had few countries to consider.. however one major factor played a key role in the decision, and it was the history.. if you want to know the future of a country, look at its past.. is it turbulent with turmoils? was it always economically stable? Are the institutions stable?.. etc.. hope this might enlighten some too when they take their decisions :)

bhuwan77

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014