+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lots of Clarifications needed for CEC :) Any help welcome

shatamata

Sep 5, 2010
Hello, I'm a diploma grad and finally done with 1 year FT experience, intending to apply to CEC PR ASAP. however I have a kind of different situation. I m married to a Canadian citizen and my kid is born here in Saskatchewan (I've been in Canada 5 years now as a student).
I don't want to apply through Family stream though , by principle.
So should I include my wife and my kid in my application for PR? I know that I have to include them in the background declaration, but what about the general imm form? and the photos + passport details? and should they have their medical exams as well?

also, should I include my education in Algeria (bachelor) although I took a 2 yrs diploma in Saskatchewan (which which I've a job in NOC B)?

also, do I need to mention/give a proof of any job that is not qualifying under a CEC NOC?

Thanks a bunch for any answers.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
shatamata said:
Hello, I'm a diploma grad and finally done with 1 year FT experience, intending to apply to CEC PR ASAP. however I have a kind of different situation. I m married to a Canadian citizen and my kid is born here in Saskatchewan (I've been in Canada 5 years now as a student).
I don't want to apply through Family stream though , by principle.
So should I include my wife and my kid in my application for PR? I know that I have to include them in the background declaration, but what about the general imm form? and the photos + passport details? and should they have their medical exams as well?

The best that I can tell, they are NOT part of the application for permanent residence.

NO
1) IMM 0008 Generic
2) IMM 0008 Schedule 1 Background Info - wife does not need to complete (??? Not sure about this but this is what I understand from the instructions, that it is only for those included on the application for PR).
- no police clearance
- no medical exams

YES
1) IMM 5406, Additional family information
2) Additional documents - Identity & Civil status documents

I would include a cover letter stating up front that your wife and child are Canadian citizens, and thus you have not included them in the application.

also, should I include my education in Algeria (bachelor) although I took a 2 yrs diploma in Saskatchewan (which which I've a job in NOC B)?

No on Schedule 8
Yes on Schedule 1, Background Declaration, and Documents (diplomas and transcripts).

also, do I need to mention/give a proof of any job that is not qualifying under a CEC NOC?

No on Schedule 8.
Yes, on Schedule 1 (Background declaration)
Work experience documents - Yes if in the past 3 years (some disagree).

Thanks a bunch for any answers.

shatamata

Sep 5, 2010
Thank you sir!
Called CIC and I don't need to include any information about my family, except in Background check, as they are already Canadian citizens.