+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost work permit and needing to travel in 4 days

stubish

Jul 3, 2008
Hi all,
I'll make this short, I have a work permit. However I am going to the states next week for a conference and discovered my work permit is not with my passport (I've not used either in months, assuming they were both safe and sound in my usual spot). So I've torn the house apart and no work permit. Just my passport.

I've seen I can apply for a copy, but the problem being I need to leave on Friday (4 days) and be able to re-enter Canada.

Anybody care to comment on how I can either prove I've got a work permit without the actual paper (will it be attached to my passport scan? Could I even try and get the replacement on my way back over the peace arch border perhaps) or how I can get some sort of proof of my permit before I leave?

Any help would be great

Peace
Stuart

mb7057

Jul 22, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have the exact same problem. Lost my valid work permit and I need to travel out of country in 2 weeks time. The processing time for a new copy on the cic website is 4 months. Can you please share what you did and is there a way out?

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Hi , I didn't take my WP with me when I returned back to Canada, so the custom officer asked my passport and checked on his computer, and then he let me in. I think they can find your information throught you passport if your WP is stil valid.
Good luck