+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost/ Stolen PR Cards- How to Apply for PRTDs for family of 4

Aiphee

Dec 22, 2023
Hello everyone,

My family got PR status in early 2023 with me (29F) as the primary applicant on a PNP program. We did a soft landing in August of 2023 and returned to our home country before PR cards were delivered. All of our PR cards were misplaced on the way to us. I have reached out to my local visa office and notified them of the situation.

We intend to go back to Canada in early 2024 to reside permanently but are at a loss as to how to apply for PRTDs given that all four of the cards are lost.

a. Should I (primary applicant) apply for PRTDs for all my family members from a single account in the PR portal?
b. Should I apply for my kids from the same account as well?
c. Do we pay all fees together and just do a single application?
d. Do we have to do 4 separate applications- one per individual?

Please, anyone who is familiar with the process should kindly advise.
Thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

My family got PR status in early 2023 with me (29F) as the primary applicant on a PNP program. We did a soft landing in August of 2023 and returned to our home country before PR cards were delivered. All of our PR cards were misplaced on the way to us. I have reached out to my local visa office and notified them of the situation.

We intend to go back to Canada in early 2024 to reside permanently but are at a loss as to how to apply for PRTDs given that all four of the cards are lost.

a. Should I (primary applicant) apply for PRTDs for all my family members from a single account in the PR portal?
b. Should I apply for my kids from the same account as well?
c. Do we pay all fees together and just do a single application?
d. Do we have to do 4 separate applications- one per individual?

Please, anyone who is familiar with the process should kindly advise.
Thank you
It would be four separate applications. Don't know about whether you need four separate accounts etc.