Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Hello everyone,

I 'd like to ask to those who are already landed : is the Canada that place you expected ? Is it better or worse than you thought ?

Thanks to all

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Albert1900 said:
Hello everyone,

I 'd like to ask to those who are already landed : is the Canada that place you expected ? Is it better or worse than you thought ?

Thanks to all
A simple question but hard to answer. It all depends upon your perspective and under what situation you are moving from. i.e. if you are running for life escaping a "drone attack", this can be fulfilling and viewed as paradise; but if taking high risk of leaving off a well settled/senior/stable/govt. job or selling off properties/business then a very good judgement may go wrong.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albert1900 said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks to all
I was in Dubai for 9 years and decided to land in Canada as PR. I can say that my first year, i struggled a lot from tax, salary and finding a job, its a totally adjustment and I almost surrender he he he But now I am Ok and I love Canada ;)

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping_canadian said:
I was in Dubai for 9 years and decided to land in Canada as PR. I can say that my first year, i struggled a lot from tax, salary and finding a job, its a totally adjustment and I almost surrender he he he But now I am Ok and I love Canada ;)
Same feelings my friend I was in UAE for 11 years no taxes, sophisticated life with wealth , many place to spend time, but I didn't have time for my family and you don't have freedom of speech ! as you have to be carful what you say otherwise you will be departed if you criticize the system there but the people there were very nice and approachable

when I moved to Canada I was shocked from the amount of taxes and other dues that is deducted from my pay cheque, the prices of the houses that really is beyond imagination but in Canada we found the peace that we lack of all my life, I have more time for my family, we enjoy every weekend, my 4 kids will have better future here m still we are attached to our culture and beliefs and people here in Canada respect us as who we are and this is very important and appreciated
I love Canada

Albert1900

Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Thanks to all for your answers , i read it very carefully, my common law and I have a good job , a fine home here where we live , but ..... maybe here(Italy) is a good place for vacations only, we are too honest to keep living here

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
We love it!
I worked in US for 9 years. I applied for green card and waited for a very long time (probably more than 6 years) so we applied for Canadian PR and got it in just 1 year :). We felt immensely happy and blessed when we received the PR card.
Finding a job outside of Canada was difficult even while working in US but I managed to get one so my wife and I moved to Canada. My wife struggled to get a job because in Canada you need to have Canadian experience. She enrolled in some volunteer job and got a job later.
The first few months we struggled with higher taxes and, higher food prices and cost living but health care turned out to be great for us and the service is similar to US. After a while we stopped comparing prices with US and life became a lot easier.
In general customer service is a little bit worse than US but still good. And Canada is a great and very peaceful place to live and raise family. Spectacular during summer and liveable in Winter. I ice-skate in winter and ride a bicycle all the year around (yes also in winter). I still need to try sky and other winter sports.
It is a multicultural society so you find less resistance from Canadian and other cultures and you can blend easily. Most people are welcoming and polite.

BTW houses are expensive but when you look at the interest rate and monthly payments it seems to be lower than US somehow.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albert1900 said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks to all
It is a matter of expectations, if one plans to live the remainder of his life in a country and does not do the basic homework to inquire about what to expect.. then it is not Canada's fault if they get disappointed from setting high expectations upfront.. I met with lot of such cases, and most of them returned back to where they came from in a year..

Personally, My new country met and exceeded all my expectations! for this I love it..
One thing I did learn, is that Canada is very conservative in terms of processes, this makes it very stable and secure, but on the other hand slow and not too flexible, the latter drive people crazy as there is no way to speed up things or jump over the line as most are used in their home countries.. for that I say patience.. in Canada everything happens the proper way sooner or later..

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ingegarcia said:
We love it!
I worked in US for 9 years. I applied for green card and waited for a very long time (probably more than 6 years) so we applied for Canadian PR and got it in just 1 year :). We felt immensely happy and blessed when we received the PR card.
Finding a job outside of Canada was difficult even while working in US but I managed to get one so my wife and I moved to Canada. My wife struggled to get a job because in Canada you need to have Canadian experience. She enrolled in some volunteer job and got a job later.
The first few months we struggled with higher taxes and, higher food prices and cost living but health care turned out to be great for us and the service is similar to US. After a while we stopped comparing prices with US and life became a lot easier.
In general customer service is a little bit worse than US but still good. And Canada is a great and very peaceful place to live and raise family. Spectacular during summer and liveable in Winter. I ice-skate in winter and ride a bicycle all the year around (yes also in winter). I still need to try sky and other winter sports.
It is a multicultural society so you find less resistance from Canadian and other cultures and you can blend easily. Most people are welcoming and polite.

BTW houses are expensive but when you look at the interest rate and monthly payments it seems to be lower than US somehow.
Your experience is similar to mine. Just curious are you still holding the US PR or have you given up on it. Is there any benefits vs the Canadian PR and did you get US citizenship. I have also lived for quite a few years in the US. It is really cheap there, but you get use to the Canadian way after sometime.

Albert1900

Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Michels said:
It is a matter of expectations, if one plans to live the remainder of his life in a country and does not do the basic homework to inquire about what to expect.. then it is not Canada's fault if they get disappointed from setting high expectations upfront.. I met with lot of such cases, and most of them returned back to where they came from in a year..
I agree

Albert1900

Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
SinghLovCan said:
Came to Canada :

Pros :
1)Canadians are some of the most friendliest and tolerant people in the world. However, some ppl from third world countries take advantage of that.
2)You are equal as a human being irrespective of where you come from.
3)Big country, lots of travel, lots of activities for the kids.
4)Nice weather, sometimes cold though, but if you are adventurous you can enjoy year around.
5)Safe for women, less crime.
6)Most important. You are living in a FIRST WORLD country which is member of G8.

Cons :

1)Jobs are very temporary and not secure.

Overall rating on Canada : 5/5, this is one of the best countries in the world.
Thanks for sharing

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I never got the green card. Before I left US I only had my Labor approved (Yes the very first step) and the reason it took so long was because I moved to a different job and my whole GC process started again.
So tired of living under an H1B and living the turmoil of a financial crisis in US I decided to become Canadian PR and I've been living here for almost 5 years and I do not regret it.

SinghLovCan said:
Your experience is similar to mine. Just curious are you still holding the US PR or have you given up on it. Is there any benefits vs the Canadian PR and did you get US citizenship. I have also lived for quite a few years in the US. It is really cheap there, but you get use to the Canadian way after sometime.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/love-canada-t253694.0.html

I mentioned to the OP on another thread that this question dosent help anybody rather leads to finger pointing and criticism. He disagreed and I finally proved my point. I dont know how all this information is useful to him and how it shapes his experience

Albert1900

Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
newtone said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/love-canada-t253694.0.html

I mentioned to the OP on another thread that this question dosent help anybody rather leads to finger pointing and criticism. He disagreed and I finally proved my point. I dont know how all this information is useful to him and how it shapes his experience
All the answers are very important....so I repeat : don't worry about the difference that it makes in my life, if you don't like the question just don't answer than.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albert1900 said:
All the answers are very important....so I repeat : don't worry about the difference that it makes in my life, if you don't like the question just don't answer than.
I have to worry cause you asked the question without sharing your experience. So please be fair and lets start with you sharing your experience FIRST