+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost VFS "Original invoice"... What to do?

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Hello all.

The VFS form we get after doing biometrics says that we must have the original invoice we got from the VFS office when we mail them the passport for stamping.

I can't seem to remember this invoice at all, and can't find it where i would have put it if I'd had it.

What are my options? Anyone know? Pls help!!

promisedprodigy

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Same here..usually the invoice is stapled to the documents given back to you after you complete your biometrics, however the invoice wasn't stapled in my father's case..I'm really anxious on how to proceed from here as his decision is about to come back.

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Same here..usually the invoice is stapled to the documents given back to you after you complete your biometrics, however the invoice wasn't stapled in my father's case..I'm really anxious on how to proceed from here as his decision is about to come back.
What documents did they give back? (Our biometrics was over 2 months ago, and at that time we had a bunch of other passport and other applications, so all the info has been jumbled up in my brain :oops: ) Maybe I'll look for those and see if anything is stapled to those... I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they say

promisedprodigy

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
What documents did they give back? (Our biometrics was over 2 months ago, and at that time we had a bunch of other passport and other applications, so all the info has been jumbled up in my brain :oops: ) Maybe I'll look for those and see if anything is stapled to those... I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they say
They just returned one of those tags that you get on your passport upon completion, along with the appointment form. He did not receive passport decision instructions or an invoice however back when I applied for mine, I got both. I'm also going to give them a call tomorrow as this is simply an error on their part.

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
They just returned one of those tags that you get on your passport upon completion, along with the appointment form. He did not receive passport decision instructions or an invoice however back when I applied for mine, I got both. I'm also going to give them a call tomorrow as this is simply an error on their part.
My wife was the one getting biometrics, both of us were in the VFS office, neither of us remember an invoice. We checked all the places it could be, the bags and folders and everything that we had with us, nowhere to be found. So either they didn't give it to us, or we are just going crazy...

promisedprodigy

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
My wife was the one getting biometrics, both of us were in the VFS office, neither of us remember an invoice. We checked all the places it could be, the bags and folders and everything that we had with us, nowhere to be found. So either they didn't give it to us, or we are just going crazy...
the invoice is a thin rectangular piece of paper stapled to the front of the documents you got back after biometrics.

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
the invoice is a thin rectangular piece of paper stapled to the front of the documents you got back after biometrics.
Yeah. I don't recall getting anything back other than the piece of paper that says how to send the passport once asked to submit it and the passport with a sticker on the back. Otherwise the invoice would have been with the instruction letter, because we left all of the docs together... Hopefully they're not so strict with that, after all the sticker on the back of the passport is from their own office and has all the info, name, last name, DOB, ircc number and biometric ID, and a barcode to scan. So, at this point I'm just praying that they're understanding and the invoice isn't a strict requirement. Until recently, i just thought they wanted the invoice, meaning confirmation of payment, which is in the email, since like i said, i don't recall ever seeing this invoice given by them. Then i saw on the site that it's an invoice given by the office themselves. So we shall see. I remember when we were there, they were really late to start processing everyone, they had some issues with the system, so I'm thinking maybe that's why I don't have an invoice, maybe we just never got any that day. Who knows though. If you end up calling them before i do, let me know what they say, and i shall do the same. Also, what office location were you at?

promisedprodigy

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Yeah. I don't recall getting anything back other than the piece of paper that says how to send the passport once asked to submit it and the passport with a sticker on the back. Otherwise the invoice would have been with the instruction letter, because we left all of the docs together... Hopefully they're not so strict with that, after all the sticker on the back of the passport is from their own office and has all the info, name, last name, DOB, ircc number and biometric ID, and a barcode to scan. So, at this point I'm just praying that they're understanding and the invoice isn't a strict requirement. Until recently, i just thought they wanted the invoice, meaning confirmation of payment, which is in the email, since like i said, i don't recall ever seeing this invoice given by them. Then i saw on the site that it's an invoice given by the office themselves. So we shall see. I remember when we were there, they were really late to start processing everyone, they had some issues with the system, so I'm thinking maybe that's why I don't have an invoice, maybe we just never got any that day. Who knows though. If you end up calling them before i do, let me know what they say, and i shall do the same. Also, what office location were you at?
Yeah I mean that's just a requirement set by VFS, and denying someone just because they don't have the receipt (or in our case, haven't received it in the first place from the office) doesn't make much sense if you've got your application approved. Still, I'll call them in the morning and ask what can be done. I'm applying from the Riyadh VFS office in Saudi Arabia.

Reactions: niravrocky

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Yeah I mean that's just a requirement set by VFS, and denying someone just because they don't have the receipt (or in our case, haven't received it in the first place from the office) doesn't make much sense if you've got your application approved. Still, I'll call them in the morning and ask what can be done. I'm applying from the Riyadh VFS office in Saudi Arabia.
Yeah. That's what I'm thinking too, because the embassy doesn't require it. But either way, you can't send your passport to the embassy directly.

No way man!! We were at the one in Jeddah. That's why I was surprised you said you'll call them tomorrow, since it's Sunday. Hopefully they'll pick up, specifically someone knowledgeable. I've never called them before, so hopefully it'll go well. Let me know what they say once you call them.

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Hi. So i called the office, he said the invoice is not really required because the required information is already on the sticker on the back of the passport.

promisedprodigy

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Hi. So i called the office, he said the invoice is not really required because the required information is already on the sticker on the back of the passport.
Haha I forgot to update, but yeah they told me the same thing! I'm a bit confused on the service charge cost though.. At least it worked out fine :D

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
It's 28 riyals. Because you send your passport to the VFS office, they forward it to the embassy, then the embassy sends it back to the VFS office, then they have to mail it to you. So you're basically paying for this last stretch, from the VFS office to be mailed to you. He said if you pay 9 more riyals, you can get sms alerts in terms of where the passport is, like when it arrives in the embassy, when it leaves the embassy, etc etc.

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Haha I forgot to update, but yeah they told me the same thing! I'm a bit confused on the service charge cost though.. At least it worked out fine :D
Yeah, i was very relieved. I went through all my documents, twice, looking for that invoice. Combed through the documents, one by one. I was starting to get frustrated. But, thank God, it's all ok. So we will see what happens.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
The invoice was emailed to me. No other document was provided other than a sticker on the back of my passport. Chandigarh VFS office.

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
The invoice was emailed to me. No other document was provided other than a sticker on the back of my passport. Chandigarh VFS office.
We checked the email, there was no invoice. Just an email saying that her application with tracking number has been dispatched. Then another email two days later saying that the application has arrived to the embassy. That's it.